GLUTATHIONE

Jacob

Reaction score
You could say that about many supplements. But on glutathione- I've heard/read that about IV glut and NAC...maybe you could post a link to what you're referring to? Because of the price, I doubt many will take it "long term" anyway..depending upon what you mean by "long term" I guess.

NOT THE END OF THREAD

Experienced Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
I'm going to take long term

you know you could probably drop 80% of your supplements without losing a single hair and buy a house with all that extra money.

raising glutathione is not as easy as taking some pills.... if you really want to raise it, then you should just go outside and get some sunshine......

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
israelite said:

you know you could probably drop 80% of your supplements without losing a single hair and buy a house with all that extra money.

raising glutathione is not as easy as taking some pills.... if you really want to raise it, then you should just go outside and get some sunshine......

Experienced Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
2020 said:
israelite said:

Jacob

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the "PROXY" link?

Maybe you could copy/paste what in that wiki page you're referring to.

As for articles on glutathione that don't have "warnings"...ah...you never posted anything in response to my post above. You know..the one that ends in "NOT THE END OF THREAD" :) The only "warnings" I've read are about taking too much(the ones I've read that say there's no real evidence for even that)...the IV glut..and NAC. And again..there are plenty of supplements one shouldn't or probably shouldn't take "long-term"(which varies). Even if there is no evidence for it being a bad idea to take glutathione "long-term"..it's probably a good idea to rotate(either at the same time or switching to another after months of one) something like acetyl glutathione with a whey product or another glut-booster.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

just to annoy you :innocent:

Jacob said:

As for articles on glutathione that don't have "warnings"...ah...you never posted anything in response to my post above. You know..the one that ends in "NOT THE END OF THREAD" :) The only "warnings" I've read are about taking too much(the ones I've read that say there's no real evidence for even that)...the IV glut..and NAC. And again..there are plenty of supplements one shouldn't or probably shouldn't take "long-term"(which varies). Even if there is no evidence for it being a bad idea to take glutathione "long-term"..it's probably a good idea to rotate(either at the same time or switching to another after months of one) something like acetyl glutathione with a whey product or another glut-booster.

just know that your body will get used to your glutathione pills, and because of that it will produce less glutathione by itself. That's a fact.

You're better off just getting some sunshine and vitamin D and let your body produce glutathione naturally.....

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
2020 said:
Jacob said:

just to annoy you :innocent:

Jacob said:

just know that your body will get used to your glutathione pills, and because of that it will produce less glutathione by itself. That's a fact.e

You're better off just getting some sunshine and vitamin D and let your body produce glutathione naturally.....
LoL We live in an industrial era where everything is polluted and lacking... Glutathione is the strongest Antioxidant we produce...Adding glutathione reduced to you regimen on long term is a smart choice. as you go older you body produce less of it anyways taking it long term has no adverse problems. you body is smart it takes what it needs and yes 2020 you are f*****g annoying. real example of a troll.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Glutathione makes my skin glow, help with recovery at the gym and hang overs! thanks Jacob! taking glutathione reduced twice a day 500mg ea.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Glutathione makes my skin glow, help with recovery at the gym and hang overs! thanks Jacob! taking glutathione reduced twice a day 500mg ea.

bro i agree! my skin has never looked better! msm and silica are also good for the skin

Jacob

Reaction score
As long as this has been bumped up...I once again am noticing a difference in my skin with the acetyl-glutathione that I hadn't noticed with any other glutathione product I've used. I'm sure it can be different for everybody though.

After the first 2 weeks I started taking it every other day due to the cost. Using up some other glut boosters the other days.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump!

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
msm is a bioavailable form of sulfur. Sulfur is very important in the glutathione cycle (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/glutathione-the-mother-of_b_530494.html) ( http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_12_71/ai_n45535379/ ) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur_assimilation#Glutathione) Despite all the claims made by the people promoting msm in books such as the Miracle of MSM there has been very little direct studies on the supplement in humans, but it did sustain gsh levels overall and in their active form in one study done on people who took up running (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21899544) It also increased liver glutathione in lab rats 80%: http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/445.8

Consuming sulfur rich foods/sulfur supplements is touted by many as one of the best ways to elevate glutathione levels: http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/12/what-is-glutathione-and-how-do-i-get-more-of-it/ http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-you-should-eat-sulfur-rich-vegetables/#axzz20LSdOHAB

I've always felt its pretty telling that Glucosamine Hydrochloride (contains no sulfur) has very little effectiveness while Glucosamine Sulfate (glucosamine bound to sulfur) has been shown to be effective in almost any study its used in. There was even a study at McGill study which seemed to indicate that the sulfate molecule was the effective ingredient rather than the glucosamine! So, its a really good idea to consume more sulfur people.

Last edited:

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right. I don't give a --- about all that other gibberish talk.

- Does it slow or stop your shedding?
- Does it provide regrowth?

We need to stop all the extra and provide those 2 answers.