Follica - New Patent Published 2017 - Needling Device And Drug Applicator

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
The thing is that microneedling and minoxidil application seems to outperform mere minoxidil application.
Even if the effect is due to synergy, it's still better.
Nonetheless, I don't think they would be claiming their method induces hair neogenesis, if, in all actuality, it's minoxidil that activates dormant follicles.
FDA is a b**ch, a pain in the ***, but it ain't no joke.

Well the wounding by itself is obviously not enough to get you a full terminal hair, what is leading me to the minoxidil hypothesis is that it generates 100 new hairs with only 25 being terminal with no explanation to why that is.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the wounding by itself is obviously not enough to get you a full terminal hair, what is leading me to the minoxidil hypothesis is that it generates 100 new hairs with only 25 being terminal with no explanation to why that is.
How do you know that mere dermawounding is incapable of inducing neogenesis?
Is there any such evidence?
I'd love to have a look at it.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'm not saying that is not the case. My point is you get 25 terminal, 75 vellus on average but why is that? There has been no hypothesis to date. There was even a paper posted here a while back that claimed minoxidil was capable of neogenesis.

Newerah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
WNT / Beta-Catenin signalin...a lot of evidence is a available in the last 10 years...mother of god...:rolleyes:

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is except the Indian study there is no evidence that it really works, maybe a lot of people just did it wrong me included
True.
The evidence is not sufficient.
Therefore, we just have to wait.
Maybe we will get sth at the conference from Cotsarelis, but, with the one who's to be sent, my expectations are pretty low.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that is not the case. My point is you get 25 terminal, 75 vellus on average but why is that? There has been no hypothesis to date. There was even a paper posted here a while back that claimed minoxidil was capable of neogenesis.
There is none who can answer your reasonable question.
Let's wait, shall we?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wounding induces follicle neogenesis

No No my Friend, you're wrong.

Follica find a topical who is able to "fake" body in order to tell it "Create new follicles" instead of "Create skin".

Dermabrasion is to do damage, then the body want to repair the damages, then the topical fake the body in order to force the body to repair with creating new follicles instead of creating skin. It's the process. The KEY is the topical.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No No my Friend, you're wrong.

Follica find a topical who is able to "fake" body in order to tell it "Create new follicles" instead of "Create skin".

Dermabrasion is to do damage, then the body want to repair the damages, then the topical fake the body in order to force the body to repair with creating new follicles instead of creating skin. It's the process. The KEY is the topical.

From this puretech prospectus:

http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/Puretech_Pi_e-Prospectus_Final_T08_CNB-v2.pdf

Follica is a clinical stage company seeking to develop a treatment for hair loss which utilises its regenerative biology technology. This technology employs a technique called targeted cutaneous perturbation (or TCP) to stimulate the growth of new follicles and hair, followed by treatment with drugs and chemicals to develop those hair follicles and enhance the effect on new hair

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting.
The thing is that microneedling and minoxidil application seems to outperform mere minoxidil application.
Even if the effect is due to synergy, it's still better.
Nonetheless, I don't think they would be claiming their method induces hair neogenesis, if, in all actuality, it's minoxidil that activates dormant follicles.
FDA is a b**ch, a pain in the ***, but it ain't no joke.

I agree with this. Adding microneedling to the big 3 has been helping my vellus hairs grow. Very slow, but it's working.
25 terminal from Follica and 75 velus that could be made terminal by Shiseido...so we get 100 back, deal?

This is also what i'm hoping. Follica to grow an army of vellus hairs and then hopefully the upcoming treatments that claim they can turn vellus into terminal hairs.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this. Adding microneedling to the big 3 has been helping my vellus hairs grow. Very slow, but it's working.

This is also what i'm hoping. Follica to grow an army of vellus hairs and then hopefully the upcoming treatments that claim they can turn vellus into terminal hairs.
An average hair transplant gives you 50-70 hairs/cm² so even 100 would be superior right?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
True.
The evidence is not sufficient.
Therefore, we just have to wait.
Maybe we will get sth at the conference from Cotsarelis, but, with the one who's to be sent, my expectations are pretty low.

Hellouser's one of the best posters. There's no reason to hate on him. Perhaps you have misunderstood something he said. What do you have against him?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Cotsarelis said wounding alone works great for mice because mice have adequate amounts of FGF9, which is initially secreted by gamma delta T cells. People dont have enough apparently, and so wounding alone doesnt work as well for us.

Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2y2r, among others, did have results in that thread and he wasn't using minoxidil.
they ve ( him and an other guy) 2 points blacks .A result go out from their mind.I ve to finish the thread it let me less 100 pages but after nearly 6 months all of them they 've anything
Squeegee encouraged to wound stronger all the time but he has never posted any pictures

Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tooyoung use minoxidil
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/new-dermaroller-study-thoughts-comments.69374/page-168

swing maybe yes who knows. this or dat its good sign anyway.
so i just did my 8th roll. i feel kinda dizzy although i rolled less hard than 7th and back.

i have to report i bleed even easier. i call my 8th roll a success cause after whiping and cleaning it it turned reddish as if you get punched so this clearly says that stems are being released all over.hairline commes in strong crown closes slowly the rest hair doesnt shed and is thicker . i am slightly reducing minoxidil per dosage as of tomorrow this time.

here are some pics of my today milder roll but yet a success. lol my arteries behind ears just started pumping more blood i can sense them exercising.

11875-925eb5160440da23f54c78940979a487.jpg
11876-e36523fc1d9a08059acca1b959ac71f8.jpg

#33432young2retire, Dec 11, 2013
Like Dislike