Follica - New Patent Published 2017 - Needling Device And Drug Applicator

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's consider what fuels the idea that Follica is only using minoxidil:

-- They cited somebody else's study about minoxidil & needling.
-- They list minoxidil in their patents (along with everything else in the pharmacy and then some).
-- They don't have regulatory approval for any new drugs in the near term

I don't think this is a strong case that Follica is doing a minoxidil-only treatment. The results they already claim are too far over & above anything that we've seen during the past 30+ years that minoxidil as been on the market.

Follica has spent the last decade studying hair follicles and monkeying around with combinations of existing drugs, some of which are pretty new or rarely used topically. IMO they have probably found something that we don't already know about. It won't be THE PERFECT CURE but it will be more than the combination of minoxidil + 5ar drugs can reliably regrow.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe in Follica, and I mean results, growth wise. But at the same time I will not drop finasteride. Instead I think what Follica will do is enhance the big 3's performance, if all goes well it will be the new b3. finasteride, Ket shampoo, and Follica. It will take minoxidil's role in the lineup, but on steroids/PED's (performance enhancement drug). I think Follica will be a legit performance enhancer for those who want to get on/are already on big 3.

Reactions: br1

H

Reaction score

-- They list minoxidil in their patents (along with everything else in the pharmacy and then some).

I don't think this is a strong case that Follica is doing a minoxidil-only treatment. The results they already claim are too far over & above anything that we've seen during the past 30+ years that minoxidil as been on the market.

Follica has spent the last decade studying hair follicles and monkeying around with combinations of existing drugs, some of which are pretty new or rarely used topically. IMO they have probably found something that we don't already know about. It won't be THE PERFECT CURE but it will be more than the combination of minoxidil + 5ar drugs can reliably regrow.
What results did they claim?

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10 years of research

IMG_1286.JPG

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Has Follica mentioned anything about when they hope to unleash this?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have all shampoo possible.It's an hormonal problem.The only solution for the moment is to decrease sebum.You can use too doxycicline.It fluidifies sebum

I get it as pure powder and mix it in with my other topicals. 2-3% two times a day and leave it on all day rather than it being washed out with a shampoo. Piroctone Olamine is also a good anti oxident.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't think their claims are impressive at all. I have managed to more than 25 terminal hairs per cm2 (their claim) using minoxidil and other bits and pieces. If you actually look at the Indian study, the best responder went from being bald to having a few strands on his head but by pure percentage terms it was massive increase.

The fact that minoxidil is mentioned consistently should give you an idea of the type of results to expect and whether those 25 terminal hairs are really due to neogenesis or simply reawakening of dorment follciles. I seriously doubt that you will keep those new hairs once your stop the minoxidil, everything is pointing in that direction.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is so off the mark it's ridiculous

I have managed to more than 25 terminal hairs per cm2

Pics and doctor examination confirming those numbers or it didn't happen. If you can get those kind of results, why are you even here?

If you actually look at the Indian study, the best responder went from being bald to having a few strands on his head but by pure percentage terms it was massive increase

Horseshit.

IJT-5-6-g008.jpg

The fact that minoxidil is mentioned consistently should give you an idea of the type of results to expect and whether those 25 terminal hairs are really due to neogenesis or simply reawakening of dorment follciles.

I've seen various numbers thrown around, the truth is that nobody actually knows what number of follicles you can expect, but it has to be more than what conventional treatments can offer or else it would not be a worthwhile business endeavor. I would GLADLY take the results from the Indian study if I knew I could get them; that would be a cure for me.

The Indian study took place 4 short years ago and was the first published one regarding the technique according to the study. It's a primitive method. With a superior method and better understanding of what compounds influence the hair growth, it's only logical that the first iteration of this product will not be its ultimate potential. Also, as users like @Somebody demonstrate, shitloads of regrowth even with the primitive method are possible.

Oh, and minoxidil does cause brand new hair growth (fact) as does wounding, so your theory that it could be "just reawakening dormant follicles" can be safely put to rest and doesn't even make sense tbh.

I seriously doubt that you will keep those new hairs once your stop the minoxidil, everything is pointing in that direction.

Probably not, but there is no reason the process shouldn't be repeatable and it's not a problem for anyone who isn't a complete pansy about taking finasteride.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think their claims are impressive at all. I have managed to more than 25 terminal hairs per cm2 (their claim) using minoxidil and other bits and pieces. If you actually look at the Indian study, the best responder went from being bald to having a few strands on his head but by pure percentage terms it was massive increase.

The fact that minoxidil is mentioned consistently should give you an idea of the type of results to expect and whether those 25 terminal hairs are really due to neogenesis or simply reawakening of dorment follciles. I seriously doubt that you will keep those new hairs once your stop the minoxidil, everything is pointing in that direction.
Interesting.
The thing is that microneedling and minoxidil application seems to outperform mere minoxidil application.
Even if the effect is due to synergy, it's still better.
Nonetheless, I don't think they would be claiming their method induces hair neogenesis, if, in all actuality, it's minoxidil that activates dormant follicles.
FDA is a b**ch, a pain in the ***, but it ain't no joke.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
RIP poor responders to Minoxidil (those with low levels of sulfotransferase). I'd assume Follica have also been testing compounds to put in their minoxidil gun that upregulate sulfotransferase though. Or I guess they could use minoxidil sulphate but would be stability issues.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is so off the mark it's ridiculous
Pics and doctor examination confirming those numbers or it didn't happen. If you can get those kind of results, why are you even here?

Probably not, but there is no reason the process shouldn't be repeatable and it's not a problem for anyone who isn't a complete pansy about taking finasteride.

My success thread has been up for years for anyone to see:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-a-stemoxydine-alfatradiol-4-months-in.96625/

That is what 25 terminal hairs per cm2 looks like in the temple area.

Repeatability means that you could start the treatment, get your gains, stop and keep what you have. Finasteride does n't retain minoxidil driven gains once you stop minoxidil. No use of growth factors will restore the normal terminal follicle signal mechanisms that die with male pattern baldness, that is why you have to keep on using them. If this was n't the case they would n't be pushing this 25/cm2 number, they'd be selling it as something that could get you 100/cm2 (normalish) density by going through the protocol four times.

This whole repeatability thing is just speculation and wishful thinking, sure they have n't specifically said that it's not possible but there is nothing indicating that it is possible especially with a treatment where minoxidil is involved.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score