Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

HairSensei

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could do a blood panel testing total and free testosterone, along with DHT level. Also, rogain and toppik can buy you time until you decide what to do as a more permanent solution. By permenant solution I mean a hair transplant or hair system. I have a hair system myself and like it more than my real hair. I forget I'm even wearing it sometimes. I lost my hair RAPIDLY starting at 20 years old.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't you want to have kids? Dutasteride could cause infertility.
Yes. I don’t know if Dutasteride is the answer when I haven’t seen any benefit from Finasteride.

I’m going to at least give the Propecia, topcial Finasteride combo a chance. Been almost two months on Propeica and shedding more than ever and pattern is diffuse but obvious now.

I cryo banked some samples before I started Topcial Finasteride but also not ready to make myself infertile.

thanks for weighing in. trying to cope.

Attachments

• 4ED2279B-A052-45AE-9C6A-64A28695229F.jpeg
    4ED2279B-A052-45AE-9C6A-64A28695229F.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 365
  • 456B4596-982C-4E75-A81D-87DA52CA23E9.jpeg
    456B4596-982C-4E75-A81D-87DA52CA23E9.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I don’t know if Dutasteride is the answer when I haven’t seen any benefit from Finasteride.

I’m going to at least give the Propecia, topcial Finasteride combo a chance. Been almost two months on Propeica and shedding more than ever and pattern is diffuse but obvious now.

I cryo banked some samples before I started Topcial Finasteride but also not ready to make myself infertile.

thanks for weighing in. trying to cope.
It looks like you are more diffused in crown than before?

I know what you are going through as I’m in same predicament. There are quite of few ppl who weren’t good responders to finasteride and going on duta f’d them over. I wasn’t a good responder to oral finasteride and was on it over 1.5 years and wanted to try duta as I’m shedding like crazy..but was talked out of it as again ppl got worst on duta from no results to sides. Hope the best for you.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty thinking in the entire pattern area. I know talk about shed but, I can pretty much fill a sink with hair if I likely brush my hair, on top of what’s already in my clothes etc.

Temples are thinning fast now as well. For the most part the front has been holding up. This last year (topical, now oral Finasteride) has seen the front thin a ton but not receded. Templates to drop it, if the shed doesn’t slow or stop in the next 3 months, I was told I should see some change after 4 months.

Dermatologist wants me to try a round of Prednisone? ‘She’ is still trying to convince me it’s not male pattern baldness. I stick with her alone with others as she was involved from the start and regarded as best hair focused Dermatologist in Chicago.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty thinking in the entire pattern area. I know talk about shed but, I can pretty much fill a sink with hair if I likely brush my hair, on top of what’s already in my clothes etc.

Temples are thinning fast now as well. For the most part the front has been holding up. This last year (topical, now oral Finasteride) has seen the front thin a ton but not receded. Templates to drop it, if the shed doesn’t slow or stop in the next 3 months, I was told I should see some change after 4 months.

Dermatologist wants me to try a round of Prednisone? ‘She’ is still trying to convince me it’s not male pattern baldness. I stick with her alone with others as she was involved from the start and regarded as best hair focused Dermatologist in Chicago.
how much money do you estimate you've spent on derm visits over the past 2 years?

you talk about going so much its kinda crazy to me cause even if wanted to i dont think i could get derm appointments that quickly in my area

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got off of it months ago after my depression was I “remission” for 9-12 months. No sides on lexapro and finasteride.

About 4 week after starting lexapro (the time period they say it takes for it to kick in) I slowly started becoming myself again. I started leaving the house a bit, after about a month of straight up agoraphobia. I remember before I started the lexapro I legit thought about my hair at least every minute. It was impossible to think about ANYTHING else. My father actually became depressed in 2009, and ultimately killed himself. I remember feeling exactly how he acted before he died. Repeating the same negative sh*t all day to my loved ones, pacing around the house, I was an absolute f*****g mess man. If I still felt that way today I probably would’ve killed myself by now.

But somehow the lexapro slowly brought me back to feeling normal. I’m still not sure how much of it was lexapro and how much was circumstantial, but the only evidence I have that it was the lexapro is it was legit 4 weeks after starting it that I started to normalize again.

This process took months. After I started feeling a bit better I took on some extremely reckless behavior, which I think was a result of me not caring much about life anymore but finally feeling “up” enough to do something.

But now, over a year after I started lexapro, I’m in the best place I’ve been. Back in school, having a “friends with benefits” girl that I thought was beyond my league, and generally having a hopeful outlook on life.

Sorry if this was all over the place, I wrote it quick and it was just a stream of consciousness as I was typing. I recommend trying an antidepressant to ANYONE that was in my position.

so as I’ve been overreacting to this hair stuff I did go talk to some doctors. They offered Wellbutrin. I have tried it for a few months. Didn’t notice any change, then read hairloss is a side effect. Was like WTF.

sides:

Synthroid - Hairloss #2
Wellbutrin - Hairloss #4
Trentioni - Hairloss? (Thought it was supposed to help hair)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
how much money do you estimate you've spent on derm visits over the past 2 years?

you talk about going so much its kinda crazy to me cause even if wanted to i dont think i could get derm appointments that quickly in my area

I’ve travelled for appointments along with what we have here. Man I’m guess between Rx, visits, and sh*t like RU, LLT I’ve spent 18k since this all started out of the blue in September 2016...

More info on this forum than most doctors, the transplant guys are best but there no profit for them in medical treatments... medical doctors just push PRP because of the profit. Sad dirty business.

I just bought a camera from Amazon, might be junk. I used one in Tokyo a few months back. Trying to get some objective method in place.

Attachments

• 751C8335-1440-4DB9-9CE7-45762D0541C3.jpeg
    751C8335-1440-4DB9-9CE7-45762D0541C3.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 194

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve travelled for appointments along with what we have here. Man I’m guess between Rx, visits, and sh*t like RU, LLT I’ve spent 18k since this all started out of the blue in September 2016...

More info on this forum than most doctors, the transplant guys are best but there no profit for them in medical treatments... medical doctors just push PRP because of the profit. Sad dirty business.

I just bought a camera from Amazon, might be junk. I used one in Tokyo a few months back. Trying to get some objective method in place.
That skin device is like 1.2k...Whats that gonna do for hair?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
so as I’ve been overreacting to this hair stuff I did go talk to some doctors. They offered Wellbutrin. I have tried it for a few months. Didn’t notice any change, then read hairloss is a side effect. Was like WTF.

sides:

Synthroid - Hairloss #2
Wellbutrin - Hairloss #4
Trentioni - Hairloss? (Thought it was supposed to help hair)
I was on wellbutrin and it didn’t do anything for me either. Lexapro helped me a lot though. The hair loss side effect is rare and is a side effect of a lot of drugs. I wouldn’t worry about it, it was one of lexapros side effects as well.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve travelled for appointments along with what we have here. Man I’m guess between Rx, visits, and sh*t like RU, LLT I’ve spent 18k since this all started out of the blue in September 2016..

Just out of curiosity, how much are you willing to spend on this? Or, to put it another way, is there any amount where you would draw a line?

Obviously, I don’t know your financial situation, but damn...

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t put a ballpark on it. I’m viewing it as a health issue and spending the same way I would as if I had any disease.

My meltdown here makes it clear it is having a measurable impact on my quality of life. I’ve looked young and healthy for my age, getting a later start on family etc. my guess is if I had kids I’d care far far less about this sh*t.

If thought a good FUE was going to be an option in the future, I’d hold for that but the whole head diffuse makes that an unlikely option.

unfortunately I either am not responding to what’s available or I started to late for it to matter.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think she is probably right.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think she is probably right.
Do you have any experience with Prednisone? I just assumed she was feeding my male pattern baldness denial, at the same time this shed is crazy

this is last night and today.

(I use a basement bathroom because I’m tormented by this crazy shed)

Attachments

• 64ED009A-338E-416C-854E-AAA322C76A54.jpeg
    64ED009A-338E-416C-854E-AAA322C76A54.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with Prednisone? I just assumed she was feeding my male pattern baldness denial, at the same time this shed is crazy

No, but it does work even for male pattern baldness.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

this is last night and today.

(I use a basement bathroom because I’m tormented by this crazy shed)
You seem very affected by hair loss, as most of us are. I think you should begin to consider alternative, stronger options.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not going any further on the safety profile than Finasteride oral/topical maybe add some RU back.
Oral minoxidil seemed risky two years ago.

The Finasteride already tanked my serum DHT to 12 from 27.

As much as this is destroying my life, I’m not trying to become a women.

Going to keep on the dermatologist recommendations as well in the off chance this is more than just male pattern baldness.

Maybe can stabilize enough for a hair transplant app some point. Just never imagined so much hair could fall out everyday.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not going any further on the safety profile than Finasteride oral/topical maybe add some RU back.
Oral minoxidil seemed risky two years ago.

The Finasteride already tanked my serum DHT to 12 from 27.

As much as this is destroying my life, I’m not trying to become a women.

Going to keep on the dermatologist recommendations as well in the off chance this is more than just male pattern baldness.

Maybe can stabilize enough for a hair transplant app some point. Just never imagined so much hair could fall out everyday.
There are more powerfull drugs that wont turn you into a woman.

I understand your decision. It is your call after all. If you'll have any future considerations into what I am suggesting, feel free to talk to me. Good luck.