Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Admin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah give your Norwood friends some tips.

2. theGloriousFollicle

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey @Admin It would be great if posters can edit first post in threads they start in order to summarize the thread in the first few posts so that useful information (results/trial pictures/preparation methods/dosage etc) is organized and easily accessible. That can be particularly useful in huge 100+ pages threads like Sandalore. Thread starter can also be given the privilege to grant other posters the privilege to edit first few posts and add to them.

Other proposes:
    2- Add a function to list highly upvoted posts within a thread.
    3- Improve current search function by having search results display the entire post instead of only first line.

#82 theGloriousFollicle, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Armando Jose likes this.
  3. CrownBalding

CrownBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hahaha Mandar always comes in with the heat. I’d love to have a beer with u, I can imagine it’d be really interesting

4. Agustin Araujo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Admin,

Good to see you on here. A nice update to the forum never hurts.

I've also been away from here, and have hardly been much on here for quite a while. If I'm going to be honest, I basically burned out and failed my duty. I'm deeply sorry. On top of that I had a lot of other events happen in my life that made my hair loss one of the least important matters. And during the time, I unintentionally dropped all treatment completely and forgot about all this. I've been trying to get a lot back together, and now that includes my hair. I have been getting back on treatment, I'm currently a Norwood 4. All I can do is wait and see how much I can get back.

Thank you for understanding, as always.

CrownBalding and Wolf Pack like this.
  5. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @Admin

It's a big busy forum and a difficult place to watch fully as you know yourself! I really think you could benefit from additional moderating to complement the current staff which we've discussed previously and given you some names. My activity has dipped significantly (which you predicted) but we're still doing the minimum and the place is running on auto play TBH. Bans are only for severe cases of mental illness and persistence of posting, of course trolls/spammers too - I think this is fair and I don't believe in micromanaging this place nor could we do this. BDD members have a right to stay IMHO, it's an illness like any and as long as they recognise it in relation to their perceived hair loss, I'd feel bad depriving someone of this place where they can unload their problems. Complaints tend to be trivial and domestic now since the place has been cleaned up somewhat. More importantly, the transplant section is getting a lot of spammers which I wipe once a week when I'm on, random clinics advertising constantly, this is the biggest misuse of your forum which can impact noobs.

@Agustin Araujo Welcome back and sorry to hear that mate. Hoping those unfortunate events have passed through. If you want me to see your pictures again and advise, always here.

@Roberto_72
    mio fratello

Agustin Araujo likes this.
  6. mannyFJ

mannyFJ Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    E315-D58-D-CC45-4-EC6-B965-0-EA9-B8-C60344.png
    So you are DoctorHouse that gave me all my dislikes.

Admins, this individual is clearly disturbed and volatile in trolling with multiple nicks.

7. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Omfg lmao, this forum really needs a fresh new start, i know it's not possible but i see it as an only solution....

8. HLV

HLV Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are aware that Doctor house was asked a while ago by the ADMIN to be a moderator on this site right? The admin won’t take your word over his. Just stop embarrassing yourself. Enough already.

HLV

9. HLV

HLV Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It doesn’t need a new start. It needs toxic people who enjoy conflict to leave.

HLV

DHTcel and BadInvertor like this.
  10. mannyFJ

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    We aren't equip to deal with multiple personality disorder. Seek help. Thanks!

11. mannyFJ

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I suggest you exit. Very toxic and triggered.

12. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Kind of hard and impossible from my perspective but maybe i am wrong.. New ones will come everyday with the speed of balding this days and with the younger generation being more and more and sooner affected by the situation !

13. mannyFJ

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No, you are right. Also, new people equals growth and new insight to a community like HairLossTalk.com.

Senior members like HLV aka DoctorHouse are trying to ruin the forum with childish antics and expect new comers not to retaliate. Their behavior lowers the quality of the forum and is demoralizing.

I'mme likes this.
  14. Rocknroutlaw

Rocknroutlaw Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This is a great forum and I have learnt much from it.
    My biggest gripe is the fake forum 'users' who submit fake reviews.
    I have no idea how to go about weeding it out, other than encouraging members to report behaviours such as touting for a specific clinic.
    What I would like to see may be a little extreme.. I would like a list of clinics which uses this kind of practice (having fake forum members reporting experience from the clinic). Such clinics are most likely to be the little players who do not have the reputation (or the right skills) to compete with the bigger names, hence resorting to this.

15. baba_yaga

baba_yaga Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone who hasnt had success with finasteride/duta and is very serious about his hair loss, should really consider bicalutamide. Apart from gyno, bica is the ultimate drug for stopping hair loss.

16. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @Wolf Pack you wanted proof correct ? Here you go, right in front of your nose ! He does not even take it, he has a full head of hair, he is not a doctor, he has no medical qualification whatsoever, he just reads what the other incels say and a couple of studies from what he does not understand sh*t anyways, and after promotes anti-cancer drugs that are not approved or studied for hair loss, for hair loss, on a hair loss forum... You can take your conclusions from that if you may !

And you know what i don't get, let's say he is balding and he really thinks after he "studied" bicalutamide enough that it's the right drug for him.. Let's say he takes it in the near future, what is the point of promoting it for others if you did not even take it or if you don't even know exactly what it does or how your body will react to it ? He does not even take finasteride or dutasteride in the first place and he already promotes other drugs that are not studied and approved for hair loss, what does this mean ? It means that he has some serious mental problems and that he need psychiatric attention because he could harm other innocent desperate kids who are loosing their hair and come to this forum for advice...

Poor people who don't even know him or his situation, can actually look into his mouth and take his advice for granted, without even knowing that he personally does not even take the drug he is recommending and that he has no idea of what he talking about or promoting ! Please take measures if you don't want to have innocent kids lives on your conscience ! @Admin

#96 BadInvertor, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  17. baba_yaga

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am helping other people who feel defeated after trying every single approved treatment for hair loss. I am shedding light on this path, I cant force you to walk into it. You have to make the decision. I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it if you decide that is whats best for you. ("you" as someone, not necessarily you). Sometimes, for some people, my "highlight" may preserve the quality life they have.
    Bicalutamide is studied thoroughly and is much much safer compared to other AA. I dont have to take it to inform you about the drug. You should always do your research and understand the drug and its sides before taking it. We know how bica works and all of its sides. You can search up studies and take into consideration the results and make an informative decision.

I always try to tell people to DO YOUR RESEARCH before taking any advice from anyone.

Itsnoahkennedy and bridgeburn like this.
  18. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You know sh*t, your full of sh*t and assumptions based on what the other incels have told you, nothing more.. Your not a doctor, it's not been studied for hair loss and you don't know sh*t about it's sides and refuse to see the whole side effects panel just because you are mentally ill and think that such a strong drug comes with "only one side effect" which is simply retarded !

2 more words i have for you: f*** OFF !

19. baba_yaga

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Bica will never be studied for hair loss. finasteride with a ~2% chance of moderate sides scares a lot of people. Imagine bica with a 40% chance of having moderate gyno. It will never be approved for hair loss, because the average guy is not willing to have mild/moderate gyno to keep hair for the rest of his life. Bica is NOT for the average hair loss sufferer. I suggest it because one hair loss sufferer may look into the drug and its sides and consider it as a treatment. It is much much easier to find threads about spironolactone and cpa, which both have more sides than bica. Cpa can lead to brain tumors for fucks sake. I am suggesting a much safer alternative to these two drugs which are known by a lot of users here compared to bica. I am willing to push people away from spironolactone and cpa, and consider bica. This way they avoid all their sides and get much better results on bica.
    People who gave all approved treatments all the time they need to work with no success, and have their quality of life degraded and think about hair loss, should consider bicalutamide. You dont need to be a f*****g doctor to know the sides of a drug. Heck, some docs are misinformed about some of the treatments we take. MY derm said she put people on minoxidil for 6 months, then off minoxidil for 3 months afterwards. People who visit her will never get any benefits from minoxidil because they f*****g stop the med for 3 months every 6 months! Docs can be misinformed, they arent Gods.
    You refuse to see the benefits and the safety of this drug in certain departments compared to other approved treatments. Some people will never take a 1% chance of loosing their sexual lives for some hair. What about a drug massively more powerful than finasteride, with no f*****g sexual sides? Everyone should be informed about all the potential drugs that can stop hair loss, as well as their sides and mechanisms of action.

edit: As for protecting the innocent kids from harm, they have a much much higher chance of finding threads about spironolactone and cpa, which both have more sides from bica. You arent protecting anyone. I am suggeting a drug known by a few people, and this drug is the ultimate treatment to stop hair loss.

Itsnoahkennedy and bridgeburn like this.
  20. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It actually has sexual side effects, impotence, trouble getting an erection and it you have 30% more chance in developing hearth diseases because of it, plus many more other side effects that are listed all over the internet.. It's side effects are all over the internet and have been posted yesterday on this forum also... It's not anybody's fault that you ignorant fucks refuse to believe it and that you accept to see or believe only what your shitty mentally incel minds are willing to see, think or believe... There are no studies on healthy males who are taking it for hair loss, so your shitty assumptions that "it's safe" for hair loss are nothing more than shitty assumptions taken from the other incels that are promoting this stuff along with you... No proof, no studies, no documentation, just your personal assumptions and opinions regarding a drug that was never studied on healthy males taking it for hair loss..

You can sit here and bring all the arguments your ill mind is telling you to bring, it's not gonna make a difference for a normal human being that actually has a developed brain and actually uses it, not talking about the ones that have also a medical degree and a lot of experience in biology and genetics and who know how the human body actually works, and not just from reading some incel forums and some studies done on cancer patients !

A drug known by a few 17 year old incels from a hair loss forum lmao.. Your stupidity and dumbness is way over the line, it's over for your brain it reached maximum capacity and it's gonna shut down soon !

#100 BadInvertor, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019