Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We could have had this study done on this forum with participants using various depths but for some reason folks here prefer to talk about pfs, topical CB, it and other useless crap.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We could have had this study done on this forum with participants using various depths but for some reason folks here prefer to talk about pfs, topical CB, it and other useless crap.

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
fap6seb.png

Attachments

• baldcucks.png
    baldcucks.png
    520.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Completely agree but the only issues would be evaluating results.. I honestly struggle to trust most of the anecdotal evidence on this website because I've read some stupid stuff and I've seen laughable photos. We need equipment to measure hair width/count. You're right though, we need too work communally to solve this illness not rely on the whims of medicine

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So 0.6mm twice a week. I may try it, anything over 1.5mm hurts like a mofo. Also haven't seen the results I've been looking for at twice a month with 1.5mm.

I wish they gave more info in these studies like how the rolled the scalp, what they used, pressure, etc.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So 0.6mm twice a week. I may try it, anything over 1.5mm hurts like a mofo. Also haven't seen the results I've been looking for at twice a month with 1.5mm.

I wish they gave more info in these studies like how the rolled the scalp, what they used, pressure, etc.

Biweekly can mean either twice a week or every two weeks. I'm almost certain they did it every two weeks in this study. Try the .8mm every two weeks that Follica uses.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think biweekly as in fortnightly too. I used .75 daily for a month with two sessions at 1.5 but that's quite a hassle. I will continue the fortnightly cadence at .75 due to hair getting in the way.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting study...
I’ve been doing 1.0 every two weeks (Derminator 2) but now I am considering trying 0.75, at least in the crown area, where I have the least hair and the scalp is thinner.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Biweekly can mean either twice a week or every two weeks. I'm almost certain they did it every two weeks in this study. Try the .8mm every two weeks that Follica uses.
So do you think they apply the minoxidil just before the needling?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Except we couldn’t because people here would have different lengths of hair, different types of needles, and so on and so on...

But I totally agree with the sentiment :)

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was doing 1.5 every three days, then upgraded to 2.0 every week with minoxidil mixed with sandalore twice a day, I see a growth but I don't know if I would get a good result without finasteride.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys what is your opinion on Minoxidil: would you guys say its definitely worth it to combine with finasteride (and then also microneedle) when finasteride is not fully halting the recession? Or better try dutasteride?

Also, since I have a pretty thin skin, is there a high chance of getting dark under-eye circles you guys think?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys what is your opinion on Minoxidil: would you guys say its definitely worth it to combine with finasteride (and then also microneedle) when finasteride is not fully halting the recession? Or better try dutasteride?

Also, since I have a pretty thin skin, is there a high chance of getting dark under-eye circles you guys think?

How bad is your hair loss? i would say give finasteride alone 12 months, you might be an excellent responder to it and not need min. If after 12 months you are maintaining but not happy with the results add minoxidil and needling. Sorry, i misread your post, if you are not maintaining on just finasteride make the switch to duta.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you think they apply the minoxidil just before the needling?

Follica? No, they apply it 24 hours before needling and 24 hours after to avoid systemic absorption. Better results if you apply it immediately before. I prefer to do it immediately after because I don't like needling with greasy hair.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello fellow fighters.

I have been microneedling with a stamp of 36 needles, and now realize that the main benefit I should be seeking is neogenesis rather than good penetration. So is the forum's favorite D2 or are there other better options out there? I trust Derek with my life so I am swaying towards D2 :). Do you guys think they do black friday/ cyber Monday sales? My LLLT helmet was $200 on black Friday directly from the company so I was wondering if I could get a discount on D2 from its supplier (assuming owndoc.com is the only one)?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
The D2 is the highest quality pen on the consumer market. The only problem is that it's too slow for the Follica method. It takes 30 minutes with the D2, whereas it only takes 5 minutes with some faster pens like the A7.

This is such a god damn pain.

I have a feeling / memory that most of the early people seeing results were all using the A7 and lots of D2 people (including me) are not.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello fellow fighters.

I have been microneedling with a stamp of 36 needles, and now realize that the main benefit I should be seeking is neogenesis rather than good penetration. So is the forum's favorite D2 or are there other better options out there? I trust Derek with my life so I am swaying towards D2 :). Do you guys think they do black friday/ cyber Monday sales? My LLLT helmet was $200 on black Friday directly from the company so I was wondering if I could get a discount on D2 from its supplier (assuming owndoc.com is the only one)?

Which helmet, and do you think it is actually beneficial? I've been on the fence to get a LLLT device for years.