Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
This is so incredibly FALSE, I really hope either nobody takes your comment seriously or it gets removed completely.

What we do know is that in order to create a hair follicle you need to reproduce TWO types of cells; epithelial and dermal papillae. We also know that Dr. Colin Jahoda has already successfully recreated epithelial cells and a team in china also successfully recreated dermal papillae cells. Dr. Jahoda also was able to create hair using existing DP cells with his technique and now that a team in China has already done the missing piece, the end of baldness is nigh, the game is UP! Now it's time we put these findings into practice, so we need to get the researchers on board for a quick trial and release of a commercially available treatment. If we sit idle, you can be sure the forums will see many more responses like the one you just posted.

Hellouser, these researchers are not even aware of a damn thing. We need that infographic explaining the peaces and links to the teams, do Desmond can print them out and give then like 5 copies each. Better yet, let's just make a website, maybe just a one page that will show all these peices coming together. I can set it up myself, I just need the content, it may look a bit crappy but for information only.

I personally think we should make the researchers aware that we know the pieces if the puzzle have been found. We need to give them the answer as easy as possible. IMO

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
IF desmond goes will he please ask Dr. Cotsarelis what is up with his pgd2 findings?
He has it patent, there is a thread out there about it. I am guessing he will need to use it eventually for two reasons:
1. If the follicles he creates with his method aren't DHT resistant, he might have to create a topical. Or even better, he will not create a topical at all and let the poor bastards come back for more procedures.
2. It will deny competitors to use pdgd2 finding to prevent future hair loss. Either way he wins, that greedy bastard.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
He has it patent, there is a thread out there about it. I am guessing he will need to use it eventually for two reasons:
1. If the follicles he creates with his method aren't DHT resistant, he might have to create a topical. Or even better, he will not create a topical at all and let the poor bastards come back for more procedures.
This would be ideal for him. But it wouldn't matter so much for us, even if the follicles weren't DHT resistant, they'd last for 10-20 years anyway as thats typically the absolute earliest men start to exhibit male pattern baldness.

2. It will deny competitors to use pdgd2 finding to prevent future hair loss. Either way he wins, that greedy bastard.

Non-issue. Who cares if they've got the patent and exclusivity? As long as we can use it, it's all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Hellouser, these researchers are not even aware of a damn thing. We need that infographic explaining the peaces and links to the teams, do Desmond can print them out and give then like 5 copies each. Better yet, let's just make a website, maybe just a one page that will show all these peices coming together. I can set it up myself, I just need the content, it may look a bit crappy but for information only.

I personally think we should make the researchers aware that we know the pieces if the puzzle have been found. We need to give them the answer as easy as possible. IMO

Some of them are aware, but to make that infographic, like I said, I need all the elements. A website would work but thats jumping the gun as I'd like to reserve that for a crowdfunding initiative. Just pray to god that Dr. Jahoda will be up for somehting like that. Cotsarelis is a write off as he's busy with Follica.

- - - Updated - - -

IF desmond goes will he please ask Dr. Cotsarelis what is up with his pgd2 findings?

We'll compile a list of questions for all the researchers. But please, just donate anything you can to his paypal account, I've already put in $85 USD.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so is it safe to say that all our quastions about cutting edge treatements
(or cure possibility) and timelines will be much answered?

thats great. thank you all. thank you desmond

maher

Banned
Reaction score
They better have some answers.. those ****ers. We should all come to Miami in 2015- lock those brainiacs in some shack in swamp. I bet they would figure something out real quick.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
They better have some answers.. those ****ers. We should all come to Miami in 2015- lock those brainiacs in some shack in swamp. I bet they would figure something out real quick.

+1 hahaha

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score

That site is made up of so much disinformation. 10% decrease in cancer deaths in ten years is so small and there are so many variables involved as to make that figure meaningless.

Still no cure in sight for breast cancer alone after billions and billions of dollars thrown at it. Also, they are still using chemo drugs from the 1960s.

Nothing on that site hints at a cure for cancer anytime in the future.

And ask yourself this. Who oversees cancer research to make sure a failed experiment from ten years ago is not being tried at a different research facility today? Anser- no one. More people make a living from cancer than die from it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is so incredibly FALSE, I really hope either nobody takes your comment seriously or it gets removed completely.

What we do know is that in order to create a hair follicle you need to reproduce TWO types of cells; epithelial and dermal papillae. We also know that Dr. Colin Jahoda has already successfully recreated epithelial cells and a team in china also successfully recreated dermal papillae cells. Dr. Jahoda also was able to create hair using existing DP cells with his technique and now that a team in China has already done the missing piece, the end of baldness is nigh, the game is UP! Now it's time we put these findings into practice, so we need to get the researchers on board for a quick trial and release of a commercially available treatment. If we sit idle, you can be sure the forums will see many more responses like the one you just posted.

So the only thing needed is to get a bunch of guys from a forum to let these two researchers know that they both have one half of the puzzle and they just need to be put together for a cure? You mean to tell me these guys do this research for a living but have no idea what anyone else is doing?

Again, who has come up with anything to make vellus hairs terminal? They can't even figure that out.

- - - Updated - - -

He is probably going to take the money and get a hair transplant.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahaha. Yes, us guys in the forum have discovered the cure. We just need to let the researchers know what it is. Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

thats great. thank you all. thank you desmond

I'll answer them for you right now for free. No cure in sight for baldness. No cure in sight to turn vellus hairs terminal. At least 200 to 500 years for baldness cure. Turning vellus hairs to terminal might happen in 100 years.

Sending a guy to a conference to demand the researchers come up with a cure is just going to make the researchers think baldness is caused by stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys. Do what we can to help Desmond achieve the task!!!!

Who is Desmond? A search for that user name here reveals nothing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the only thing needed is to get a bunch of guys from a forum to let these two researchers know that they both have one half of the puzzle and they just need to be put together for a cure? You mean to tell me these guys do this research for a living but have no idea what anyone else is doing?

The time between the two teams making their discoveries was relatively short, about 6 or so months apart, with the news from the Chinese team coming out in February. Dr. Jahoda's team wasn't notified of their work until a month or so ago.

Want change? Do something about it.

Again, who has come up with anything to make vellus hairs terminal? They can't even figure that out.

Who cares, we can theoretically create NEW follicles. Follica with Dr. Cotsarelis has said it can do this already as well.

He is probably going to take the money and get a hair transplant.

I will quote this when Desmond gets us information to expose you for the idiot you are.

Hahahahaha. Yes, us guys in the forum have discovered the cure. We just need to let the researchers know what it is. Give me a break.

Nobody said such a thing.

I'll answer them for you right now for free. No cure in sight for baldness. No cure in sight to turn vellus hairs terminal. At least 200 to 500 years for baldness cure. Turning vellus hairs to terminal might happen in 100 years.

Sounds like you got a crystal ball. Got any other prophecies you'd like to share?

Sending a guy to a conference to demand the researchers come up with a cure is just going to make the researchers think baldness is caused by stupidity.

The whole objective CLEARLY went way over your thick skull.

Who is Desmond? A search for that user name here reveals nothing.

A member on Bald Truth Talk that is infinitely more intelligent than you, I and many others combined on the topic of hair loss. He's a student working on his PhD in a related field and has a wealth of knowledge about hair loss.

Deadman1, please refrain from further stupid comments in this thread. You're an ignorant fool.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's almost funny. :hmmm: On a serious note I have often wondered what Desmond's hair situation is really like. Does he have M.P.B.? This inquiry is not intended for the purposes of discrediting him or his qualifications. Nor is it meant disrupt the overall positive spirit of his visit to the conference. For his sake I hope he is M.P.B. free. If he is not and goes off later to muse over his experience and ends up churning out a best seller from his findings or earns something " just a bit more prestigious," like the Nobel( duly note my cognizant ensuing hyperbole), and neglects or forgets to acknowledge any of his past supporters on paper or in public; Why should we care? As long as his creation(s) produce more insight on possible future/advanced treatments for hair loss and builds a stronger voice to the greater cause for "we, the afflicted". Although only a sole ripple, his actions will be forever observed as Desmond's special contribution(s). A man's legacy is important, however weighing in the importance of a single bodied Legacy against the beneficial and plural merits of Progress. It becomes inevitable,hands down, that Progress will almost always tip the scales. God speed to Desmond and company.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Deadman, I never said we discovered the cure. We know from research that we have the ability to create the different types of cells needed to create a hair follicle. This means that all the peices are there and we have a solution.

A member on BTT forum asked them about the other researchers and he said they were oblivious about eachother's research.

My suggestion was to make them aware of the connections and importance of their combined research.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Potentially Huge News!!!!

Dr. Roland Lauster will be present!! Presentation P82, the one about growing follicles in a bioreactor, is done by one of his PhD students Beren Atac: http://www.medbt.tu-berlin.de/menue/mitarbeiter/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a small update from Desmond, we're REALLY close to our goal!

Wow guys :) we just hit $1687

This is the best crowdfunding project we have ever organised. Lets at least get to $2000.

Thanks to everyone that have donated big or small. Ur all wonderful ppl.

Flights are booked. I'm flying on 10th of may with Cathay pacific. Lets hope it doesn't go missing mid air. Lol

I'm getting the expensive camera and tripod this saturday from a friend. Hopefully I figure out how to use it.

Ps the media idea is great! I'll contact the world congress to see if I can get a media pass to make filming talk more legit lol

Thanks once again guys. Lets get some good news from all this effort

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Deadman, I never said we discovered the cure. We know from research that we have the ability to create the different types of cells needed to create a hair follicle. This means that all the peices are there and we have a solution.

A member on BTT forum asked them about the other researchers and he said they were oblivious about eachother's research.

My suggestion was to make them aware of the connections and importance of their combined research.

Then send them an email.

It is absurd to think these two companies are oblivious to each others research if it is that close to a cure. Sending someone to tell them this in person will do nothing. For a common guy to tell researchers that they are missing the boat will at best be insulting to them. Neither one will want to share their research with the other since they both know if they can find the other half of the puzzle themselves, they alone will reap the rewards.

Researchers do not like being told what to do, much like high tech companies. That's why we have so many stupid people doing stupid things in companies like Yahoo and Google. They all think they are smarter than everyone else so will not listen to the end user's wants, desires, or feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Dr. Roland Lauster will be present!! Presentation P82, the one about growing follicles in a bioreactor, is done by one of his PhD students Beren Atac: http://www.medbt.tu-berlin.de/menue/mitarbeiter/

Breakthrough after breakthrough with nothing to show for it. Remember, they have been trying to find a cure for breast cancer for 40 years with billions and billions of dollars thrown at it yet they are no closer than they were 40 years ago.

Add to this phases of clinical trials, approvals, and politics and you can kiss goodbye a cure for at least the next few hundred years.

All this conference is is an excuse for a vacation. They will spew their theories after theories with no actual hard evidence or realistic timeline for a cure.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, it isn't going to happen.

You think these researchers are going to abandon their current research to follow up some stuff from a guy on a forum? Research is highly structured and must follow a format and allows for little deviation.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good of you to share Hellouser. I think "filming talk" would be a powerful incentive that could help promote further contributor interests, for say future crowd funding project(s). An audio would serve as a tangible representation that would show or inspire just what the supporters concerted efforts can achieve. It may seem like superfluous overkill but if we care to look at the big picture, it's a wise long term investment. (s0 at

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a small update from Desmond, we're REALLY close to our goal!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Breakthrough after breakthrough with nothing to show for it. Remember, they have been trying to find a cure for breast cancer for 40 years with billions and billions of dollars thrown at it yet they are no closer than they were 40 years ago.

Add to this phases of clinical trials, approvals, and politics and you can kiss goodbye a cure for at least the next few hundred years.

All this conference is is an excuse for a vacation. They will spew their theories after theories with no actual hard evidence or realistic timeline for a cure.

Dr. Lauster's creation of follicles with hair wasn't a theory. It happened. Please stop posting in this thread. Also, breast cancer research has no effect on the progress for a hair loss cure. Get your head out of the sand.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lauster's creation of follicles with hair wasn't a theory. It happened. Please stop posting in this thread. Also, breast cancer research has no effect on the progress for a hair loss cure. Get your head out of the sand.

+1
I agree, get out if this forum.

Justeone

Reaction score
If i had the money to donate for Desmond , I totally would . But thanks to everyone that has ... looking forward to the information he can bring to the table . Cool you guys pulled it together to send him there.. thats huge news on its own.

rush4life

Reaction score
where are we at with this Hellouser? (I tried to post on BTT but those Tyrants haven't given me the ability to for some reason)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
where are we at with this Hellouser? (I tried to post on BTT but those Tyrants haven't given me the ability to for some reason)

I would say somewhere around $1,700-2,000 right now. Pitch in anything you can, 5 bucks, 50 bucks, whatever. Everyone's help will go a long long way. Desmond's being generous enough to cover about 1/3 of the total costs on his own (flight, hotels, entrance to the congress which is actually expensive due to it being 4 days long, food, etc). We're damn close.

I'm overly curious of what that bioreactor presented by Dr. Lauster's team can do, I've got a gut feeling it produces hair follicles en mass. Do that, and all thats left is implanting them with a traditional hair transplant surgeon... and DONE!

Once I know where we stand with culturing hair follicle stem cells for hair restoration, as in, once we know it WORKS, that's when I'm going to start some SERIOUS work with a crowdfunding campaign. I've actually worked on a cancer campaign before at a marketing agency, we had to come up with a name, logo, colour palette, proposals for potential sponsors and partners, famous athletes were on board as well to help promote the initiative, video, photography, website design, etc. Essentially complete branding. I've got years of experience here, all I need is support from the hair loss community once a strategy is set to reach out to as many people as possible; news sources, media, doctors, hair related websites, mayors, etc; EVERYONE.

If we are able to send Desmond to the hair congress, we'll not only be able to get the info from the presentations but also interviews with the top researchers... at which point we can also ask them about a potential collaboration for a crowdfunding initiative and finally END this disease.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say somewhere around $1,700-2,000 right now. Pitch in anything you can, 5 bucks, 50 bucks, whatever. Everyone's help will go a long long way. Desmond's being generous enough to cover about 1/3 of the total costs on his own (flight, hotels, entrance to the congress which is actually expensive due to it being 4 days long, food, etc). We're damn close.

I'm overly curious of what that bioreactor presented by Dr. Lauster's team can do, I've got a gut feeling it produces hair follicles en mass. Do that, and all thats left is implanting them with a traditional hair transplant surgeon... and DONE!

Once I know where we stand with culturing hair follicle stem cells for hair restoration, as in, once we know it WORKS, that's when I'm going to start some SERIOUS work with a crowdfunding campaign. I've actually worked on a cancer campaign before at a marketing agency, we had to come up with a name, logo, colour palette, proposals for potential sponsors and partners, famous athletes were on board as well to help promote the initiative, video, photography, website design, etc. Essentially complete branding. I've got years of experience here, all I need is support from the hair loss community once a strategy is set to reach out to as many people as possible; news sources, media, doctors, hair related websites, mayors, etc; EVERYONE.

If we are able to send Desmond to the hair congress, we'll not only be able to get the info from the presentations but also interviews with the top researchers... at which point we can also ask them about a potential collaboration for a crowdfunding initiative and finally END this disease.

Yes, we need to know where we stand. Hopefully not another prediction from them about 5 years or so. If they do say that, they need to back it up and say why that timeline on camera.
At least if it works, we can give some of this shi* a rest.