Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice | Page 12 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by bluecyclone, May 23, 2017.

1. bluecyclone

bluecyclone Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah the hairs are all dead and thin now. The ones that are dropping now are all weaker and around 4 inches (is that 3 years?)

My father was NW3 bald at 30 but it was recession.

I just can’t tell if the drugs are making worse or better. I don’t buy the ‘shed as a good sign’ bullshit.

I’m done at this pace in a year after a year on meds.

2. OnThePill

OnThePill New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The hairs I lost when I got on finasteride were telogen hairs. The hairs that have the little white end at the "root." They didn't have black ends and they weren't broken hairs. Those hairs were in the way of the news hairs. Finasteride kicked those hairs out of my head sooner than they would have been if I wasn't on medication because my growth cycle has slowed down in certain areas.

There is only one phase where the hair is growing. The other part of the cycle is dormant. Hairs can stick around for months in your head not growing until the new hair starts to grow again. So all those hairs will fall out at some point, if they all fall out at the same time you will look bald or thinner. Medications and other things can cause them to fall out around the same time.

Minoxidil seems to be a bad thing to use when you have a lot of hair on your head still. I have seen many guys accelerate their hair loss by using minoxidil before finasteride/dutasteride. It also seems permanent. You will shed like crazy on minoxidil if you haven't recovered your miniaturizing follicles first. Then you will have to use minoxidil forever just to keep those week minoxidil hairs. I don't think anyone should start out with minoxidil that isn't a woman.

I would say minoxidil sheds are bad sheds of what could have been good hair on finasteride/dutasteride.

3. JonnyGo

JonnyGo Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are mentally challenged. Get help

4. CrownBalding

CrownBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree with @Calikid. I got on lexapro and Jt really saved my life. I wasn’t even as bad as you mentally. Also given the fact that you’re in your 40s and this frantic, you should really do something to help your mental health.

Calikid, Who Farted and JonnyGo like this.
  5. ScaredOfBalding

ScaredOfBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A 40 year old man spending hours on a hair loss forum while not even having hair loss.
    What a time to be alive.

Calikid likes this.
  6. Who Farted

Who Farted Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You’re also at least 10 years older than most people on this thread. By the time they get to your age they will either be far worse or have been on heavy medication for over a decade and will find it no longer works.

This statement, first off, makes no sense. Second, it shows you lack the most basic knowledge regarding hair growth; 4 inch hairs are, on average 8 months old, not 3 years.

Assuming you are thinning, there is no mystery here. You are diffuse thinning due to aging and because of DHT sensitivity that is too high for what you’re taking to counter it.

If finasteride was maintaining before and no longer is, your body has developed a tolerance to it. Alternatively, if you’ve been losing ground while on it, then you are either a non-responder or the dose was too low.

Which brings us to this...

Assuming you are a responder, this is a good thing, as it means the dosage is finally high enough for the finasteride to actually work. A heavy shed is normal when the dose you are taking is high enough to work. You didn’t experience it prior because the dose was too low for it to work.

If you are shedding, you are probably responding, but you wont know for 6-12 months. Quitting mid shed, before regrowth and without another DHT blocker, will amount to accelerating your hair loss for nothing.

There is no time table for hair loss. It occurs at the rate your DNA dictates. That being said, this is well within standard parameters for diffusers.

#226 Who Farted, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  7. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So what is it:

a. Topical Finasteride that I was using for a year, wasn’t working and by adding Propecia something is finally working and increasing an already heavy shed?

or

b. The Topical Finasteride and Propecia combination is too weak and I’m fucked?

or

c. Doesn’t matter I’m a non-responder should kill my self.

front has never thinned like this until I added oral. Always shedding but mostly diffuse mid center + crown, sides are shedding and miniaturized as well back is mostly fine, thinner but fine.

8. stachu

stachu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Topical finasteride/dutasteride will do sh*t.

Jump on oral finasteride + minoxidil twice daily plus dermaroller once and be systematical with and you will be good.

If not switch to dutasteride and add ru to minoxidil. Pricey but it works like a charm for me. I have agressive hairloss, receding all over top and thinning to nw6 naturaly at 23 years old. Currently i hold thick NW2 with 0 falling hair in the shower.

0 sides. I still f*** like a beast and making my girlfriend squirt most of the time besides i can orgasm easly about 3 times straight with no performance lost. But my mindset is also very strong, mental health is first step to take care before taking any meds and regimen. Greets.

ScaredOfBalding likes this.
  9. ScaredOfBalding

ScaredOfBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This made me laugh harder than it should have.
    I like ur mindset tho and ur posts are an inspirational to me. Cheers man.

stachu likes this.
  10. Baldingdane

Baldingdane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    DELUDED BDD RETARD.... Just the name of this thread "Going bald in less than a year" while you litlerely retained your juvenile hairline till your 40 and now you MIGHT (not even sure it's happening) experience a little thinning.. You are litterely an idiot....

JonnyGo and ScaredOfBalding like this.
  11. Calikid

Calikid Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Jesus Christ you’ve been asking the same question for over a year. You have the worst bdd out of anyone on this forum times 10. I feel for you.

12. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Why would things get worse when I switched to Propecia? I acknowledge the topical must have not been doing anything. I’m afraid Dutasteride will get make it worse.

13. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Someone told me ru doesn't dissolve in liquid minoxidil, are you mixing your ru in with minoxidil? I need something to ease the itch i have on my crown for a few months. Hoping ru will work.

14. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don’t use RU.

Topical Finasteride 18 months
    Propecia daily 1 month
    Oral Minoxidil 26 months

Crazy and constant shed pretty much the entire time, accelerated with start of Propecia. No white bulbs. Thinner weaker hairs falling out.

also the itch which I rarely had in the last year has become constant with the start of Propecia. Is this common? Is this a part of the process?

cant find a doctor that uses the Trichoscan

#234 bluecyclone, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  15. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you are worrying this much about it then just ditch the finasteride and jump on dutasteride, that way you will know you are blocking as much dht as possible and it may calm you down a bit mentally, i know i feel better mentally about taking dutasteride.

16. CrownBalding

CrownBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Over 40 and considering suicide due to hair loss. Check out his pics too guys, a good looking, fit, full headed, young looking 40 year old. Yet he still considers suicide because he lost a bit of hair.

You’re absolutely pathetic and I hope you lose all of your hair in the next year. You never learned how to become a man in your 40+ years of life, that’s a real shame.

Hussam likes this.
  17. bluecyclone

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is Dutasteride a flat dose? Like once or twice a week? Dr. told I should only do Propecia 3 times a week for same impact (I’m just doing it daily).

If I’m not responding at all to Finasteride, like no decrease in shed, just more loss. Would I most likely also not respond to Dutasteride?

18. JonnyGo

JonnyGo Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you still taking lexapro? Did you get any sides from it?

19. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Cope

20. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    People want to hate on you because you have better hair than them. What they can't understand is that it's all a matter of perspective. They would kill to have your hair because theirs is worse, but you are used to having perfect hair and now suddenly it's not. I remember what it felt like going from perfect hair to what most everyone here would call BDD, and it felt just as bad as being NW4-5 feels. Now that my loss is a lot worse I would feel like I had great hair if I could get back to the point I was at when I first started panicking about it. Just like if I progressed to NW7 I'm sure at that point I'd be satisfied just to get back to where I am now. I sympathize with you. Don't listen to these fools, just keep fighting it and trying to find something that works. Dutasteride can't hurt, it can only help.