GLUTATHIONE

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that the sustain version is probably the best due to NAC's extensive first pass metabolism...but just standard NAC also works well if dosed properly

Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2007 Aug;7(4):355-9. Epub 2007 Jun 29.
N-Acetylcysteine--a safe antidote for cysteine/glutathione deficiency.
Atkuri KR, Mantovani JJ, Herzenberg LA, Herzenberg LA.
Source
Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, Stanford University, B007 Beckman Center, 279 Campus Drive, Stanford University, CA 94305-5318, United States. atkuri@stanford.edu
Abstract
Glutathione (GSH) deficiency is associated with numerous pathological conditions. Administration of N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a cysteine prodrug, replenishes intracellular GSH levels. NAC, best known for its ability to counter acetaminophen toxicity, is a safe, well-tolerated antidote for cysteine/GSH deficiency. NAC has been used successfully to treat GSH deficiency in a wide range of infections, genetic defects and metabolic disorders, including HIV infection and COPD. Over two-thirds of 46 placebo-controlled clinical trials with orally administered NAC have indicated beneficial effects of NAC measured either as trial endpoints or as general measures of improvement in quality of life and well-being of the patients.

It seems to work best in people with a glutathione deficiency caused by some adverse condition though. In healthy people it stops working after a while and has the opposite effect. Thats why some people (myself included) dose it irregularly like take a bunch one day a week or one week/one week off. At least thats my understanding.

Jacob

Reaction score
As good a place as any to post this: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...yl-d-glucosamine-chitin-glucan-750-mg-60-caps
The conclusion from this study was that ARTINIA (chitin-glucan) was safe, well-tolerated, significantly increased antioxidant activity (superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx)), and consequently decreased the levels of reactive oxygen species compared to the control group on the same diet.

http://ckingredients.com/pdf/Products-Artinia.pdf

http://www.stratumnutrition.com/Science-Support/Published-Science

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm actually taking Swanson's Skin Pill these days..for the cold dry weather ahead. It now contains some of that Setria glutathione. This is my third year on it over the winter..each time it was BOGO(that's buy one get one free).

Born4Hair

Reaction score
Hi guys. I staring to use Wheatsprouts, NRF 2 Activator and S-Acetyl Glutathoine. Specially the NRF2 Pathway over Gen activation is very promising :)
Sillmaryn for regenerate the Liver.
Future Nem will be Niacinamid in high Dosage with Sauna. This is the best way for Detox the body. But be carefully because Niacin cad damage the liver when it debinding to much toxines out from fat cells.
The other benefit from Niacin is that it can recover oxidated Glutathoine to reduced Glutathoine.

Also i startet with Bentonit and Chlorela.

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that the sustain version is probably the best due to NAC's extensive first pass metabolism...but just standard NAC also works well if dosed properly

Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2007 Aug;7(4):355-9. Epub 2007 Jun 29.
N-Acetylcysteine--a safe antidote for cysteine/glutathione deficiency.
Atkuri KR, Mantovani JJ, Herzenberg LA, Herzenberg LA.
Source
Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, Stanford University, B007 Beckman Center, 279 Campus Drive, Stanford University, CA 94305-5318, United States. atkuri@stanford.edu
Abstract
Glutathione (GSH) deficiency is associated with numerous pathological conditions. Administration of N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a cysteine prodrug, replenishes intracellular GSH levels. NAC, best known for its ability to counter acetaminophen toxicity, is a safe, well-tolerated antidote for cysteine/GSH deficiency. NAC has been used successfully to treat GSH deficiency in a wide range of infections, genetic defects and metabolic disorders, including HIV infection and COPD. Over two-thirds of 46 placebo-controlled clinical trials with orally administered NAC have indicated beneficial effects of NAC measured either as trial endpoints or as general measures of improvement in quality of life and well-being of the patients.

It seems to work best in people with a glutathione deficiency caused by some adverse condition though. In healthy people it stops working after a while and has the opposite effect. Thats why some people (myself included) dose it irregularly like take a bunch one day a week or one week/one week off. At least thats my understanding.

Is this last part true? I have been taking Jarrow's NAC sustain for a while now on a daily basis. Am I actually decreasing my glutathione levels by taking it like this?

Jacob

Reaction score
Just go with Setria or better yet- acetyl-glutathione. Or even liposomal glutathione if you enjoy the taste.

Born4Hair

Reaction score
Glutathione Reduced will not work. Its split already in the liver. The rest Glutathoine in Bloodstream is to a big Molekuel to pass inside the Cell.
Wheat Sprouts increase Glutathoine production. Also NRF2 Activator products increase Glutathoine level very well.
After if you have reached a normall Glutathoine level you can start to push the WTN Pathyway for activate the Hairfolicel to grow again.
The best for it is sublingual vitamin b12 b6 and folate acid. May als L-Theronate for decrease the hyperactivity from DKK-1 where blocks the WTN Pathway

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jacob, I know that you been using PQQ in a topical.. What did you use as a solvent & vehicle?

Jacob

Reaction score
Elsom tech :punk:

I had Elsom Research make a custom topical with it..need to order some more sooooooon.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Elsom tech :punk:

I had Elsom Research make a custom topical with it..need to order some more sooooooon.

Awesome!! Thanks a lot!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jacob, how long did it takes to get this done? Did you have to buy the PQQ itself then ship it to him??

Jacob

Reaction score
He already has it- just tell him you'd like some.

I hope the guy is ok...this is crazy long for waiting to get responses from him........

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
He already has it- just tell him you'd like some.

I hope the guy is ok...this is crazy long for waiting to get responses from him........

LOL I know!! :doh:

Jacob

Reaction score
I forgot to mention I did get a reply finally from Dr. Y a couple of days ago.

Sparx..I do a little bit with a skin topical I use- hairline area. But I take it in supplement form as well.