Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prp is a scam. My derm pushed me hard for it and I had 4 sessions. Didn’t nothing and she made a quick 5k.
My derm has been trying to push it on me for almost a year. It’s like she’s a programmed robot who forgets the 20 times I’ve already told her I’m not interested. I guess she’s preying on the fact that I’ll be so desperate that I’ll eventually say yes.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went down to see Greco for it. I was skeptical and by the time I had gone over the situation with him he recommended that I don’t have the procedure. I think he mostly saw that I was scared/skeptical and knew I wouldn’t be a please customer. I agree I think it is too invasive without any real data.

he did tell me I had a serious, chronic Telogen Effluvium to go with my age related male pattern baldness... my donor area also thinning so...

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
His balding pattern is definitely not following the typical pattern but he is losing density. Diffuse pattern balding can allow a juvenile hairline to stay intact but it could thin out. I would be curious to see what happens if he switches from oral minoxidil to topical. So far he will not do that. Minoxidil tends to cause some big sheds for some people.
What do you think could happen with a switch to topcial minoxidil?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize I have a full head of decent hair. But when I think about what’s been lost and how fast despite doctors, a ton of $ and years wasted life fixated on this I sink deeper into depression. I know this nightmare would be far worse as a young man. Even now the surprise and speed is daunting.

I wish I could give up on this. I probably have done more harm than good.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know what the f*** to do. My hairline is eroding daily. All the caveats of having good hair for my age etc. aside I’m losing ground fast despite a ridiculous amount of topical Finasteride daily and a high dose oral Minoxidil. I am already fighting through sides on these to the point where I might need to hit the HCG to get right and kill more hair. If Finasteride showed any progress I’d consider Dutasteride but right now with the hope of starting a family and rapid decline...

issue is it’s not just the hairline, the entire crown and vertex are worse but in the last two months the hairline thinned the f*** out. I realize no one gives a f*** but any look at my photos from year 1, year 2 verus today would be helpful. In retrospect I see how the decline wasn’t as noticeable before, most loss was on the top covered by long hair. My hair is light brown now.

are the small hairs on my forelock miniaturized?

Attachments

• 0486935B-6244-46C6-A8A8-03A078612CC9.jpeg
    0486935B-6244-46C6-A8A8-03A078612CC9.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 291

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The shedding has made me insane. It is constant 600 hundred 1000 hairs in covered in hair my bathrooms and bed are covered in hair. I can’t eat or work anymore. I don’t even care about the balding, the shed has made me crazy. No one gives a f***. I’ve filled gallon bags full of hair In The last 6 months. I n drinking like crazy. Using 20 ml a day topical Finasteride pill too and it gets worse worse

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to be mean, but it really sounds like you could use a therapist more than anything else.

Second this, if hair shedding is keeping you from going to work than there's a serious problem.

He says no one gives a f*** that his hair is shedding, but why should they? I mean yeah it sucks but why should anyone else give a f*** if you're shedding hair lol

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah good point. I guess it’s just normal to go bald in a year. I’ll be dead before that happens.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know what the f*** to do. My hairline is eroding daily. All the caveats of having good hair for my age etc. aside I’m losing ground fast despite a ridiculous amount of topical Finasteride daily and a high dose oral Minoxidil. I am already fighting through sides on these to the point where I might need to hit the HCG to get right and kill more hair. If Finasteride showed any progress I’d consider Dutasteride but right now with the hope of starting a family and rapid decline...

issue is it’s not just the hairline, the entire crown and vertex are worse but in the last two months the hairline thinned the f*** out. I realize no one gives a f*** but any look at my photos from year 1, year 2 verus today would be helpful. In retrospect I see how the decline wasn’t as noticeable before, most loss was on the top covered by long hair. My hair is light brown now.

are the small hairs on my forelock miniaturized?
lmao dude, you are nw1 with good density, you are another paranoid kid on this forum

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I’m a shedding thinning NW1 from god hair 3 years ago and I’m trying all but Dutasteride and it’s getting worse I’ll be a diffuse NW2 mess by March or dead because at this point that’s where I’m leaning. Don’t expect any sympathy trust me.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I’m a shedding thinning NW1 from god hair 3 years ago and I’m trying all but Dutasteride and it’s getting worse I’ll be a diffuse NW2 mess by March or dead because at this point that’s where I’m leaning. Don’t expect any sympathy trust me.
Take a few deep breaths. The amount of anxiety you are having over this is almost certainly contributing to the problem. Have you considered anti anxiety medication? I’d guess that your mental state is causing constant stress to your hair and might be playing a large role in this.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Saying you would rather be dead than deal with this is asinine. There are people who went to Norwood 5 in their early 20's. I understand this is stressful for you, but frankly, you are being a pu$$y. If this disease caught you when you were twenty I don't even know how you would respond, you'd be in a psych ward.

It's time to talk some deep breaths and calm down, the stress is certainly not helping your hair at all.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Learn to put things in perspective man.

(coming from a 21 year old nw3...)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I realize I’m losing my mind and I don’t know what I would have done if this happened when J was young. I’m not making sh*t up on the shed volume. I could shake my head an drop 50 hairs. f***.

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your current regimen exactly including percentages and how your mixing it etc (professional vs making your self etc).

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using a 1% compounded by a pharmacy no minoxidil. Probably 4-5ml daily for coverage. I have recently been using twice a day.

I am using a 1% lipsomal gel from Italy twice daily on my hairline.

I tend to take a few have doses of Propecia during the week.

I take 5mg oral minoxidil daily.

I take viviscal pro daily, zinc, iron (now getting iron infusions starting next week due to ferritin of 20).

* Because of side’s urologist has me on 50 units of HCG three times a week. I have started and stopped this over the course of the year. Panicked after starting oral Propecia in October and have been using since but tapering off as I have far less noticeable sides with the topical. Worst side is depression.

The shedding never slows down. I am diffuse thinning in the entire Norwood region and my hair quality and color has changed dramatically for the worst. Please keep in mind I was an extremely dense NW0 with long jet black ropes of hair when this started in late 2016.

My Forelock is thinning at the fastest rate.

Attachments

• CF1B7966-7BAE-4FBE-AC30-7AA6DF56AA2E.jpeg
    CF1B7966-7BAE-4FBE-AC30-7AA6DF56AA2E.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 268

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is HCG does it have side effects, some of these things cause hair loss you know...

4-5ml 1% finasteride is alot. I believe 1ml at .25 is equivellent to 1mg, so thats a heck of a lot man!

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I know. It really hasn’t done anything for me. The HCG raises LH and in doing so testosterone without shutting down testes like Androgel. Fertility is a big concern and didn’t want Finasteride to ruin my chances. Definitely has some sides though serum DHT never changed. Has to even indirectly be bad for hair.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Bro, why don't you just buzz your head to see if you are actually thinning, and the extent of it? With so much hair combed like you style it, it's hard to make any conclusions.