Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rather than enjoying a holiday with my family. I have spent the day pulling shed hairs out of my beard and shirt, distracted by the itch that won’t go away. I’m using over 6ml topics Finasteride and oral minoxidil. All of the shed hair has tapered ends and is a reaction of normal diameter. I’m going to just end it when I get home. This isn’t something I can manage. I had perfect thick hair 3 years ago and today I can’t touch my head without pulling out 10 hairs. Had iron infusions. Low Serum DHT and sides that won’t go away.

I have no idea what else to do but Dutasteride which will definitely cause me to end it if there’s a shed or worsening sides.

Dude you have problems with thyroid, nutritional deficiency or scalp infection like seborrheic dermatitis. I don't know what triggered mine. It might have been be change of the environment, diet change, stress or water that triggered it but I remember that suddenly I started experiencing constant scalp itching which was getting worse, increased dandruff and sebum production. And up to today I still shed miniaturized hairs. Despite that the hair condition is improved due to my raw eggs regimen I still have itching and trichodynia on the vertex and sides. I hope that you find your exact problem and solution and stop posting the same photos over again.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m holding out some hope that’s there more going on than male pattern baldness, even so only the male pattern baldness is permanent.

As I just took those photos while I am sitting here... these from last night shower/wash...

Attachments

• 35D4FCDF-F6F0-4EC1-8FD4-3BF78BA1E9B2.jpeg
    35D4FCDF-F6F0-4EC1-8FD4-3BF78BA1E9B2.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 009A1790-6CF9-47E8-BE91-00475FE76915.jpeg
    009A1790-6CF9-47E8-BE91-00475FE76915.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 280

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I may be over the top with my reactions and vent of here but you’re nothing but a little troll on here and I’m pretty sure I’m the real world.

The real question is what to do when you’re a non-responder good for those that have been able to use Propecia and slow/stop. I only got worse and I’m pretty sure Dutasteride will have the same impact.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol the real troll? Imagine being a 43 year old man with no noticeable hair loss whining like a little girl on an internet forum for 3 years talking about ' ending it ' and ' going bald in less than a year ' . f*****g END IT indeed u imbecile.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I could find any way to slow this down without the sides or stabilize the loss. I would chill the f*** out and stop the crazy rants and get back to a once full and healthy life.

I do think the sheer daily amount of hair and the way it falls out with such ease has driving me pretty insane. The unfortunate photos I have posted of gross sinks and shower walls are a daily reality and has been for 3 years.

Nothing is working and whether it’s from the supposed ‘initiation’ shed or a reaction on the scalp. I’ve done immediate damage with each new treatment. Donor area also thinning/diffusing.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thinning doesn’t stop. The itch is constant. I haven’t washed my hair in 12 days.

1. I have notable sides on topical finasteride result: fear any stronger AA will only making things worse or permanent and also not yield a response
2. I have not experienced even the slightest change in thinning after 17 months. I have only watched my incredible baseline disappear. I am at about 40% maybe 30% density from my baseline. It is now noticeable.
3. The oral minoxidil may have helped for the first two years and is most likely no longer working making the thinning worse
4. The thinning covers the entire Diffuse Norwood 7 area result is that a hair transplant is impossible. There is no difference in thinning from the temples, vertex, or crown. All are universally fucked. Donor area is thinning. Also, you need to be on Finasteride to get hair transplant
5. The hairs being shed are all about 4 inches long with a few shorter hairs around an inch. All are a fraction of my normal hair diameter, all have tapered ends.
6. I have almost no grey hairs at 42
7. I have chronic beard folliculitis and it hit my scalp when this started. I have a full beard to hide the cysts. If I’m forced to shave my head I will get the same disgusting ingrown hairs all over my head.

OLD PHOTOS for reference: my hair was jet black, thick and wavy even in March 2018 when these photos were taken. There is no hair left, no layers. And all shafts taper at the scalp.

I’m done.

Attachments

• C38EBCC9-BB5C-4676-A70A-798FB8D73948.jpeg
    C38EBCC9-BB5C-4676-A70A-798FB8D73948.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 240
  • C5AED762-7639-4E74-BD3F-76C47B94B9C2.jpeg
    C5AED762-7639-4E74-BD3F-76C47B94B9C2.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 220
  • 9CBA3876-A9F0-4FEF-92AF-668333233478.jpeg
    9CBA3876-A9F0-4FEF-92AF-668333233478.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 747E35C0-88C1-4960-881E-03C9D05EBBB6.jpeg
    747E35C0-88C1-4960-881E-03C9D05EBBB6.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 222

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao. U said in may 2017 u were balding like a mofo in one year and now ur saying u had thick hair in March 2018.
Get treated for BDD asap imbecile.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so fascinated with this thread?

Everything that I post is legit and dated. I’ve been thing the the entire time. It recovered a bit from oral minoxidil in 2018 from the Telogen Effluvium that kicked this off.

looking for tangible ideas not pathetic trolls

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if your folliculitis is causing that? Have thought about it?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Initially that’s what I thought and had two biopsies. The scalp folliculitis has calmed down for awhile now, just fear the need to shave my head at some point and the inevitable ingrown hairs/folliculitis.

I have a full beard for that reason.

This pic is from late 2017 crown was shedding but hairline still perfect. You can see the hair is still thick and healthy four months before starting minoxidil. Beard.

that density is gone despite treatment.

Attachments

• CE9D3638-FDD0-4746-8919-223AC9F61B49.jpeg
    CE9D3638-FDD0-4746-8919-223AC9F61B49.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 302
  • E3A31150-9E01-4A3F-B953-ADE28454A4C4.jpeg
    E3A31150-9E01-4A3F-B953-ADE28454A4C4.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 323

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man not washing your scalp isn’t going to help things at all. You’re just going to get more itchiness and probably some seborrheic dermatitis that will make things even worse. Trust me when I say that sh*t is awful and will undoubtedly make you shed even more. At that point you would have to add topical corticosteroids to the list of crap you’ll have to add to your regimen.

I can’t tell for sure, but some of your pictures look like you might already be experiencing it. Your scalp definitely looks irritated. I’ve said this before, but at some point you’re just going to have to realize that whatever hair you shed in the shower was going to come out anyway or already had and is just entangled with the rest. In the end, not washing your scalp is just going to make things worse.

I get it man, it sucks balls to see hair all over your hands when you shower, but there are ways you can mitigate that effect. When you wash/condition your hair make a point of keeping your eyes closed while you do so. Once done, wash your hands off before you open your eyes. It doesn’t solve the problem, but it will keep it out of sight and thus reduce the effect of your mind.

The other thing you need to start considering is that you may not ever stop the shed. Diffusing at your age is going to be indefinite and faster than the gradual pace of a younger person in an otherwise identical circumstance. If you’re not responding to finasteride, the only real shot at this point is trying dutasteride, but your concerns regarding it are legitimate and you’ll only go there if a final shot at keeping your hair outweighs them.

At this point, you may as well go all out and go with the maximum regiment...topical min, dermaroll, nizoral, dutasteride.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am having sides on Topical Finasteride I’ll kill myself on Dutasteride.

it doesn’t stop, it doesn’t slow and a hair transplant isn’t an option. 6 months ago I had full temples. Now the new hair is miniaturized garbage that’s also falling out.

Attachments

• 499242F8-E46F-4960-B3C7-99DA61001FDB.jpeg
    499242F8-E46F-4960-B3C7-99DA61001FDB.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 294

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn I wish that was true. Don’t you see the miniaturized hair at the hairline, keep in mind this started at 40, 43 now.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any ideas then? I know I’m thinner on the top. Overall it feels like my hair just died. If you compare to even last year you can see the thinning and color change. Not a Telogen Effluvium as all the shed hairs are weak and thin.

took today after a wash.

Attachments

• 76A2CDEB-9786-4B2E-9655-BA4ACEA16BBB.jpeg
    76A2CDEB-9786-4B2E-9655-BA4ACEA16BBB.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 538EE739-595C-439A-A0F3-7591377CA244.jpeg
    538EE739-595C-439A-A0F3-7591377CA244.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 596EBF1F-75E7-4571-B515-0AB2304DD66E.jpeg
    596EBF1F-75E7-4571-B515-0AB2304DD66E.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 281
  • A16C5F57-F39C-477D-B0A0-0D786FF621D5.jpeg
    A16C5F57-F39C-477D-B0A0-0D786FF621D5.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 98ACA598-5E8C-495E-88D7-64D2E442CA28.jpeg
    98ACA598-5E8C-495E-88D7-64D2E442CA28.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 5303C0E7-548C-47C8-8FB6-D580AEB711FF.jpeg
    5303C0E7-548C-47C8-8FB6-D580AEB711FF.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 279

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Any ideas then? I know I’m thinner on the top. Overall it feels like my hair just died. If you compare to even last year you can see the thinning and color change. Not a Telogen Effluvium as all the shed hairs are weak and thin.

took today after a wash.
I really think you should stop all medications except your thyroid medication and just reset your body before you started taking all these medications. You seem to ignore what I have been telling you all along. You have a recessive balding gene that turned itself on later in life. Consider yourself lucky. I was just as lucky. I never had hair as thick or as black as yours. I was born with strawberry blonde hair with average density but fine hair. You were born with jet black hair with above average density and thick in caliber. Still not as top tier as what I see from the hispanics in my area but you are still up there. You must have some either italian, indian or hispanic blood in you. I don't have any of that in my blood. I wish I did as it seems to give great hair characteristics.

So here is what is happening to you. You are aging, very slowly going gray( you hit the jackpot on that gene) and have a thyroid condition. On top of that you have a Type A personality and are very much into your looks and physique. Most likely because you have either never been married or have not settled down and started a family. From what I can tell from your photos, I am sure you had many people tell you that you are very good looking as well as very young looking.

Unfortunately, when you hit your 40's it's much harder to maintain your good looks and youthful appearance but with good genetics like you have it's not as hard as it would be for the average guy of your peers. Even at 43, you are way above average compared to your peers. If that isn't a reason to live, then I don't know what to tell you but get therapy. You first need to admit the obvious which you won't admit. You have BDD and need help psychologically. How do I know all this? I was just like you the day I joined this forum.

You are obsessed with your hair which mostly everyone in this entire universe including this forum would say looks normal for your age. You take photos and post them on here for validation that something is wrong. A trained Norwood spotter can tell you do have some minor loss of density but that is all you have. It's minor. These young guys don't care about stories like yours and in their eyes you don't have a problem with your hair. They see you have a problem with mental health.

Due to your BDD specific hair obsession, you created a chronic telogen effluvium when you decided to mess with your hormones and hair cycles. Vanity comes with a price for some. And in your case, it is causing nothing but nonstop shedding and heartache for you. Secondly, you have Hashimoto's which can itself cause a chronic telogen effluvium and will not respond to Propecia. It will respond to minoxidil or growth stimulants or anti inflammatory treatments if you are lucky. So either stick to what your doing and hope your hair will remain somewhat stable until we get better treatments or just throw in the towel and stop everything but your thyroid medication because you need that to keep your thyroid from killing itself faster. And you will always need to take it when your body does kill your thyroid. I promise in 10 years from now your hair will be only slightly less dense than it is now and most likely you will have very little gray too. Most guys in their 50's don't have that luxury. Not even Brad Pitt escaped gray hair. He dyes it like the rest of the Hollywood crew. The only unicorns who tend to not go gray in the 50's are some lucky hispanics, italians, middle eastern, and Afro-Americans, and usually people with jet black hair like you have. Light colored hair seems to gray faster for some guys. Time to accept your doing better than you peers and enjoy your life.

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

took today after a wash.

You are thin all over not just top.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @DoctorHouse I have made some horrible mistakes trying to act fast. My hair changed when a I started minoxidil and has never been the same. I know I over react often and that I am very fortunate. I have been incredibly healthy until the thyroid and hair issues started at 40. Otherwise I looked and felt as good as I did at 25.

The risk and lead to trying Finasteride was a very tough choice for me and the sides where pretty hard to deny. I hoped topical was an answer to stop the sides, it simply is not. I’m getting iron IVs now and the doctors have me using HCG to try and recover (destroying hair). The length, hair color and waviness help to hide a lot but there’s a fraction of the density left. a short cut would show the thinning on crown vertex and not the hairline.

The crippling depression for even this early and very surprising hairloss has pretty much taken any joy from a once very healthy and happy life. BDD or not the depression this disease causes is the real killer. The sides without success have been unwarranted I feel like I’ve managed to lose everything trying to fight this sh*t. I have not been able to recover from the sides. Yeah it is superficial ego bullshit but it has been such a source of positive reinforcement and confidence throughout my life. I still get comments almost daily on my hair from women and now it only ads to panic and depression.

I’m about two years in on topical, definitely in a terrible loop with the hormones. My Testosterone is all over the place and DHT still low. Sides won’t go away and I’m still losing lot of hair daily. Oral minoxidil didn’t increase body hair and maybe helped maintain for year or so?

Realizing it is a combination of things I can’t deny the much thinner short hairs that I lose now or the diffuse thinning just about everywhere but the occipital area. The sensation and itch are constant in the Norwood region.

I’m not looking for a miracle or a return even to two years ago. I just want to be able to work out of swim or shower like a normal person without covering my hands and walls with hair that will never grow back.

If an hair transplant without Finasteride or Dutasteride was a possibility I’d stop everything and hope to reset. otherwise I’m just here to vent hopefully get ideas while I cover the country looking for doctors.

Going to see Wilma Berfeld at Cleveland Clinic on Monday. Undoubtedly another waste of time and effort.

Any thoughts on Zix?

Attachments

• 8B0FC383-4D3C-434A-AC60-09582F1BA033.jpeg
    8B0FC383-4D3C-434A-AC60-09582F1BA033.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited: