Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Forum Update: Aug 19, 2019 - Upgrade Coming

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Admin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator My Regimen
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi everyone!

FORUM REDESIGN COMING

There's some new Google standard for code and forum software and this particular forum software has been completely overhauled by the developers.

We have not installed the updated version yet, but we are about to. Its a lot more basic, and I'm not a huge fan of the design, but it will be the same forum functionality you've been used to.

Apparently this new design enables countless improvements that are not immediately obvious, but which you will realize as you use it.

Sneak preview:

upload_2019-8-19_11-30-3.png

----------------------

NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

I've been away a long time. I invested early in the Cryptocurrency space (back in 2012) and have been fortunate enough to have done well. I have been pretty heavily involved in the industry for the last couple years. As such, I have not checked in here as often, but I do make sure everything is still running.

I apologize if anything has occurred in my absence that you are not happy with. Would you be so kind as to use this thread to let me know of anything you think needs attention?

Forum issues? Spam issues? Hair transplant patients pretending they are just regular users but are actually promoting a doctor? The usual. :) Anything at all, let me know about it below.

Thanks

Admin

2. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, you should take care of the BDD ill kids who are advised by non professional and non educated mental ill forum members to take strong transgenders regimes to save their hair... I know it's a free space and that the internet itself is, but promoting and encouraging 16 years old to get on anti-cancer pills and transgender regimes just to save their hair i don't think it's right...
    Besides that the people who encourage and advise others, the majority are just kids themselves also who think they are doctors and scientists just because they read some studies online...
    Even if i was harsh and i have a harsh vocabulary my intentions were always good and i pity the parents and kids who could get harmed by some of your forums members... I advise and suggest a stronger moderation team that could actually obey and make some strong rules regarding the way in which people are allowed to speak and say their opinions.. It's not a PRO finasteride or PRO TRANS forum, it's a hair loss forum in the first place and if you are new and come here for the first time, you will find yourself in a place that has nothing to do with a hair loss forum.. I thought the reddit one is bad but when i lurked a while in here and there i realized that the reddit one has nothing to do with this forum and even them are making threads being amazed of what is happening here...
    You can ban me, you can do whatever you like if my opinion bothers you but in the end, it's the reality even if it sounds harsh or maybe i am too harsh when expressing my opinions.. But i have a reason for being like this and this reasons has to do with all the stuff i encountered in here, from people injecting acid in their balls at home to save their hair and after saying that Testosterone is a poison running through mans veins, to strong mental ill BDD 17 year old incels who are promoting strong ANTI-CANCER pills to 16 years old because they read some studies online and now they think they are some kind of scientists or doctors and that they found the cure for hair loss !
    I hope you understand and that you will take some measures, it's really not normal and we can't be forced to accept such behavior just because the internet is getting full of incels lately that spread their ideology and mental illnesses all over the place !

Aki, kaneki, baba_yaga and 6 others dislike this.
  3. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Atleast should be a very big warning in those extreme hormone treatment threads for all the young guys who could get influenced by that.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator My Regimen
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the feedback @BadInvertor. This is definitely concerning. The worst part is that its nearly impossible to "moderate". You either have to make a policy to completely ban all discussion of certain practices, or you end up chasing individual posts around all day, and specific comments that can be large in number. I'll do some thinking.

Anything else?

Ranjani, Wolf Pack and BadInvertor like this.
  5. HLV

HLV Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Admin, I used to post here under another name with other posters such as doctorhouse. We feel like the forums have changed since then and not in a positive way. The brotherhood and support that existed ten years ago no longer exists and it’s mostly hate and negativity on here. As previous posters have mentioned, teenagers taking insane amounts of drugs Also, rest in peace in Bryan.

HLV

stachu, Armando Jose, Rudi and 2 others like this.
  6. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you that you are always going to have to do some clean up when you see someone posting some off the wall treatments. My suggestion is to have a subsection in the forum that categorizes the treatments as risky and not FDA approved for hair loss with some disclaimer that this type of treatment should be under the supervision of a doctor and is not recommended by your website. And if you are under 18 please consult with a parent or guardian before trying any medical treatments for hairloss. And also make sure that no poster can actually recommend it to someone else who is desperate to do something off label. They can let people know what they are doing and show their results but not recommend it. And just have that section more moderated. You tried to censor dermarolling but that did not go so well. We are always going to have people with BDD or self image problems come on this forum. That will never change. We just don't need people freely advising other members to try something that could be very detrimental to their health in the future. Most of those guys in the HRT are not pushing their treatments on anyone. There are a few exceptions and I think with some new rules, they may be encouraged to stop doing it.

7. IrishFella

IrishFella Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Beautiful.

We need more folks like yourself here. I come to these forums to discuss hairloss and potential treatments, yet Ive had to put multiple people on ignore for using that shitty incel venacular, people trolling etc.

I do my best to stick to the threads I have watched, so I can avoid that nonsense.

Agustin Araujo and DoctorHouse like this.
  8. Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Me Vs DiffuseThinning Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm not sure how much you can do except have more moderators active to remove hateful posts. Also regarding the tranny drugs, yeah definitely have a little pop-up warning appear when the drug names are used in a post.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  9. Ikarus

Ikarus Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Posting our results from these medications is enough for you wanting us to get banned. Yet, you’re the same person who has created multiple alts through a VPN after being banned, therefore surpassing a ban which also isn’t allowed.

10. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nobody wants you to get banned it's your right like ours also to be on this forum, that's why it's public.. Your treatments should be highlighted and posted with a warning for the desperate kids with BDD who would cut their balls of to save their hair, or to transition just to save their hair, etc..
    You need to make the difference between that and a normal treatment for normal people and i think you are smart enough to understand it...
    People like DHTCELL and his 200 accounts should be banned, people like BabaYaga and the one that injected acid into his balls at home..
    For the rest of you i did not see you encouraging kids to take your treatments so i don't have nothing against you or your kind if you chose to take whatever you want there to take...

itchymadscalp and Ikarus like this.
  11. Ikarus

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree, I think there should be an automatic clickable link when people mention words such as ‘estradiol’ ‘HRT’ ‘estrogen’ ‘E2’, which sends them to a page which expresses how it can lead to irreversible infertility and other side effects. Banning people who talk about these regimens, or stopping the conversation, is stupid because there are legitimate transgender women on this website who need more help than ever. Maybe there should just be another part of this website for transgender women or men, in which more ‘extreme’ regimens can be shared.

12. Ikarus

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree with the first and last part of your post, however I don’t think @DHTcel should be banned. He is clever and is helping others get a proper understanding of NSAAs. Sonolmn also shouldn’t be banned, he was legitimately suffering with gender dysphoria and felt helpless until the point he had to take such drastic measures. In fact, this is more common than people expect.

13. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Someone who has no hair loss and reads studies online and decides in taking anti-cancer pills that are not approved or recommended for hair loss for a imaginary hair loss are not clever, they are just feeding their BDD or whatever they have there.. Also people who are injecting acid into their balls at home need psychiatric attention, not encouragement of their mental illness.. We don't have to agree but this is my opinion.. Let's not hijack this thread in debating useless things that we won't agree with anyways.. We have different opinions, i respect yours try to respect mine also, even if we don't agree with each other !

14. DHTcel

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    ikarus is a great and educated user too himself,

the only person that should be banned is @BadInvertor for harassing my friend @Ikarus

Attached Files:

15. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lmao, the BDD "scientist" has arrived.... Let's see what the admin thinks about you and your other accounts on which you like and dislike posts.. And let's see what he thinks about your comments encouraging 16 year olds in taking anti-cancer pills for hair loss... Who cares about bans or like or dislikes, it's just a forum and this is the internet, get a life for f*** sakes ! Poor kid you are real screwed in the head !

Aki, Ikarus, Itsnoahkennedy and 3 others dislike this.
  16. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well here you have the gang of mentally ill incels Admin, you don't have to search for them, they came by themselves lol... This is what they do all day, sit and argue on this forum with absolutely everybody, making accounts to dislike and like each others comments like it matters or something and that's kind of it.. Ohh and i forgot, injecting acid into their balls and taking anti cancer pills...
    @r/dontyouknowwhoiam lmao imagine wasting time in disliking posts lmao what a dumb ***.. Ohh please no, "your hurting my feelings" lol

Capone likes this.
    Aki, Itsnoahkennedy, Ikarus and 3 others dislike this.
  17. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    Let's all agree to come to compromise and solve this problem without any bans for anyone. Let's all get a clean slate for now and start from here to start respecting each others posts and start getting more involved with the moderators when you have a problem. We are all here because we do have self image problems and are concerned about losing something we all feel is very important to us. There are all levels of hair loss. This place should not be a contest as who has the worse case. It should be all about support and brotherhood. If you want to disagree with someone you don't need to resort with derogatory labels on people. Just make your argument and agree to disagree.

Aki, baba_yaga, Rudi and 6 others like this.
  18. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Maybe when you joined the forum it could have been done, be my guest and try to get along with this mental ill kids that sit 24/7 on the forum and take anti cancer pills.. You must be delusional in thinking that they will ever understand something.. It's useless i took my conclusions, it's nothing useful on this forum anyways, just rant and castrated kids, trannies and a lot of mental illnesses.. As for hair loss, there is nothing new anyways, same sh*t since 20 years ago... I wasted enough time here it's time to move on and leave the kids their playground, they will drown in their own sh*t soon anyways, it's funnier and better to just sit and watch them...

19. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    I do get along with them. I don't think any single one have some sort of agenda to start war with me. I do just sit back and observe. And because I do that they respect me.

Aki, baba_yaga, I'mme and 3 others like this.
  20. BadInvertor

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you say and think so, who am i to say no, it's your time and life it's not like i care.. I don't think they know what respect is, but if for you respect means that you get it just because you don't say nothing and because they like your posts, than we have a different vision on what respect is.. And who cares about their respect in the first place, i joined the forum for other reasons, the fact that i started arguing with all the incels in the world was a mistake but as i said, i took my conclusions and now it's time to move on...