Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the length is hiding a lot. Best way is to look at photos since the sh*t started.

My hairline and over all was thinning but looked decent. Last few months it’s been a Forrest fire.

some photos from the spring/summer for reference.

Attachments

• 9FE93EA6-D799-4EBF-B46E-BD30EEC8B57B.jpeg
    9FE93EA6-D799-4EBF-B46E-BD30EEC8B57B.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 308
  • B50D2130-A739-4AC2-BAA5-1DE3E088C32B.jpeg
    B50D2130-A739-4AC2-BAA5-1DE3E088C32B.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 297

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the length is hiding a lot. Best way is to look at photos since the sh*t started.

My hairline and over all was thinning but looked decent. Last few months it’s been a Forrest fire.

some photos from the spring/summer for reference.

decimated all over. Can someone weigh in. How the f*** am I narrowing miniaturizating so fast despite a ton of topical Finasteride!?

Attachments

• 49BC773D-FAB6-44BA-887A-103154C70E7E.jpeg
    49BC773D-FAB6-44BA-887A-103154C70E7E.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 5FD6931D-F011-4569-B2CB-7CFA9324DA26.jpeg
    5FD6931D-F011-4569-B2CB-7CFA9324DA26.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 6CF5F3A3-1440-41E9-A9F5-31BA9F80FF44.jpeg
    6CF5F3A3-1440-41E9-A9F5-31BA9F80FF44.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 24AA78CF-8276-4252-996E-8448B793108A.jpeg
    24AA78CF-8276-4252-996E-8448B793108A.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 215
  • C7CDD630-A519-45EB-8B67-B7360DDE389A.jpeg
    C7CDD630-A519-45EB-8B67-B7360DDE389A.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 0CE22622-3F5C-41D2-9E08-3043376331F5.jpeg
    0CE22622-3F5C-41D2-9E08-3043376331F5.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
decimated all over. Can someone weigh in. How the f*** am I narrowing miniaturizating so fast despite a ton of topical Finasteride!?

Maybe topical finasteiride just isn't cutting it? i didn't maintain on oral finasteride, you should really considering trying dutasteride+RU+5mg oral minoxidil. Your hair loss isn't very severe, jump on a stronger regimen asap.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would consider a stronger regimen if I had not gotten much worse on Finasteride (topical and oral). If anything Ingot incremental worse (granted time and speed of the loss was also at work.)

don’t people see some gains or reduction in shed on Finasteride before trying Dutasteride? Hate the idea of more risk with Somalia chance to non-respond.

are the hairs with thinning roots already gone? The Aussie doctors said the ‘follicle is already too far gone to save if the diameter is under 50% of normal. I can say this for just about every hair on my head.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would consider a stronger regimen if I had not gotten much worse on Finasteride (topical and oral). If anything Ingot incremental worse (granted time and speed of the loss was also at work.)

don’t people see some gains or reduction in shed on Finasteride before trying Dutasteride? Hate the idea of more risk with Somalia chance to non-respond.

are the hairs with thinning roots already gone? The Aussie doctors said the ‘follicle is already too far gone to save if the diameter is under 50% of normal. I can say this for just about every hair on my head.

I just slowly lost hair on finasteride, i jumped on dutasteride after giving finasteride about a year, best decision i made, sides weren';t any different, i know im nuking dht as much as possible, helps me cope with baldness mentally, the RU is weak alone but should help with scalp dht and t levels. I think 5mg is the optimal dose for oral minoxidil although im currently taking 10mg.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Miniaturization sucks

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just slowly lost hair on finasteride, i jumped on dutasteride after giving finasteride about a year, best decision i made, sides weren';t any different, i know im nuking dht as much as possible, helps me cope with baldness mentally, the RU is weak alone but should help with scalp dht and t levels. I think 5mg is the optimal dose for oral minoxidil although im currently taking 10mg.
I lost tons of hair on finasteride at an accelerated rate as before i was barely shedding. Some on here who made the switch wasn't as lucky as you from more hairloss to sides.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn’t look any worse than it did in the pictures you posted back in May and only slightly worse from the ones you posted in August, 2017. There’s definitely some thinning, but it’s not nearly as bad as you think it is.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f***. Why isn’t the medical industry able to manage care. Why the f*** are we in here guessing about what’s working and what’s not and f*****g destroying ourselves in the process.

It’s 20 mother f*****g 20 and we can get care that tells you what’s working and what’s not f*****g working?

are there any ducking doctors out there that will manage AA’s, sides and results to help you manage this f*****g disease. I’ll put all the money I have on this as it’s a cancer. The lack of treatment is psychological torture and we deserve better, at any stage and at any age.

yes some are lucky the drugs work things hold or get better and they don’t have sides that destroy them. For the rest of us this is pain and should be respected as a real disease. I mean if you get PFS does that even warrant medical f*****g care.

if you have good doctors anywhere please PM me.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f***. Why isn’t the medical industry able to manage care. Why the f*** are we in here guessing about what’s working and what’s not and f*****g destroying ourselves in the process.

It’s 20 mother f*****g 20 and we can get care that tells you what’s working and what’s not f*****g working?

are there any ducking doctors out there that will manage AA’s, sides and results to help you manage this f*****g disease. I’ll put all the money I have on this as it’s a cancer. The lack of treatment is psychological torture and we deserve better, at any stage and at any age.

yes some are lucky the drugs work things hold or get better and they don’t have sides that destroy them. For the rest of us this is pain and should be respected as a real disease. I mean if you get PFS does that even warrant medical f*****g care.

if you have good doctors anywhere please PM me.
This is a 43 year old man with slightly thinning hair.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe if people in this nightmare directed the insults at the medical community instead talking sh*t on each something might get f*****g done.

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any side effects from oral minoxidil? I just got a prescription but nervous to take it. Did it improve your situation?

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are doing everything you can, i am concerned how much finasteride you are on. Seems rediculously high are you sure its 1%?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rather than enjoying a holiday with my family. I have spent the day pulling shed hairs out of my beard and shirt, distracted by the itch that won’t go away. I’m using over 6ml topics Finasteride and oral minoxidil. All of the shed hair has tapered ends and is a reaction of normal diameter. I’m going to just end it when I get home. This isn’t something I can manage. I had perfect thick hair 3 years ago and today I can’t touch my head without pulling out 10 hairs. Had iron infusions. Low Serum DHT and sides that won’t go away.

I have no idea what else to do but Dutasteride which will definitely cause me to end it if there’s a shed or worsening sides.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate you are 43,what are you doing with that long hair?Just get a haircut,you still have lots of hair it wont be noticeable.Maybe you should quit topicals and just take oral min and dutasteride?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
This dude is as mentally ill as they come. Ignore him and he will probably f*** off.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate you are 43,what are you doing with that long hair?Just get a haircut,you still have lots of hair it wont be noticeable.Maybe you should quit topicals and just take oral min and dutasteride?
I am keeping the long hair to hide the thinning in the entire Norwood area. I expected maybe some on the crown and a receding hairline at some point but the full scale and fast thinning despite the treatments will be rough with short hair.

I had sides on Propecia and have moderate but manageable sides on the topcial Finasteride. don’t think I will be able to handle Dutasteride. I’m getting desperate though and might try topcial Dutasteride.

Also planning on a family in the near future.

Please keep in mind this all is taking place in three years with heavy daily loss. If it would just slow down I’d chill out and manage it but everything I try makes matters worse. Still have doctors talking about Telogen Effluvium.

Are the hairline hairs miniaturized?

Attachments

• 80A84713-BEB6-4F81-8488-D4CFFD9E94A1.jpeg
    80A84713-BEB6-4F81-8488-D4CFFD9E94A1.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 4C680702-4425-4793-A670-7A1188D43B0B.jpeg
    4C680702-4425-4793-A670-7A1188D43B0B.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 227