Forum Members: Just How Vain Are You?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worries over being vain is why I delayed treatment with Finasteride and stayed in denial. I'm now a NW4+ when maybe if I'd been more vain I'd still be a NW2.

Last edited:

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vanity is a word that confuses so many women and men. Sadly. And fault for that is religion and Bible and Quran that were the only ones in history of mankind that condemned human quest for beauty as vanity. And in Christian USA of course there are still words from Bible and their "logic" around. Sad. And tragic. Religion defines vanity, for them actually sin of vanity LOL , as excessive concern for physical apperance. But what is excessive is relative. Muslims forbid their women to show their face, Bible is more flexible, so there are no abolutes even among religion they have different opinion, all about right and wrong is in every case just someone's perception, no one can prove right and wrong. For example in South Korea they don't even know for concept of vanity, to them it's normal to have 10 plastic surgeries and no one will call you anything.
All right and wrong depends about predominant opinion in particular culture. In Christian USA of course those that are Christians are taught many wrong things, Bible puts restriction on many completely basic human needs, like sex, masturbation, and beauty, all which is normal if you believe in old books can be twisted into something negative.
That's why it's important to know that there are no abolutes of right and wrong, positive and negative, and what you deem as positive or negative depends on what you base your conviction on, which reason and perception you use. Also definitions that are religious are not based on facts or science or something objectively true, they are based on SPECIFIC point of view about humans and the world, so it's smart to educate yourself who made which definitons. Where do they originate from..

Evolutionary psychology bases their opinion on facts about human nature and has different reasoning then Bible and Quran, of course.

Trying to look beautiful is not vanity according to evolutionary psychologists, it’s a normal universal human desire, that is pure self perception, self concioussnes that forms self image and affects self-confidence and there is nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful and putting effort into it! It's a positive thing. Hard wired into all of us!

Christians and Muslims are the only one that call desire for beauty vanity (it is written in the Bible), for Christians it’s a sin of vainglory / vanity and striving to be beautiful is one of the way to commit the crime, because in making yourself beautiful - you are asking for praise/glory from others, God condmens that because all glory is his. But their twisted logic and their point of view and their right and wrong is non of my or anyone with a brain’s business. Stupid book written by stupid people for stupid people.

ps. Vanity has another definiton (modern one, it begun meaning that spontaneously in 18th century, I did my research) of being excessively PROUD of something you have or did, be it beauty, money or education, excessive pride meaning - arrogance. Only in that context it’s not nice to be arrogant. But pure human wish to be beautiful is not vanity. You can be beautiful, and not arrogant.

So you're not vain in any sense regarding physical appearance and beauty. Also BDD is just an opinion, invented word, there are lot of critique of that diagnosis since they even diagnose ugly people with BDD and they of course have all the made up symptoms like anxiety, not socializing, having low esteem but they have all that because that is how humans feel when they're ugly. Others may have some distorted view of themselves, but it's just hypothesis. And still others are just self concious and many people naturally function that they want maximum and they're not satisfied if they don't have it, it doesn't mean they have some made up diagnosis. All people in the word should educated them selves about difference between medical diagnosis and psychiatric diagnosis. Medical diagnosis is a scientific one, you always get lab results, all psychiatric diagnosis are based on opinion, you never get what's "wrong" with your brain founded in a lab directly testing your brain, brain is not even researched. Psychiatric diagnosis are based in opinion, not long ago homosexuality was treated as a serious mental ilness treated with electro shockes. It's so sad when people don't know the basics about psychology and psychiatry.

I found this forum because I'm writing a thesis on words and confusion that is religions fault, one of examples will be vanity. And as a girl, I can tell you if a guy is hot or average, has a great body, is really smart I don't give a sh*t whether he has or doesn't have hair. He can be bold and I couldn't care less! If he got other qualities, great eyes, great arms, or something, and is intellectual and a great human being his hair is least important. DON'T SWEAT IT FOR A MINUTE!!!! Go be awesome with what you have. I'll be looking at your eyes, your arms, listening to what you have to say... It's a combination of traits that make a human, and if you have many and don't have one, not a problem at all.

I leave you with excerpt from book of evolutionary psychologists book "The psychology of beauty" :

1. We’re Programmed to Desire Beauty
Beauty is important to everyone. Even the outstanding Eleanor Roosevelt said “I only wish that I had been prettier.”

This is not vanity. Evolution has programmed us to try to look beautiful. Neanderthals mixed vividly colored cosmetics, and sculpted seashell jewelry. Ancient mummies reveal that primitive orthodonture used catgut to straighten teeth and close gaps.

Evolutionary psychologists assert that trying to look beautiful is partly about sexual courtship. Looking beautiful is delightful to see, plus it can show skill, intelligence, and ingenuity.

Whether or not people who beautify themselves are aware of it, making themselves beautiful has also resulted in bonding them together socially: another aspect of evolutionary survival.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's right....,,,,,,

Women cant stop rubbing, and feeling up the body when you are shredded and huge.

You think skinny fat c**** - i.e 90% of men get this attention. This is reserved for a small percentile of men who want to go the next level.
As a woman who is into fitness and weightlifting, I can in fact confirm that zyzz’s narcissism made him absolutely repulsive. His body means 0 when his attitude was so off-putting.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, if you do your research, you can find hundreds of prime hot girls being absolutely repulsed by him.

@shookwun unapproved
The majority of average, non-egotistical women who don’t spend their lives on instagram or going to the gym just to be seen in their skin-right, full-makeup outfit, would agree with me. I can guarantee you that.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vanity is a word that confuses so many women and men. Sadly. And fault for that is religion and Bible and Quran that were the only ones in history of mankind that condemned human quest for beauty as vanity. And in Christian USA of course there are still words from Bible and their "logic" around. Sad. And tragic. Religion defines vanity, for them actually sin of vanity LOL , as excessive concern for physical apperance. But what is excessive is relative. Muslims forbid their women to show their face, Bible is more flexible, so there are no abolutes even among religion they have different opinion, all about right and wrong is in every case just someone's perception, no one can prove right and wrong. For example in South Korea they don't even know for concept of vanity, to them it's normal to have 10 plastic surgeries and no one will call you anything.
All right and wrong depends about predominant opinion in particular culture. In Christian USA of course those that are Christians are taught many wrong things, Bible puts restriction on many completely basic human needs, like sex, masturbation, and beauty, all which is normal if you believe in old books can be twisted into something negative.
That's why it's important to know that there are no abolutes of right and wrong, positive and negative, and what you deem as positive or negative depends on what you base your conviction on, which reason and perception you use. Also definitions that are religious are not based on facts or science or something objectively true, they are based on SPECIFIC point of view about humans and the world, so it's smart to educate yourself who made which definitons. Where do they originate from..

Evolutionary psychology bases their opinion on facts about human nature and has different reasoning then Bible and Quran, of course.

Trying to look beautiful is not vanity according to evolutionary psychologists, it’s a normal universal human desire, that is pure self perception, self concioussnes that forms self image and affects self-confidence and there is nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful and putting effort into it! It's a positive thing. Hard wired into all of us!

Christians and Muslims are the only one that call desire for beauty vanity (it is written in the Bible), for Christians it’s a sin of vainglory / vanity and striving to be beautiful is one of the way to commit the crime, because in making yourself beautiful - you are asking for praise/glory from others, God condmens that because all glory is his. But their twisted logic and their point of view and their right and wrong is non of my or anyone with a brain’s business. Stupid book written by stupid people for stupid people.

ps. Vanity has another definiton (modern one, it begun meaning that spontaneously in 18th century, I did my research) of being excessively PROUD of something you have or did, be it beauty, money or education, excessive pride meaning - arrogance. Only in that context it’s not nice to be arrogant. But pure human wish to be beautiful is not vanity. You can be beautiful, and not arrogant.

So you're not vain in any sense regarding physical appearance and beauty. Also BDD is just an opinion, invented word, there are lot of critique of that diagnosis since they even diagnose ugly people with BDD and they of course have all the made up symptoms like anxiety, not socializing, having low esteem but they have all that because that is how humans feel when they're ugly. Others may have some distorted view of themselves, but it's just hypothesis. And still others are just self concious and many people naturally function that they want maximum and they're not satisfied if they don't have it, it doesn't mean they have some made up diagnosis. All people in the word should educated them selves about difference between medical diagnosis and psychiatric diagnosis. Medical diagnosis is a scientific one, you always get lab results, all psychiatric diagnosis are based on opinion, you never get what's "wrong" with your brain founded in a lab directly testing your brain, brain is not even researched. Psychiatric diagnosis are based in opinion, not long ago homosexuality was treated as a serious mental ilness treated with electro shockes. It's so sad when people don't know the basics about psychology and psychiatry.

I found this forum because I'm writing a thesis on words and confusion that is religions fault, one of examples will be vanity. And as a girl, I can tell you if a guy is hot or average, has a great body, is really smart I don't give a sh*t whether he has or doesn't have hair. He can be bold and I couldn't care less! If he got other qualities, great eyes, great arms, or something, and is intellectual and a great human being his hair is least important. DON'T SWEAT IT FOR A MINUTE!!!! Go be awesome with what you have. I'll be looking at your eyes, your arms, listening to what you have to say... It's a combination of traits that make a human, and if you have many and don't have one, not a problem at all.

I leave you with excerpt from book of evolutionary psychologists book "The psychology of beauty" :

Beauty is important to everyone. Even the outstanding Eleanor Roosevelt said “I only wish that I had been prettier.”

This is not vanity. Evolution has programmed us to try to look beautiful. Neanderthals mixed vividly colored cosmetics, and sculpted seashell jewelry. Ancient mummies reveal that primitive orthodonture used catgut to straighten teeth and close gaps.

Evolutionary psychologists assert that trying to look beautiful is partly about sexual courtship. Looking beautiful is delightful to see, plus it can show skill, intelligence, and ingenuity.

Whether or not people who beautify themselves are aware of it, making themselves beautiful has also resulted in bonding them together socially: another aspect of evolutionary survival.

How to sound smart 101 :

*mention and attack religions even if the damn topic has nothing to do with religions*

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ahh, never mind. Just found out that you're a female. I can now understand why you wrote such bullshit. It would be bothersome to debate with a female, especially in philosophic/religious stuff.

Also, i love how females are very devoted to evolution theory more than males who still try to find the answer. I guess because it gives them a reason and justify their whoring with the chad. Whether the evolution is true or not, it still the best excuse for modern sl*ts. Whenever someone questions the actions and extreme shallowness, hypergamy of women, they always say "b-but we can't help it, it's our biology, we need good genes for survival".

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, excellent post. I concur. Hair is like the icing/halo for good looks and therefore presumed vanity at times.

I suppose this is a blessing with balding, humility.

View attachment 77105

View attachment 77106

It's all looks with hair.
Can comfirm. Was up myself for a period of 2 years when I looked good.
Enter hairloss.
No longer up myself.

To be honest though, I was thinking about the ultimate deam (that we all have here) of regrowing a decent amount of hair that doesn’t fall out again when treatment loses effectiveness, like what we expect with Tsuji - and I was thinking that even with a full head of bullproof, glorious hair on my head, I would still never be the same. Hairloss has changed me entirely. I think the part of me that has become withdrawn, ashamed, self-loathing and insecure would remain just as damaged and paranoid. As much as it’s “only a cosmetic issue”, it is psychologically devastating. I can’t imagine ever being the person I was before hairloss even if a miracle occurred and I had my enormous mane of hair back. Vanity can’t exist in the world of hairloss, because vanity ultimately relies upon being what society would called “beautiful”, and society certainly does not classify balding as such. I would liken it it my experience with anorexia. I have recovered, I have put on weight, and I am healthy. But there is a voice inside of be that always says “you look like a sick, thin, prepubescent little girl and you will never have what other women have”. sh*t like that changes you. Hairloss is just the same.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
How to sound smart 101 :

*mention and attack religions even if the damn topic has nothing to do with religions*

The whole topic of vanity in the context of beauty is 100 % religion fault since only Bible and Quran in the history of man kind condemned human quest for beauty as sin of vain glory that got shortened to vanity due to semantic changes. That's why guys feel need to apologize for caring about beauty, same as girls, cause Christians accuse them of being vain if they care a lot for beauty. Nonsense.

No atheist would accuse anyone because atheists base their knowledge of world on evolutionary findings of human nature, and that nature is that beauty is one form of self perception and it's not vanity. Wanting to be beautiful is self perception that forms self image that then forms self confidence.

(Vanity in its modern meaning means arrogance, conceit. http://www.sirc.org/publik/mirror.html)

Recently professor of Christian teology Rebecca de Young wrote a book about sin of vanity or vain glory and in that book she herself admits that definiton of vanity in the context of beauty is 100 % religion definiton.

"Of her seven chapters, DeYoung's strongest is her last, in which she takes up the fascinating question of whether vanity/vainglory can be considered a vice in the secular realm, considering that its definition is theological at root. If vainglory is essentially about stealing glory from God and hoarding it for ourselves, ..."

https://www.christiancentury.org/reviews/2015-04/vainglory-rebecca-konyndyk-deyoung

Threads of people wondering if they're vain (and then apologizing) wouldn't exist if Christians stopped accusing them for something that is not vanity at all! It's normal human wish to be beautiful. Healthy, natural and 100% understandable and positive.

People that accuse others for being vain because they have high standards of beauty are brainless people.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh, never mind. Just found out that you're a female. I can now understand why you wrote such bullshit. It would be bothersome to debate with a female, especially in philosophic/religious stuff.

Also, i love how females are very devoted to evolution theory more than males who still try to find the answer. I guess because it gives them a reason and justify their whoring with the chad. Whether the evolution is true or not, it still the best excuse for modern sl*ts. Whenever someone questions the actions and extreme shallowness, hypergamy of women, they always say "b-but we can't help it, it's our biology, we need good genes for survival".

You try googling 1) common sense 2) logic.

Trying to look beautiful has nothing to do with whoring. LOL
You give your whole psychological profile with reasoning like that. And you're talking with a holder of BA in Philosophy and future psychologist so try me.

Wanting to look beautiful and wanting to have beautiful partner is not shallow at all. Visual creatures have visual criterion for themselves because they're conscious of themselves and experience themselves and others visually because, well, they are visual and conscious even of details. Very basic of functioning. But that is just one of many criteria, you have to be smart, educated, and kind person etc. etc.

It's transparent you wouldn't satisfy any of that many criteria, no wonder you have "specific" view of females and mating. Nothing seems fair and everything is "shallow" and stupid when you don't have much and girls don't like you. It's cheap and shallow reasoning from specific view point due to the how much you have. It's a defense mechanism also to accuse others of being "shallow" and not knowing the "real" values if you lack in some area that others actually find important.
Good luck with that.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score

You give your whole psychological profile with reasoning like that. And you're talking with a holder of BA in Philosophy and future psychologist so try me.

Wanting to look beautiful and wanting to have beautiful partner is not shallow at all. Visual creatures have visual criterion for themselves because they're concious of themselves and experience themselves and others visually because, well, they are visual. Very basic of functioning. But that is just one of many criteria, you have to be smart, educated, and kind person etc. etc.

It's transparent you wouldn't satisfy any of that many criteria, no wonder you have "specific" view of females and mating. Nothing seems fair and everything is "shallow" and stupid when you don't have much and girls don't like you. It's cheap and shallow reasoning from specific view point due to the how much you have. It's a defense mechanism also to accuse others of being "shallow" and not knowing the "real" values if you lack in some area that other actually find important.
Good luck with that.
Your posts make a lot of sense to me.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanting to look beautiful and wanting to have beautiful partner is not shallow at all..
There's a fine line between wanting to be beautiful for yourself and wanting to be perceived beautiful and attractive by other people.
The latter,is something that has to do with continuous reconfirmation of one's identity through external recognition.
Unfortunately,99% of people fall in the second category,that's why they are blind victims of fashion trends,mannerisms and behaviors.
You just have to take a look around you(social media and real life) to verify it.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wanting to look beautiful and wanting to have beautiful partner is not shallow at all. Visual creatures have visual criterion for themselves because they're conscious of themselves and experience themselves and others visually because, well, they are visual and conscious even of details. Very basic of functioning. But that is just one of many criteria, you have to be smart, educated, and kind person etc. etc.

It's transparent you wouldn't satisfy any of that many criteria, no wonder you have "specific" view of females and mating. Nothing seems fair and everything is "shallow" and stupid when you don't have much and girls don't like you. It's cheap and shallow reasoning from specific view point due to the how much you have. It's a defense mechanism also to accuse others of being "shallow" and not knowing the "real" values if you lack in some area that others actually find important.
Good luck with that.
future psychologist btw

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a fine line between wanting to be beautiful for yourself and wanting to be perceived beautiful and attractive by other people.
The latter,is something that has to do with continuous reconfirmation of one's identity through external recognition.
Unfortunately,99% of people fall in the second category,that's why they are blind victims of fashion trends,mannerisms and behaviors.
You just have to take a look around you(social media and real life) to verify it.

Social creatures live in interaction with others, and they do form part of their indentity with how others perceive them. Nothing wrong with that.

Being fashionable doesn't mean you are victim of fashion. Life is not black and white. Many people are in the high functioning area without being victims of anything.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being fashionable doesn't mean you are victiom of fashion. Life is not black and white.
And yet,life is black and white..
There are deep people and there are shallow people.
There are beautiful people and ugly people.
There are interesting people and boring people.
There are smart people and dumb people.
There are educated people and uneducated people.
There are generous people and there are egotistic scams.
This idealistic egalitarianism of everything that you(and most psychologists) adopt,jeopardizes your profession.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet,life is black and white..
There are deep people and there are shallow people.
There are beautiful people and ugly people.
There are interesting people and boring people.
There are smart people and dumb people.
There are educated people and uneducated people.
There are generous people and there are egotistic scams.
This idealistic egalitarianism of everything that you(and most psychologists) adopt,jeopardizes your profession.

Life is never black and white. Putting people in drawers like that only talks about your own limitations. Also being ugly doesn't mean you're just that, there are ugly successful happy people. Svetlana Kuznetsova is ugly and she's a successful millionaire. Dumb people are dumb if they don't educate themselves, that's their fault not nature's fault. Smart people worked hard on being smart. Generous people and egoistic scams just shows the diversity of human population and traits among them.

Recognising diversity and individualism what psyhology does implies non-egalitarianism yet individualism of every person. Egalitarianism in the sense of "all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities" is not true in the part people are equal in qualities and personalities but is true in the sense of equal in rights and opportunities.

Nature didn't make everybody the same but MAJORITY of people are equiped with enough potential and enough qualities to make a great life. Not having every possible quality doesn't not mean you can't make it and be happy.

Last edited:

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck with that.
I didn't say that trying to be beautiful is whoring. Whoring with the chad is something completely different. And no, even if i were attractive, i'd still think that women are shallow af. Because i'd still believe that they only like me for my looks even if i were a child rapist or a walking piece of sh*t.

*muh survival*

I'll discuss in a long post how this survival bullshit is just a propaganda to f*** up the white male and ruin the west by depopulating it and send tons of immigrants to soon be the majority in the west and boom, a civil war that could trigger WWIII. I'm sure that chad "strong jawline" and "wide chin" won't do sh*t then.

You stupid assholes need a lot of people to save your culture if you're truly desperate for it. But nope, you women have chosen to let a lot of men (60%) suffer and act like a sl*ts and only f*** the top percentage (40%) of males even if they were out of your league, just because you watched a documentary or learnt in the school that quadrillion years ago only 1 male mated with 8373746282738 females.

It's the best excuse ever tbh. Enjoy the west being destroyed because of your stupidity and lack of vision on the future.