Forum Members: Just How Vain Are You?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
didnt-read.gif

lol that one's pretty funny, I think the first one I saw was the mythbusters one, that was a good one as well

Edit: found it haha

130927615839.gif

blackg

Reaction score
Which defines vanity as CONCEIT, not general wish to look beautiful.

Vanity is defined as excessive PRIDE in you abilities, achievements or appearance. WHICH MEANS CONCEIT!

Maybe after a millionth time you'll get it. who knows, time is infinite...let's see.

https://www.quora.com/If-vanity-is-...ccess-Is-that-what-excessive-pride-stands-for

Copying from answer : "Excessive pride occurs when you overvalue your assets and achievements, which usually leads to vanity. This is not the belief that you can accomplish more than others (unlike arrogance), but the belief that you are better than others thanks to what you have or do.

If you believe that your beauty, for example, makes you better than an ugly person, you are vain. If you are proud of how beautiful you are, but remember that it does not make you better or worse than anyone else, then you are proud without being excessively proud."
"Vanity" actually means the feeling of being offended because a friend or family member of yours is having a much better life than you.

A person being angry about what he or she doesn't have in life is usually described as vanity.
And sometimes "sour grapes."

Hope that clears things up a bit.