Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like the guy reached over $2100 already. I will open a thread about the question we would like answered.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

Just got word from Beren Atac that Dr. Lauster will not be attending, but the inventor and project leader of the hair cloning technology in the group, Dr. Lindner will be there.

Desmond has a time window of 10-11am on Thursday for Q&A on current developments with him! Location isn't yet determined, but I'm working on it! I'll let him know once I get more details from Beren Atac!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

Just got word from Dr. Gerd Lindner (project leader of hair cloning and inventor of the bioreactor from Dr. Lauster's team) and he's got two available time slots to meet with Desmond. If anyone's got a way of reaching out to Desmond, please notify him as I'm finalizing meetup times and the location.

Thank you!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Update:

Just got word from Dr. Gerd Lindner (project leader of hair cloning and inventor of the bioreactor from Dr. Lauster's team) and he's got two available time slots to meet with Desmond. If anyone's got a way of reaching out to Desmond, please notify him as I'm finalizing meetup times and the location.

Thank you!

That's great news, he did post his email on the other forum, but I would guess you have tried that already.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
This is so fantastic, thank you for organizing this hellouser(anyone else that helped also) and thanks desmond for going.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:

Desmond's in South Korea! I've been able to correspond with Dr. Lindner from Dr. Lauster's team and they've got a scheduled meeting for tomorrow at 10am to talk about their progress. I've reached out to Dr. Cotsarelis and spoke with his executive assistant, but he didn't respond to us. HOWEVER, Desmond was able to talk to Dr. Cotsarelis anyway and they will have a short Q&A anyway.

Dr. Angela Christiano unfortunately is NOT attending but I did exchange emails with her and said she's on the chair for the Hair Congress next year. I'm planning on going. She asked me about the forums and if social media would help her, and gave her my opinion on it. If she follows up, I'm going to pitch the crowdfunding initiative.

Desmond is updating progress with photos and videos (to come) and interviews at the following thread on Bald Truth Talk:

http://dft.ba/-desmond-hair-congress-2014

Thank you to everyone who pitched in for funding!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Videos?! Now that's sensational. Hellouser, in light of this golden moment, For what it's worth and for the record books,:) I am compelled to informally inform you that you are now first and foremost, indubitably my favorite pet forum member here. Let's SHOUUUT out a big thank you to you by and large and fellow trip coordinators, contribuitors alike for your generous dedication and impassionate diligence toward the betterment of the hair loss community.

- - - Updated - - -

I glanced at the threads on BTT and couldn't help but notice the premature backlash already emerging.., INTERESTING and exciting times ahead!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
On this congress we will hear only talking, talking, talking and nothing more.

Were you expecting them to be handing out cures in pink bags? We know it will be talk, but we will know where we stand and not be in the darkness.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

If only you put as much energy in being pessimistic as you could be proactive about the state of hair loss. If you're keen on seeing a cure in 30 years, your lack of initiative will be contributing factor.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
If only you put as much energy in being pessimistic as you could be proactive about the state of hair loss. If you're keen on seeing a cure in 30 years, your lack of initiative will be contributing factor.

Hellouser, how many videos and interviews are we expected to receive? I would assume one from each team?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, how many videos and interviews are we expected to receive? I would assume one from each team?

I don't know, but that will depend on Desmond's schedule, camera, etc. Attending the presentations, getting interviews, coming back to the hotel, dissecting all audio and video files, uploading, then sharing... he's definitely got his hands full.

I'm most interested in what Dr. Cotsarelis and Dr. Gerd Lindner have to show. I can't wait.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Videos?! Now that's sensational. Hellouser, in light of this golden moment, For what it's worth and for the record books,:) I am compelled to informally inform you that you are now first and foremost, indubitably my favorite pet forum member here. Let's SHOUUUT out a big thank you to you by and large and fellow trip coordinators, contribuitors alike for your generous dedication and impassionate diligence toward the betterment of the hair loss community.

- - - Updated - - -

I glanced at the threads on BTT and couldn't help but notice the premature backlash already emerging.., INTERESTING and exciting times ahead!

+1
Good work, ...
I was in Berlin 2004 Intercontinetal Meeting Hair research, and I know that it is very complex due many conferences, acts etc to fit the agenda
Congratulations and awaiting the results

thinin

Reaction score
Hearing Cots say they only need 2million for a better product was soul crushing. Just goes to show how little of a **** that man gives.

20Million and a few years for a full cure and he's doing **** all about this? How long has he been sitting on this info? what a complete :jackit:

It's like the man hates money or like to talk out of his arse.

Personal moan aside. Thanks Hellouser for all your hard work with Desmond. I would thank him personally tho BTT is impossible to join.

Id pitch in money again next year for you and Des to report from the conference in Miami. He needs some support and you both could cover most the talks between you.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personal moan aside. Thanks Hellouser for all your hard work with Desmond. I would thank him personally tho BTT is impossible to join.

Id pitch in money again next year for you and Des to report from the conference in Miami. He needs some support and you both could cover most the talks between you.

Thanks for the kind words thinin. In regards to next year, I am definitely willing to go and collaborate with Desmond for all the talks. I can only imagine how much work it is for him to collect all the information and report back. Next year's Hair Congress is in November so its quite a while away, but that gives me plenty of time to create an entire crowdfunding platform and pitch it to the researchers... I'd like to get started on it after this congress and get the funds coming in as soon as possible.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
It is obvious that there is something wrong with follicas method. They are suppose to be backed up by Purtech venture, these guys are venture capitalists, $2-20 million is peanuts to them, specially in the biomedical field. If we do ever go with a crowdfunding project, it should be with another team or we will lose all our money for nothing.

Well at least Lauster's has been working ever since. I think a lesson was learned from a of this. None of us here is a freaking forum have a clue of how long any of these experiments or trials really do take. We are bashing them constantly and in reality some of them are working none stop, maybe we were wrong.

Either way, there is nothing coming out in the next 5 years that can come close to a cure, but at least we're not in the dark. Nothing left to do here for me I guess, I might to look I to a hair system for the time being. Cheers guys, thanks for everything.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is obvious that there is something wrong with follicas method. They are suppose to be backed up by Purtech venture, these guys are venture capitalists, $2-20 million is peanuts to them, specially in the biomedical field. If we do ever go with a crowdfunding project, it should be with another team or we will lose all our money for nothing.

Well at least Lauster's has been working ever since. I think a lesson was learned from a of this. None of us here is a freaking forum have a clue of how long any of these experiments or trials really do take. We are bashing them constantly and in reality some of them are working none stop, maybe we were wrong.

Either way, there is nothing coming out in the next 5 years that can come close to a cure, but at least we're not in the dark. Nothing left to do here for me I guess, I might to look I to a hair system for the time being. Cheers guys, thanks for everything.

A bridge between now and a cure is whats needed; Pilofocus + Histogen + Follica + CB should do well. Follica needs to release their method as fast as possible. If all they need is 2 million dollars, that PEANUTS.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
None of us here is a freaking forum have a clue of how long any of these experiments or trials really do take. We are bashing them constantly and in reality some of them are working none stop, maybe we were wrong.

Well said! :p

- - - Updated - - -

What would you prefer? Interpretive dance?