Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I brought up the calibration issue before. I dermarolled on a saran clean wrap roll and counted how many layers got punctured then multiply by the thickness of one layer measured with a digital caliper. The original markers were off by 0.5mm on my D2.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
A7 12 pin nano needles don't hurt me at all. I have done 4 times but never felt hurt. I used dermaroller before and it was much more painful and redness. I am considering switching back to rolling.
If the dermaroll is tearing your skin apart that will be more painful but not more effective.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been reading through the thread. Can someone clarify this for me?

I want to go with the Dr. Pen A7 as it seems this will significantly reduce the time I need to invest per treatment.
I'm to use the 12 pin.
I'm to use a depth probably of 0.75mm (presumably it has this option)
I'm to use the fastest setting.
I'm to do it every two weeks.

At what rate do I want to move the A7 at this setting speed to achieve the goal target?
Thanks.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what the common protocol is, I’ve probably missed it but is this useful at all if you can’t stop the loss at all with propecia due to side effects?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Follica protocol says to go with .8 to 1mm, but a lot of the people who have had success with microneedling have used 1.5 to 2mm. Does it seem wiser to go with Follica or try the greater depth?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to see this stuff being tested on a small area of scalp, like a few square centimeters.

It's probably the best way to #1, get a valid control group (do it on one side of the head and not on the other), and #2, make the process quick enough so the tester never falls short on the number of holes.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
No reason to torture yourself and do all of that. Just microneedling for 30mins with my recalibrated D2 punching at 1mm gives results. Stop balding start microneedling

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No reason to torture yourself and do all of that. Just microneedling for 30mins with my recalibrated D2 punching at 1mm gives results. Stop balding start microneedling
Weekly or every two weeks? Thanks.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
D2 because I can afford it but I started a year ago with Dr Pen. Folks demonstrated results with a $10 cheap pen or even rollers.i would focus on making sure it's done regularly vs which device you need to get. A beautiful Steinway piano is another piece of furniture if you don't practice your scales everyday.

fran15

Reaction score
D2 because I can afford it but I started a year ago with Dr Pen. Folks demonstrated results with a $10 cheap pen or even rollers.i would focus on making sure it's done regularly vs which device you need to get. A beautiful Steinway piano is another piece of furniture if you don't practice your scales everyday.
Was the Dr Pen working? I recently switched from the D2 to the A7 after not getting any results (I was only doing 5 minute sessions though).

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something I just realized when reading experience reports of both successful dermarollers/microneedlers and of massage proponents:
Most people who reported success on either of these mechanic manipulation-based regimens reported that they covered pretty big areas, sometimes even the whole scalp.

Maybe only covering affected areas (plus, according to the Follica protocol, 2 cm into adjacent non-affected areas) is not enough and the whole scalp should be covered by either massage or needling?

Reasons why covering the whole scalp might be beneficial:
- more growth factors released
- higher chance for a "quorum sensing cascade" (yep, pulling this one out of my a**)
- more blood flow because more repair work needs to be done
- creation/healing of more capillaries. This might actually the most important point. If you have a look at the blood supply network of the scalp, it's actually a pretty thin network with low blood pressure. If upstream blood supply (coming in from below, from the heart) is weak, downstream blood and nutrient supply (towards the top of the head) will also be. If, however, we encourage angiogenesis all over the scalp, getting more blood and nutrients to hair might be easier.

All of this is of course speculation. But there must be a reason why people who needled/massaged bigger areas (even non-affected ones) were more successful.

fran15

Reaction score
Been reading through the thread. Can someone clarify this for me?

I want to go with the Dr. Pen A7 as it seems this will significantly reduce the time I need to invest per treatment.
I'm to use the 12 pin.
I'm to use a depth probably of 0.75mm (presumably it has this option)
I'm to use the fastest setting.
I'm to do it every two weeks.

At what rate do I want to move the A7 at this setting speed to achieve the goal target?
Thanks.
I think that's all correct, except where did you get that you should use the fastest setting?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The protocol says "Needling head oscillation frequency: 120 Hz" - can anyone confirm if the Dr. Pen A6 is the correct frequency?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
120 Hz = 120 oscillations per second = 7,200 RPM. Set your pen to 7,200 rpm, and take 5 minutes to go over your entire scalp. It won't take long to get the feel of how fast you need to move to achieve even coverage in 5 minutes. There's no need to be more precise than that.

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I should use 1.0 mm every 10-14 days instead of 1.5 mm every 7 days? Sounds good because it was very painful to use 1.5 mm. Anyone tried it out yet and had success?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bacteria only takes minutes to grow on a needle. Disinfect before and after every use.

amazingmandibles

My Regimen
Reaction score
To clarify, the goal is to as far as possible, make 1600 distinct holes per cm squared, not simply plodding the dermapen into the same holes over and over again right?