Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not going any further on the safety profile than Finasteride oral/topical maybe add some RU back.
Oral minoxidil seemed risky two years ago.

The Finasteride already tanked my serum DHT to 12 from 27.

As much as this is destroying my life, I’m not trying to become a women.

Going to keep on the dermatologist recommendations as well in the off chance this is more than just male pattern baldness.

Maybe can stabilize enough for a hair transplant app some point. Just never imagined so much hair could fall out everyday.

Why not dutasteride? RU is an experimental drug and switching to dutasteride from finasteride seems the most obvious choice if safety is what you are concerned about, finasteride wasn't strong enough to halt my baldness, it may not be enough for you either.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m trying not to make the mistake (again) of switching treatments too fast.

my thinking is that if I’ve had zero response to Finasteride even a slight slow down in shedding that it is unlikely I’ll see a better result jumping on Dutasteride only a month or so trying Propecia. I was optimistic that the year of topical Finasteride was maintaining but that fell off of a cliff the last two months.

I am considering STEM cell or something like that

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m trying not to make the mistake (again) of switching treatments too fast.

my thinking is that if I’ve had zero response to Finasteride even a slight slow down in shedding that it is unlikely I’ll see a better result jumping on Dutasteride only a month or so trying Propecia. I was optimistic that the year of topical Finasteride was maintaining but that fell off of a cliff the last two months.

I am considering STEM cell or something like that
Nope only estradiol will save u from slaphead within 3 years.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to take the piss out of the guy simply because he is worried about his hair at 40, it may not be as bad as he thinks it is but it's obviously upsetting him.
Lol like he ain't taking the piss out of you, u really think he is balding? Take a good look again and u'll take the piss out of him aswell.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol like he ain't taking the piss out of you, u really think he is balding? Take a good look again and u'll take the piss out of him aswell.
If you look at me too you wouldnt say I am balding. Early diffuse thinning is hard to spot.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He has no balding. He is trolling Norwood -1 with great hair.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are falling for his games. Attached is a picture he posted a week ago showing it in APRIL of this year. (During April of this year he was posting tons of photos with his hair separated and parted soaking wet saying it was over/freaking out about how bad his hair looked... of course he never posted this picture at the time.) Now he is comparing his hair today to April as if it got a lot worse and it was “okay” in April ... lol I mean look that that head of hair.... that picture is two years into treatment too.. I feel bad for you man but this site needs to ban you to give you your life back and limit your ability to freak out over something this ridiculous.
That was June. I’m losing well over 500 hairs a day and I’ve thinner everywhere. Yes that looked good. This is today.

Attachments

• 5839863C-1069-4FC1-9ECF-3173A1EFF560.jpeg
    5839863C-1069-4FC1-9ECF-3173A1EFF560.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 9959F693-A36C-421B-B46B-EF3195D2C630.jpeg
    9959F693-A36C-421B-B46B-EF3195D2C630.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 193

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are falling for his games. Attached is a picture he posted a week ago showing it in APRIL of this year. (During April of this year he was posting tons of photos with his hair separated and parted soaking wet saying it was over/freaking out about how bad his hair looked... of course he never posted this picture at the time.) Now he is comparing his hair today to April as if it got a lot worse and it was “okay” in April ... lol I mean look that that head of hair.... that picture is two years into treatment too.. I feel bad for you man but this site needs to ban you to give you your life back and limit your ability to freak out over something this ridiculous.
You are the wrong person to criticize you aren’t thinning at all and have already had progress from treatments. I have gotten much worse with each treatment.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funniest thing I've ever seen. Two full heads on a balding forum arguing over who is more bald.

OP has great hair still, but it's clear he is starting to bald.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve never said a critical thing on here. This should be a place no matter how soon or how bad we try to f*****g help. Yeah I’m tripping. I was living hair god life 2 years ago and now I’m watching myself decline daily.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us vent our hair loss struggle on here. Those with greater hair loss seeing the venting might jump to conclusions there isn’t hair loss. Bluecyclone started off with super great hair density but that last pic he is really diffusing. I’m a diffuser and it feckin blows!

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us vent our hair loss struggle on here. Those with greater hair loss seeing the venting might jump to conclusions there isn’t hair loss. Bluecyclone started off with super great hair density but that last pic he is really diffusing. I’m a diffuser and it feckin blows!
U are dumb as fck his hair is wet and there are literally no signs of miniaturization or thinning for that matter, he is not balding the sooner u realize it the better because his hair will not get any better than this.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that it is all proportional but a year ago there was barely and visible scalp and shedding but crazy density all going fast. Much worse since starting Propecia.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that it is all proportional but a year ago there was barely and visible scalp and shedding but crazy density all going fast. Much worse since starting Propecia.
Nope no hair loss. Wasting ur time here for nothing.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U are dumb as fck his hair is wet and there are literally no signs of miniaturization or thinning for that matter, he is not balding the sooner u realize it the better because his hair will not get any better than this.
Obviously you’re an upset baldy.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it really happen this fast? Can a thinner than normal but still long hair fall out and miniaturize in the next cycle?

I’m losing my f*****g mind with this happening so fast. My head is diffuse out in a NW7 a month into Propecia. I’ll post pick from that device, for skin but takes magnified photos of hair as well in the pore setting.

I just need to see the amount of miniaturized hairs because the length was hiding thinning. My forelock will be gone by end of the year. Going for PRP next week clueless.

this was completely filled in a dense a week ago.

Attachments

• 1B9B8D82-D550-41DE-891A-FF3C2CF4A282.jpeg
    1B9B8D82-D550-41DE-891A-FF3C2CF4A282.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
30-40% of my hair just vanished before I turned 17. Yes, it does happen that fast. However, it can stay the same for some while too.

I wouldnt recommend PRP. AAs + growth stimulants are the the only way.