Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which helmet, and do you think it is actually beneficial? I've been on the fence to get a LLLT device for years.

Pls don't, the effect of them is nonexistent. I have the Theradome Laser Helmet with 80lasers, and I mistyped, I got it for 200$ off not 200$. I can assure you it does nothing, at least for me. I do have a more aggressive case though. If you are sticking to your low pharmaceutical regimen, I suggest adding B6 and zinc sulfate instead of zinc, to make zix, and oral castor oil. Im going to see if I can return this helmet lol, look around on youtube see what kevin mann and derek say about these devices if you are actually gonna purchase one. I advise against it as I doubt it will add benefit to your stack, but if you do wait for the upcoming black Friday or cyber Monday sales.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The D2 is the highest quality pen on the consumer market. The only problem is that it's too slow for the Follica method. It takes 30 minutes with the D2, whereas it only takes 5 minutes with some faster pens like the A7.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess xanny + D2 will make for a great romantic friday night. Just gotta wait for my sale :)

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this protocol end up being more effective than the usual microneedling?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say. I don't know how many people actually did it and stuck with it. It's worked well for me, but maybe needling for 1/5 the time would've worked just as well.
I think I saw Kevin Mann mention that as long as you’re wounding, maybe even in a serious way with a lot of blood, you’ll get regrowth. It reminds me of the bald guy who got burnt on his scalp and regrew hair. Maybe this protocol was supposed to mimic that without fire? I did recall a few users mention a burning sensation.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
The D2 is the highest quality pen on the consumer market. The only problem is that it's too slow for the Follica method. It takes 30 minutes with the D2, whereas it only takes 5 minutes with some faster pens like the A7.

So you use D2 or A7?
Where to buy?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a dr pen a6. I was doing 1.5mm once a week. I saw some gains but had to stop due to work and having less down days away from wearing concealers. After I stopped I definitely lost ground.

I'm now using .6mm every few days and seeing some gains back. It could just be a coincidence, since I'm now on topical minoxidil, ru58841 and topical finasteride. But it seems like reintroducing needling boosted results within 2 months.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
D2 derminator.com
A7 amazon.com

I bought one of each because needles are easier to find for A7. It's also battery operated and easy to travel with.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
D2 derminator.com
A7 amazon.com

I bought one of each because needles are easier to find for A7. It's also battery operated and easy to travel with.
I’d say A7 is easier to use as well not having a cable to get in the way.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica should have new drugs in your protocol
If follica is = Microneedling + Minoxidil it will not work if you have an aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I want something other then minoxidil as I'm allergic. I legit get these odd mucocele bubbles in my saliva glands when I use it. Had to have oral surgery. Why me?

Also allergic to minoxidil - at least topical minoxidil. Really hope we get something else to use with follica.

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is planning to conduct a pharmacokinetics study in their phase 3 trial, so maybe there will be a topical that promotes neogenesis instead of scarring after wounding? they are supposed to initiate their phase 3 trial this quarter. hopefully they do so in time.

_N_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just over 6 months now, DR Pen A6, every 14 days 1mm, but Ive reduced it a bit around the face as that's where it hurts. Miracle regrowth? ... Nope, but enough for me to keep going. There are a decent number of new hairs below my existing front hairline, the temples have some sparse hair growth in the previously bare parts and there is a little bit of thicker growth around the edges. It feels denser on top but it is so difficult to compare.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just over 6 months now, DR Pen A6, every 14 days 1mm, but Ive reduced it a bit around the face as that's where it hurts. Miracle regrowth? ... Nope, but enough for me to keep going. There are a decent number of new hairs below my existing front hairline, the temples have some sparse hair growth in the previously bare parts and there is a little bit of thicker growth around the edges. It feels denser on top but it is so difficult to compare.
Enough to keep going is all we can hope for lol. What Norwood are you and consider going up to 1.5mm?

HairGhost

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the derminator 2. But still curious if dr pen is better. Pampers specially the m8 because it should work with finer needles (and 16 needles instead of the 12 on the seminarie).

should this make a difference? Or is the A73 the top model of dr pen?

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree. See the link below, many have aggresive hairloss and got impressive regrowth from microneedling+minoxidil.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

Yes , many have aggresive hairloss , but the point is that most of those study people (85%-90%) have never used before minoxidil + finasteride/dutasteride

Minoxidil + finasteride/dutasteride DONT WORK for many people . If these prehistoric drugs dont work , microneedling + minoxidil WILL NOT WORK either

Even microneedling + minoxidil works in people , I just dont see the logic in using this twice a day for years .... , at least rest the hairloss will be very fast ....... , In many people minoxidil loses effectiveness over the years , with this it would be the same

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong.

Many guys who used minoxidil for years but didn't had results, did have results when they added needling. For example number guy, the one who popularized minoxidil/needling here is such a case.

Ok ,only one or two isolated cases .... same westonci with pge2 + needling , but others who tried did not get results ... ,
Anyway its very slave the use of microneedling + products several times a day

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder why needling and minoxidil works for some people when minoxidil alone didn't, as far as i now needling doesn't increase sulfotransferase like tretinoin and stuff do.