Follica - New Patent Published 2017 - Needling Device And Drug Applicator

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
İs this patent from 2015? İf yes, all the listed ingredients were merely in phase 1, so will the suggested liquids/treatments for this device also available soon or do we have to wait for years?

Newerah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
İs this patent from 2015? İf yes, all the listed ingredients were merely in phase 1, so will the suggested liquids/treatments for this device also available soon or do we have to wait for years?
Think please...it's from 2015...

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, another 3-6 years.
Nonetheless, microneedling+minoxidil appears to be more effective than just minoxidil..
Just sayin' ...

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 59802

Guess that gives us an answer about diffuse thinners

Earlier today, on a blog, I was literally saying to someone that "the devil is in the details" with this kind of thing, so I agree.

Hahaha how sad. They thoroughly researched something before making the move to bringing it to market — idiots!

Bringing it to the market? Where can i buy it?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To promote the generation of new hair follicles huh?

As a diffuse thinner I'll generate hundreds of thousands of follicles on my head. Make me look like one of Bob Ross's paint brushes.

Can't wait to see how this turns out keeping in mind that if it fails, then at least I'll still have other companies to lean on.

H

Reaction score
Yes I'm thinking and Follica ain't on the market for 10 years, so phase 1 products won't make it in just 2!...think please...
Why couldn't they put it on the market after trial 3 I thought that was starting here shortly?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why couldn't they put it on the market after trial 3 I thought that was starting here shortly?
Don't know man. Patent is from 2015 and some ingredients that can be used by this device are just in phase 2 and maybe will never come out (like samumed).
I wonder if they just get the device and already existing drugs to the market and later add the real deal things. Have to ask some pros here

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'm thinking and Follica ain't on the market for 10 years, so phase 1 products won't make it in just 2!...think please...
Follica is past phase II, about to/having enter(ed) phase III.
Just check out Puretech's pipeline.
Why are we constantly repeating the same minor knowledge we have over and over again?
MrV88, du siehst aus wie ein kenntnisreicher Typ. Bitte, do your homework.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know if they will (or have to) publish the results of their phase 3 trial? If not it would be nice to have users keep a log here.
I'm still negative about this till we see better density numbers from them.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is past phase II, about to/having enter(ed) phase III.
Just check out Puretech's pipeline.
Why are we constantly repeating the same minor knowledge we have over and over again?
MrV88, du siehst aus wie ein kenntnisreicher Typ. Bitte, do your homework.
Wasn't talking exactly about Follica. (Device+minoxidil)

Ok I get that the device is nearly ready, but what about the new drug from switch biotech and the chart from noisette? I wasn't stating anything it was just something like a question.
What about these drugs that could be combined?

Actelion ACT- 129968 (setipiprant), Actimis AP768, Amira AM211, Amira AM461, Amgen AMG853, Array BiPharma ARRY-502, AstraZeneca AZD1981, AstraZeneca AZD8075, AstraZeneca AZD5985, Merck MK-7246, Novartis QAV680, Oxagen OC000459,Ocagen OC002417, Pulmagen ADC3680B, Shionogi S-555739, BBI-5000, SM04554,and KYTH105 (setipiprant).

My question just is, will it all be ready or do we have to wait for better drugs like the mentioned ones for the complete treatment?

Danke Christian, hab wohl meine Frage falsch ausgedrückt

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasn't talking exactly about Follica. (Device+minoxidil)

Ok I get that the device is nearly ready, but what about the new drug from switch biotech and the chart from noisette? I wasn't stating anything it was just something like a question.
What about these drugs that could be combined?

Actelion ACT- 129968 (setipiprant), Actimis AP768, Amira AM211, Amira AM461, Amgen AMG853, Array BiPharma ARRY-502, AstraZeneca AZD1981, AstraZeneca AZD8075, AstraZeneca AZD5985, Merck MK-7246, Novartis QAV680, Oxagen OC000459,Ocagen OC002417, Pulmagen ADC3680B, Shionogi S-555739, BBI-5000, SM04554,and KYTH105 (setipiprant).

My question just is, will it all be ready or do we have to wait for better drugs like the mentioned ones for the complete treatment?

Danke Christian, hab wohl meine Frage falsch ausgedrückt
My guess is that at first it is gonna be microneedling and minoxidil with some other compounds (auxiliary), and as other compounds fighting hair loss get FDA approval along the way, they are gonna be added to the mix.
Entschuldig mich für das Missverständnis.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great find noisette.

@occulus

Is this the part where I'm supposed to say "I told you so"?

Minoxidil + needling.
Beggars can't be choosers. At least this is a defined protocol which will likely give better results than our crappy hair pulling derma rollers.

I think they also have a patented chemical which they are still studying. Plus I'd rather have the device now instead of delaying it until follica's own chemical is ready to be marketed.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beggars can't be choosers. At least this is a defined protocol which will likely give better results than our crappy hair pulling derma rollers.

You also have automated dermapens, for example the one SwissTemples used:

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?Derminator-pg1-cid61.html.

I don't believe that Follica approach will be any better than using such a derminator + minoxidil. There is no logical reason to believe so.

Do I care though? Hell no, from a business perspective I believe they have a pretty clever approach so they will be able to generate a positive ROI with a nice revenue. They'll just need good marketing.

The more money this market attracts, the better.