Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
We learned that a long time ago - http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateProofThatHairFolliculesNeverDie8-12.html

"Pharmaceutical companies are already testing drugs designed to block GPR44, as this has been implicated in allergic conditions such as asthma. That’s a great place to start, says Garza. But even if an existing compound blocks the version of the receptor on follicle cells and stops hair loss in lab-cultured follicles, the path to human trials is long and expensive. What’s more, the PGD2 receptor may not be working alone. Instead, it may be just one of several agents that trigger follicle regression and it’s possible that it plays only a minor role. We won’t know how central PGD2’s role is until a treatment based on it is tested properly in humans because there are no animal models of male pattern baldness."

What I'm getting at is that they're spending a lot of time and money to bring us more drugs and treatments while you have teams like Tsuji Labs, Lauster and Jahoda, all working on bringing us an actual cure. By the time Dr. Every5years actually brings something to market, it will be useless.

That part in bold I find to be total bullsh*t too. I bet it has something to do with Cotsarelis' involvement with Follica as a PGD2 inhibitor to reverse baldness would basically cannibalize Follica's potential.

More over, existing approved treatments are NOT long and expensive... case in point; Finasteride. It was first approved for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia with a side effect of more hair. It was rather QUICKLY approved as a treatment for hair loss only five years later.... 5 years... just like Cotsarelis' nickname; Dr. Every5years

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Since PDG2 blocking formula is currently on the market as Asthma medications, wouldn't we have known by now if it had any benefits for hair ?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Since PDG2 blocking formula is currently on the market as Asthma medications, wouldn't we have known by now if it had any benefits for hair ?

I would assume those pills are for consumption. We would need to grind them up ourselves and that would be different results.

Why doesn't that ssshole just tell us ah in pills are the ones am that we can buy them and do a community trial. Or if they don't exist, pay some Chinese company to produce it and then we can have community trials.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume those pills are for consumption. We would need to grind them up ourselves and that would be different results.

Why doesn't that ssshole just tell us ah in pills are the ones am that we can buy them and do a community trial. Or if they don't exist, pay some Chinese company to produce it and then we can have community trials.

Do you know the formula for a topical PGD2 blocker?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you watch the video you'll see that the follicles are not dead on a slick bald scalp. They are simply miniaturized. So there is a possibility of reviving them without having to create whole new follicles. Also interesting is the fact that he pointed out 7 drug companies that have developed a product which inhibits PGD2.

Question is: WHICH ONES ARE THEY?

A PGD2 inhibitor would probably do wonder for anyone below NW4
I always wondered if getting a hairtransplant will kill these miniaturized follicles.
Also, I do know one time Dr. Cotsarelis never said a treatment will be available in five years. It was the media that said that and now he is getting that nickname. He has made the 5 years statement before but usually he doesn't make that statement to my knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

To anyone who watched the video, can you explain what Dkk1 and progenitor cells have to do with balding and PGd2? It looks like Cotsarelis made a lot of progress in understanding the link between them all. He moved pretty fast in my opinion.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but he does, that's why I said that.

- - - Updated - - -

And Cet has been tried before. If I remember correctly, it doesn't block what we want.

He doesn't. He only knows of the products from the drug companies and he gives the impression that they havent been tested on hair (yet).

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I was testing with top. cet in 2012 for a month, got sides- but itch was gone. Cazpers was on cet for longer period. I think he said its comparable with minoxidil.
The problem with antihistamines is that you can't take it for a long period. Quercetine is a disent alternative.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22470478

- - - Updated - - -

To anyone who watched the video, can you explain what Dkk1 and progenitor cells have to do with balding and PGd2? It looks like Cotsarelis made a lot of progress in understanding the link between them all. He moved pretty fast in my opinion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17657240

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
I was testing with top. cet in 2012 for a month, got sides- but itch was gone. Cazpers was on cet for longer period. I think he said its comparable with minoxidil.
The problem with antihistamines is that you can't take it for a long period. Quercetine is a disent alternative.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22470478

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17657240

Why can't you take antihistamines for along time? Does this apply for using it topically as well?

K

karankaran

The info provided here makes me optimistic.

However, sometimes i kinda get irritated beyond measure by developments in this field - When PGD2 was announced, i read in the news articles 3-5 years ,
then slowly the narrative has changed to a more realistic thing - PGD2 might be just one of the factors, plus the pathway to developing drugs to block PGD2 is tougher than first thought.

I mean what the hell , man? When the discoveries are announced and 3-5 years time frame is mentioned, cannot they be more realistic back then, cannot they take into account everything before acting as if they have already found the cure ? Usually, the modesty in announcements settle in later.

I just hope that the approach of hair multiplication/cloning works as promised. It seems more realistic because at least the researchers are not making tall claims and mentioned the difficulties that they might encounter and stuff which still needs to be done. It sounds they are the real deal. I just hope FDA does not screw the timeline by delaying any treatment (including HM) , like they have not approved a single new sunscreen ingredient in the past 15 years. My patience is running thin. So many leads should make us feel optimistic but the way things progress makes me want to put my head in a shredder - i mean there was also a talk of a topical IGF-1 gel, what happened to that? So disappointing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the interviews with the prearranged questions still happen? I'm really interested in hearing the answers to those questions and think Hellouser did a great job on them.

Desmond's still waiting on some info to present to us from Dr. Lauster's team... arguably the most advanced team of researchers of them all. More videos will come, im sure Desmond's got a lot of content to go through.

Were the Chinese scientists who came up with hair cloning there? If that turns out to be real it could be like LASIK and completely cure baldness.

Do you mean Tsuji Labs? No, they weren't there.

Try not to worry about release times too much, as I've mentioned elsewhere; Japan has deregulated stem cell therapy which now requires Phase I and a small Phase II trial to go commercial with CONDITIONAL approval, so basically 2-3 years of trials and a biotech can cash in on the profits.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want stem cells that might give me cancer, everyone makes their own choices but for me it's hair cloning or nothing. I really want hair, but not enough to risk premature aging with minoxidil, permanant impotence with finasteride or cancer with stem cells.

I really wouldn't worry about it at all. Aderans passed through safety. Replicel passed through safety. Other companies are already giving stem cell therapies like Carticel (restoring cartillage) without any cancerous growth. This isn't even mentioning a slew of other therapies out there that are undergoing clinical trials for safety. If the cells could cause cancer, we'd have known about this a long time ago or at the very least by now. So far I haven't heard anything about stem cells causing cancer.

And thanks for actually doing something proactive. What a difference it makes actually going out and getting answers which is what I came here for instead of just pages of gossip and argument. Well done! People were criticising you and calling you negative but you are actually just a very pragmatic guy.

No problem. But it really was a joint effort from everyone. Arashi deserves many thanks as well.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
New video with Dr. Aaron Gardner's presentation on DP culturing

[video=youtube;F-u_L3ohE68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-u_L3ohE68[/video]

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, after reading Desmond's posts on TBT, I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, after reading Desmond's posts on TBT, I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

Yes, it does seem that way. Just that it won't happen any time soon. We just have to live our lives as best we can. Hopefully things do go fast and they do the speedy trials on Japan. The cure is coming but not soon enough. This disease has caused me a job :(

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score