Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair Congress 2014 is next month and we're almost set to have the hair loss community's most respected member, Desmond, go to the congress to get the inside scoop and let us know how far or how close we are for a hair loss cure!

Arashi has been in talks with Desmond to collect funds, here's his message to everyone:

I've been in contact with Desmond and his paypal account is ready ! If you want to help to send probably the most knowledgable member of this forum to WCHR 2014, to report to us about the latest developments, to let us know where the leading scientists in the world stand right now, to be our eyes and ears there, hopefully even with microphone and video, then send your donations to (via Paypal).

EMAIL REMOVED.

Please chip in if you can. Although we need about $2000, even $10 or $20 will go a long way.

Also keep in mind that WCHR 2014 is going to take place next month already so we need to hurry !

Thanks everybody!

So, as the message says, let's help Desmond get to the Hair Congress! I've already pitched in $85 USD, a number of members have pitched in significant amounts as well! Every little bit counts, so remember, STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good job, will send money tomorrow... Come on people...time to act...

i have been trying to participate in the discussions on btt but for some reason i am not given access...

hell: what do you think about the idea of desmond approaching some of these folks and telling them he represents hair loss sufferers and that we might be willing to fund projects that are promising if given transparent access to science and methods... Nothing to lose i think... There is upside and no downsides, plus if he really does come across something ground breaking and we are fully convinced we can fund..with a larger fundraising ..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

i have been trying to participate in the discussions on btt but for some reason i am not given access...

hell: what do you think about the idea of desmond approaching some of these folks and telling them he represents hair loss sufferers and that we might be willing to fund projects that are promising if given transparent access to science and methods... Nothing to lose i think... There is upside and no downsides, plus if he really does come across something ground breaking and we are fully convinced we can fund..with a larger fundraising ..

What a lot of people don't realize is that all of the ideas we've discussed on the forums here can FINALLY make it to the guys at the VERY top in the hair loss field. Dr. Colin Jahoda will be there and Desmond is willing to ask some questions posed by the community. Of course, a crowdfunding initiative would be ONE that many of us would want to know if he'd be willing to go through. Dr. Cotsarelis will be there as well. But there's much more than the crowdfunding we can get some details on, for instance, timelines! What do we do in the meantime? Any other developments? Perhaps collaborative work with Dr. Lauster? How's China's DP cell breakthrough benefitting anyone else? Etc.

We can finally get those questions if we just have enough people pitching in a little to fully fund Desmond's trip.

rush4life

Reaction score
Hey guys I pitched in $25 - not a lot but hopefully it helps - keep us updated on the progress Hellouser - as well for everyone else 10 or 15 bucks from 100 people will go a long way - so even if you only have a little its a good return on your investment if hairloss matters to you; which, lets face it, if you are reading this than obviously it is.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

That's because BTT runs their forum like a concentration camp. They mods get paid and they want to be seen like they're actually earning their money. This includes things like, suspending accounts, limit a post only after it has been approved and much more. It's so retarded, that's why I don't bother posting there.

Anywho, I am giving $10 as well. If Desmond is the best we have right now. I read on then BTT forum that people can pitch a thousand dollars each. So only three of those members and it's set.

Hellouser, you should go with Desmond. You can carry his bags and cook for him while he's there :D.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because BTT runs their forum like a concentration camp. They mods get paid and they want to be seen like they're actually earning their money. This includes things like, suspending accounts, limit a post only after it has been approved and much more. It's so retarded, that's why I don't bother posting there.

Anywho, I am giving $10 as well. If Desmond is the best we have right now. I read on then BTT forum that people can pitch a thousand dollars each. So only three of those members and it's set.

Hellouser, you should go with Desmond. You can carry his bags and cook for him while he's there :D.

LOL, I'd love to go but I don't have the funds for THIS particular venture. I could definitely help with the recording equipment though. I'll be giving Desmond some quick overviews of anything he needs to use, camera, sound, etc. I'm a graphic designer by nature but I've dealt with so much media in my time that ive picked up pretty much all the fundamental skills in other areas.

If Desmond goes this will be a nice leap forward with information. The next hair congress in 2015 is in Miami. I have friends that live just a few hours away from there, I could definitely go there myself as lodging and the flight will be rather cheap for me.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, I'd love to go but I don't have the funds for THIS particular venture. I could definitely help with the recording equipment though. I'll be giving Desmond some quick overviews of anything he needs to use, camera, sound, etc. I'm a graphic designer by nature but I've dealt with so much media in my time that ive picked up pretty much all the fundamental skills in other areas.

If Desmond goes this will be a nice leap forward with information. The next hair congress in 2015 is in Miami. I have friends that live just a few hours away from there, I could definitely go there myself as lodging and the flight will be rather cheap for me.
Let's just hope there is no 2015 conference and that it is solved by 2014. But it's more likely to have pigs flying by that time. A simple ****ing hair follicle and scientists can't figure it out. Yet there is already been a full face transplant and complete fully functional vital organs made. This just makes me sick, we need a miracle it seems. I just hope follica surprises everyone and comes out with their method very soon, which is a possibility and would also be the cure.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's just hope there is no 2015 conference and that it is solved by 2014. But it's more likely to have pigs flying by that time. A simple ****ing hair follicle and scientists can't figure it out. Yet there is already been a full face transplant and complete fully functional vital organs made. This just makes me sick, we need a miracle it seems. I just hope follica surprises everyone and comes out with their method very soon, which is a possibility and would also be the cure.

It gets worse actually;

- 3D printed kidney
- 3D printed liver
- 3D printed vagina
- ear implant to regrow auditory nerves: source here

But a simple hair follicle?! OH NO!! Too difficult, the last 30 years haven't been enough to get it figured out! God damn.. thats pathetic.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Keep fighting the good fight. I will put some money in there when I can buy a pre paid card. Hellouser, I commend you on your efforts in getting some answers. No doubt that the closer we get to a cure, the more vocal resistance will arise from certain demographics... certain to trivialize and sensationalize a baldness cure. Just you watch. Anyway, I hope some fruit drops from this tree. Anything at this point would be a miracle.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Does Desmond know any Korean? Or is he going to get a translator. How long do we have, anyways.

Just imagine he ends up going to North Korea instead :D, haha.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It s an international congress folks, it s all english. Even if it was an asian congress it would still be in english (probably will still be in english if it was only the korean society, most research is written and presented in english)

desmond NEEDS to contact these researchers, i think they would be interested to talk to himo given that he is presenting our community...these days some funding happens because of patient support groups, so no longer can be ignored. Desmond need to leverage this...wish i could post on btt, have they closed it to newbies??.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Does Desmond know any Korean? Or is he going to get a translator. How long do we have, anyways.

Just imagine he ends up going to North Korea instead :D, haha.

Maybe he should.. I've never seen a bald north korean! :D Maybe they send them to workcamps.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It s an international congress folks, it s all english. Even if it was an asian congress it would still be in english (probably will still be in english if it was only the korean society, most research is written and presented in english)

desmond NEEDS to contact these researchers, i think they would be interested to talk to himo given that he is presenting our community...these days some funding happens because of patient support groups, so no longer can be ignored. Desmond need to leverage this...wish i could post on btt, have they closed it to newbies??.

There are already plans for Desmond to meet with Dr. Jahoda and Dr. Cotsarelis. We'll be contacting all relevant parties in the coming weeks to ensure we get some CLARITY out of these guys and what the future SHOULD hold for us with a hair loss treatment. Follica is in Phase II trials (or perhaps finished them already) and have already stated they are very close to a product release (whatever the hell close means). Any info on where theyre at will be good for us to know how to plan out things for the future... ie; if I know Follica is released (for sure) in 3 years, I'm going in for a transplant NOW and not worry about meds.

Having said that, please donate to Desmond whatever you can and share the news of the initiative on other forums if you can :)

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money guys.

You have to remember that not only has no one come up with anything close to a cure for baldness, they haven't even come up with anything close to being able to take vellus hairs of any type and make them terminal. That should tell you how far they are from a cure anytime in the next 50 years. Hell, they can't even come up with a way to keep hair from turning gray.

Billions of dollars have been thrown at breast cancer research alone, a disease that kills, yet we are still no closer to a cure than we were 40 years ago.

There are always medical conferences. This one isn't any different.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score

You have to remember that not only has no one come up with anything close to a cure for baldness, they haven't even come up with anything close to being able to take vellus hairs of any type and make them terminal. That should tell you how far they are from a cure anytime in the next 50 years. Hell, they can't even come up with a way to keep hair from turning gray.

Billions of dollars have been thrown at breast cancer research alone, a disease that kills, yet we are still no closer to a cure than we were 40 years ago.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk...10-persistent-cancer-myths-debunked/#progress

read #9

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is so incredibly FALSE, I really hope either nobody takes your comment seriously or it gets removed completely.

What we do know is that in order to create a hair follicle you need to reproduce TWO types of cells; epithelial and dermal papillae. We also know that Dr. Colin Jahoda has already successfully recreated epithelial cells and a team in china also successfully recreated dermal papillae cells. Dr. Jahoda also was able to create hair using existing DP cells with his technique and now that a team in China has already done the missing piece, the end of baldness is nigh, the game is UP! Now it's time we put these findings into practice, so we need to get the researchers on board for a quick trial and release of a commercially available treatment. If we sit idle, you can be sure the forums will see many more responses like the one you just posted.

Reaction score
This is so incredibly FALSE, I really hope either nobody takes your comment seriously or it gets removed completely.

What we do know is that in order to create a hair follicle you need to reproduce TWO types of cells; epithelial and dermal papillae. We also know that Dr. Colin Jahoda has already successfully recreated epithelial cells and a team in china also successfully recreated dermal papillae cells. Dr. Jahoda also was able to create hair using existing DP cells with his technique and now that a team in China has already done the missing piece, the end of baldness is nigh, the game is UP! Now it's time we put these findings into practice, so we need to get the researchers on board for a quick trial and release of a commercially available treatment. If we sit idle, you can be sure the forums will see many more responses like the one you just posted.
you are right, support you!!!