GLUTATHIONE

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I did get a reply finally from Dr. Y a couple of days ago.

Sparx..I do a little bit with a skin topical I use- hairline area. But I take it in supplement form as well.

I did get another reply from Dr. Y... after asking him in a another e-mail if he still alive LOL...

Jacob what was the concentration of your PQQ from Elsom? Was it greasy to apply??

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't even know..not sure if he even told me. I'll ask since I need to order things from him tonight. It's not really greasy. A little goes a long ways- it's easy to spread things around, and you can even wet your fingers(and even apply it to a wet/damp scalp) to help do that if needed.

Unless he changed things..it also contains COQ10 and a few other things. Guess I'll ask about that too while I'm at it.

Jacob

Reaction score
Ingreds list and some other responses regarding the %

[FONT=&amp]The ingredients in the PQQ cream are:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]water, C12-C14 alkyl benzoate, Nanosomes™, [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]methylsulphonylmethane (MSM), cetanol, glyceryl stearate, [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]sorbitan stearate, cetostearol, glycol stearate, docosanol, [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]ethyl 4-hydroxybezoate, propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate, CoQ-10, [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone), panthenol, xanthan gum.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The content of the PQQ is in the range of 0.1%-0.5% (I can only indicate range and not precise concentration). It is one of the most expensive ingredients for its range of activity and we try to negotiate with the company that sells it now to reduce the cost for skincare because the current oral dose is too low for topical application. However, the company is now willing to sell us raw material for skincare applications which was not available to us before. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Oral dose for PQQ is 10-20 milligram (CoQ-10 can be 100-300 milligram and higher). Preservatives in skincare can be less than 0.4% and are very effective. Every ingredient has its range of activity and some are very high and some are very low. There is so far no study that can assess topical activity of PQQ and we are the first trying to establish parameters for this ingredient. When our studies move forward and define parameters for PQQ activity we will be able to optimize the concentration of PQQ and its encapsulation vehicles and co-actives (such as CoQ-10 which we use now) for each parameter. So far, the concentration we use now has very pronounced and visible improvements of skin and is very high as compared to oral application.[/FONT]

The topical is not cheap btw..it's $125.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Ingreds list and some other responses regarding the %

The topical is not cheap btw..it's $125.

That is some good info you got there Jacob! PQQ is good for mitochondria biogenesis.. and yeah it is expensive! and he finally did answered to my e-mail:

[FONT=&quot]We comply with FDA regulations for skincare. GMP is for established product lines and is not applicable for formulating and testing new products on a regular basis (we change methods and technologies and equipment-utilization on a regular basis).[/FONT]

Jacob

Reaction score
That is some good info you got there Jacob! PQQ is good for mitochondria biogenesis.. and yeah it is expensive! and he finally did answered to my e-mail:

[FONT=&amp]We comply with FDA regulations for skincare. GMP is for established product lines and is not applicable for formulating and testing new products on a regular basis (we change methods and technologies and equipment-utilization on a regular basis).[/FONT]

I forgot to post his response to me on that: "[FONT=&quot]We make skincare, not medicines, and comply with FDA regulations for skincare."[/FONT]

Anyway..I've ordered it again along with those 2 new products Mark/Israelite has been posting about.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
ok guys...how is this stuff helping your hairloss???

Is this another theory-chase experiment??

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob is on a million products, so, I don't think he can easily ascertain what may cause growth. :p Btw Jacob, I picked up the Hair Sonic going to start using it soon. :)

Jacob

Reaction score
That is true(thousand though..not million)..which is why I hate when ppl ask me what works/has worked for me etc.

Did you get the Groupon price? I had gotten mine on sale but not that cheap. Still use it regularly..think I need a new massager/brush/cover though. It must be hardening up a bit or something- doesn't want to stay on all the time..isn't as flexible. I think they could have found a better way to attach them....

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't discounted I don't think I'd ever have bought it unless there was some proof it'd be helpful. I don't feel like there's a rush of blood to my scalp when using it for massage. I was thinking it may be more effective than manual brushing which is claimed to help with regrowth at IH (don't think that's the case?). But I'm sure it will be useful to massage minoxidil in.

Jacob

Reaction score
I use mine mainly while washing my hair...and doubt I'll use it for just plain massaging. I do feel a bit of a rush of blood to my scalp each time though- I always use it on the higher speed. I suppose the shampoo I use could make the difference too...

Jacob

Reaction score
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...-glutathione-stores-influence-immune-function

http://setriaglutathione.com/2013-04-25.html

Clinical Tests Demonstrate the Long-Term Effectiveness of Oral Glutathione Supplements

HERSHEY, PA (April 25, 2013) - Glutathione is the body's master antioxidant involved in protecting cells and tissues from oxidants and a large variety of other toxins and insults. Debate over whether orally administered glutathione could be effective at enhancing glutathione levels in cells and tissues has simmered for years. Now, a Penn State College of Medicine study shows oral supplementation is effective in increasing the body's stores of this vital nutrient.
The study of 54 healthy adults revealed that glutathione (GSH) levels of those taking 1000mg of Setria® Glutathione a day for six months increased 30%-35% in many compartments including red blood cells, lymphocytes and plasma, and of those taking 250mg of Setria® Glutathione increased in whole blood. And as glutathione stores increased in the high-dose group, so did the function of natural killer (NK) cells, a marker for increased immune defense, said John P. Richie, Jr., Ph.D., professor of Public Health Sciences and Pharmacology at Penn State College of Medicine.
"A battery of immune function markers was examined after three months of glutathione supplementation and NK cytotoxicity was enhanced more than two-fold for participants taking 1000mg daily doses," Dr. Richie said. "We believe GSH supplementation may represent an effective intervention strategy for disease prevention and may enhance immune function."
There is a school of thought that contends that glutathione is broken down in the stomach and intestine and effective increases of GSH must come via intravenous administration. However, previous animal studies showed that orally administered glutathione is bioavailable and will enhance tissue GSH levels, Dr. Richie said.
"Our research showed that in most cases increases were dose and time dependent, and levels returned to baseline after a one-month washout," he said. "By taking daily GSH supplements, we believe efficacious levels will persist, and that oral intake is an effective means of chronically enhancing the body's stores."

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
:salut:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
:coffee:

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Ordered some a few weeks ago waiting for it in the mail...