Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice | Page 17 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by bluecyclone, May 23, 2017.

1. MKP05

MKP05 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Speaking of how shitty the medical industry is in general, I just got off the phone with my endocrinologist and she refuses to write me a script to check my DHT and testosterone levels. She said she doesn’t treat testosterone issues. Has anyone else had an endocrinologist refuse to have hormone levels checked?

2. bluecyclone

bluecyclone Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That is bullshit. If you are on Finasteride you should be able to demand 6 month T and DHT tests. Your Finasteride prescriber might be able write orders.

on the PRP just met with Greco for the second time since April. First time I passed on the PRP, this time he told me not to do it. He says I have two processes going. Chronic Telogen Effluvium and underlying AA. His fear was the possible shed and trauma could make the Telogen Effluvium worse.

never f*** with hormones is my lesson. Thyroid meds that I don’t think I ever needed kicked off an imbalance that I can’t right.

he also likes topcial Finasteride and oral minoxidil.

I want to add a blocker. Anyone think it’s safe to add RU to a 60ml PG 1% Finasteride? Or CB

3. MKP05

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Tell me about it. My dermatologist said she was not authorized to write a blood script for hormones and to talk to my endocrinologist. My endocrinologist said she’s authorized to write the script but refuses to do so because she doesn’t treat testosterone issues. I told her I’m simply looking to know my levels but she still refused.

Meanwhile look at this f*****g mess. All lost in 20 months 17 of which I was on finasteride. Well my dutasteride arrived tonight. So I’m sitting here sweating trying to decide if I’m going to double down and try to obliterate my DHT.

Attached Files:

4. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Try a urologist, I goto the head of urology at Norwood (northwestern) He’s liberal with tests, even covered though the panels are $$$.

I’m going to start more research on level balance. I still can’t make sense of normal to high T and low DHT. Also when my T is best like early winter my hair was better when it tanked and I added oral Propecia my shed got worse, hair quality declined and got more depressed and insane on the forums.

#324 bluecyclone, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  5. mannyFJ

mannyFJ Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I do my own prp. Im not sure i saw benefits but I haven’t done it in a long time and now im shedding way more. Maybe i should try it again and see if shed decreases

6. Who Farted

Who Farted Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It makes sense that your testosterone levels are high when you’re taking finasteride. It’s actually known to cause a relative increase of available testosterone as a consequence of how it works. finasteride prevents testosterone from being converted to DHT, which increases the amount of testosterone in your body by whatever amount would have otherwise been converted. The drug itself doesn’t affect testosterone production one way or the other, but it does change the way it’s allocated by limiting how it can be used, which in turn leads to a surplus of the baseline hormone.

7. Calikid

Calikid Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Prp is a scam. My derm pushed me hard for it and I had 4 sessions. Didn’t nothing and she made a quick 5k.

MKP05 likes this.
  8. Pequod

Pequod Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Without doing blood tests you are completely guessing about everything on this. My DHt level was so high that finasteride only lowered it enough to barely be above normal.

9. MKP05

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My derm has been trying to push it on me for almost a year. It’s like she’s a programmed robot who forgets the 20 times I’ve already told her I’m not interested. I guess she’s preying on the fact that I’ll be so desperate that I’ll eventually say yes.

10. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I went down to see Greco for it. I was skeptical and by the time I had gone over the situation with him he recommended that I don’t have the procedure. I think he mostly saw that I was scared/skeptical and knew I wouldn’t be a please customer. I agree I think it is too invasive without any real data.

he did tell me I had a serious, chronic Telogen Effluvium to go with my age related male pattern baldness... my donor area also thinning so...

11. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What do you think could happen with a switch to topcial minoxidil?

12. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I realize I have a full head of decent hair. But when I think about what’s been lost and how fast despite doctors, a ton of $ and years wasted life fixated on this I sink deeper into depression. I know this nightmare would be far worse as a young man. Even now the surprise and speed is daunting.

I wish I could give up on this. I probably have done more harm than good.

13. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don’t know what the f*** to do. My hairline is eroding daily. All the caveats of having good hair for my age etc. aside I’m losing ground fast despite a ridiculous amount of topical Finasteride daily and a high dose oral Minoxidil. I am already fighting through sides on these to the point where I might need to hit the HCG to get right and kill more hair. If Finasteride showed any progress I’d consider Dutasteride but right now with the hope of starting a family and rapid decline...

issue is it’s not just the hairline, the entire crown and vertex are worse but in the last two months the hairline thinned the f*** out. I realize no one gives a f*** but any look at my photos from year 1, year 2 verus today would be helpful. In retrospect I see how the decline wasn’t as noticeable before, most loss was on the top covered by long hair. My hair is light brown now.

are the small hairs on my forelock miniaturized?

Attached Files: