Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
29th July to 19th October, apologies for the not very in focus first pic but hopefully still shows the progress I've made.

My results may be skewed slightly as also started retaking dutasteride after a 4 month break at the same time... I'd had a large shed but I think most of the results are to do with micro needling.

I've been doing it once every 2 weeks at 1mm, then 2-3 times with a roller in that week between, although the last month I've been super lapse with that and only managed one time.

All pics are a day or so after needling so my scalp looks a little blotchy.

I think the progress is small but definitely there... Will for sure take a year or so to start being able to really analyse how effective this is, but I'm hopeful.

Attachments

• 20201020_104046.jpg
    20201020_104046.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 20201020_095246.jpg
    20201020_095246.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 20201020_095313.jpg
    20201020_095313.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 302

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
New needling device team:

My understanding is that it is faster than the M8 and has a greater needle density.

Anybody here care to chip in?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok ,only one or two isolated cases .... same westonci with pge2 + needling , but others who tried did not get results ... ,
Anyway its very slave the use of microneedling + products several times a day
Minoxidil alone didn't make any difference for me no shedding and no regrowth.
New needling device team:

My understanding is that it is faster than the M8 and has a greater needle density.

Anybody here care to chip in?
From the specs the M8 have up to 22000rpm and the A6S up to 17000rpm.
I believe the A6S is essentially an M8 with replaceable batteries while the M8 have either a nonreplaceable one (in the wireless version) or none at all.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to mimic the patent, which model of Dr Pen should I buy? Sorry I have no ideas of the pen at all.
All work tbh, the only real difference is the number of needles per cartridge. People here believe that 12 is the ideal for proper wound impact which is in line with the protocol.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
All work tbh, the only real difference is the number of needles per cartridge. People here believe that 12 is the ideal for proper wound impact which is in line with the protocol.

In the needling result thread, the successful cases used different model of pens or roller and did needling in different ways. No one was following the patent but still they got regrowth. Really want to know how much difference the patented treatment can make.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong.

Many guys who used minoxidil for years but didn't had results, did have results when they added needling. For example number guy, the one who popularized minoxidil/needling here is such a case.
The actual guy who pioneered wounding-2young2retire became active again after many years after he made the threads and never answers questions about his hairloss. Which to me is a bit concerning.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive me for dumping this question here, but . . . . . what's the status of the needling-without-minoxidil results? I haven't looked in a while.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He also used fina. But he is only one of the MANY guys who had success with this approach, it's almost every week we get a new success story thanks to minoxidil+needling, check the big thread.
Not questioning the success of needling, just the application of how permanent it is actually

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score

Nikola237

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since @Xander94
  • Needling device: electric dermaneedling device. They specifically state that dermarollers and dermabrasion devices are less effective. About dermarollers they write that tearing and cut-like wounds are ineffective for neogenesis and that one has to aim for real, "pointy" needle wounds without any tearing or cutting.

I've bought A6 from eBay, and the needles look like they are not completely straight (I'm not sure though). Will it be a problem, can it cause any harm? I've bought several cartridges so far, and needles on all of them look like they are bent a little.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I will begin my first micro needling 2 hours later. If I'm using a 12-needle pen, 8000rpm, I will achieve 1600 wound if I glide at 2cm per second and 2 passes?

Last edited:

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the plan for Follica to be strictly an in-office procedure? Somehow I got the impression that it would be a few doctor's visits followed by regular self-administered procedures at home but I have no idea where I got that idea.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait so what is the proper protocol
It's from a patent and haven't changed since page 1. Microneedling at 0.8mm to a maximum of 1mm for haired areas at 1600 wounds/cm^2 every two weeks in combination with Minoxidil treatment.
Considering that Dr. Pen has released bunch of new devices (A7, X5, M8, A6S) which one can you guys advise and specifically which needle cartridges as they seem to offer „nano“ needles now?
I keep recommending the M8 wireless with the standard 16 pin cartridges. Nano needles isn't a new thing but are designed to increase skin penetration of some topicals, not relevant for the wounding we want.
Is the plan for Follica to be strictly an in-office procedure? Somehow I got the impression that it would be a few doctor's visits followed by regular self-administered procedures at home but I have no idea where I got that idea.
The self-administration thing is applying Minoxidil using a proprietary device.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
It's from a patent and haven't changed since page 1. Microneedling at 0.8mm to a maximum of 1mm for haired areas at 1600 wounds/cm^2 every two weeks in combination with Minoxidil treatment.

I keep recommending the M8 wireless with the standard 16 pin cartridges. Nano needles isn't a new thing but are designed to increase skin penetration of some topicals, not relevant for the wounding we want.

The self-administration thing is applying Minoxidil using a proprietary device.

A7 12 pin nano needles don't hurt me at all. I have done 4 times but never felt hurt. I used dermaroller before and it was much more painful and redness. I am considering switching back to rolling.