Follica - Good News!

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ironic mentioning that it's been researched for 10 years to add the claim of "don't know if it's safe in the long run"

yes ? have being using that same method during 10 years ? If they used exactly the same method, why 10 years for something that should take 5 ? what happen after 20 years ? 30 years ? you are INJURING your scalp periodically .

br1

Reaction score
I am not sure about this 1.000$ looks to be way to cheap since company is promoting this product with such potential.

Even if RCH-01 will provide only results of makeing all hair resistance for DHT we will have something much greater then Finasteride. And for that only would be worth to release this product. In that case I am sure it will make thicker and stronger miniaturized native hair. If it comes to regrowth I am more worried. I don't think it will provide THE REGROTH, but maybe some... If someone is looking like Telly Savalas I would not count for miracle.

My way of thinking about that product, that it should be done before anything else. After you can do hair transplant, SMP even Tsuji.

This price was stated in one article released by the Japanese (can't find it now).

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, the average density per square cm is 150. Second, if I came to you and said, "I can give you a treatment that will regrow 1/6 of your hair," you'd say, "no thanks?" There is an entire market for expensive, invasive treatments devoted to giving the illusion of 1/6 regrowth - clearly many, many people don't think that 1/6th regrowth results in looking like a cancer patient.
yep, like some people thinks that with a combo like trump people will think you have hair, lol

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about this 1.000$ looks to be way to cheap since company is promoting this product with such potential.

Even if RCH-01 will provide only results of makeing all hair resistance for DHT we will have something much greater then Finasteride. And for that only would be worth to release this product. In that case I am sure it will make thicker and stronger miniaturized native hair. If it comes to regrowth I am more worried. I don't think it will provide THE REGROTH, but maybe some... If someone is looking like Telly Savalas I would not count for miracle.

My way of thinking about that product, that it should be done before anything else. After you can do hair transplant, SMP even Tsuji.

This price was stated in one article released by the Japanese (can't find it now).

Here's one article that states the $1,000.00 figure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jboyd/...ne-tomorrow-a-thing-of-the-past/#42fc82c35c04

I have read other articles over the past couple years that say the treatment will "start" at $1,000.00 depending on the amount of injections your hairloss severity would require.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

br1

Reaction score
Depending on the amount of injections? Does this mean that several injections could yield in better results? Such as hair growth?
I believe that the theory behind it is that our hairs are usually in different phases.. Like 20% are resting.. Then the 1st injection would "miss" those ?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that the theory behind it is that our hairs are usually in different phases.. Like 20% are resting.. Then the 1st injection would "miss" those ?
Depending on the first answer the "whole treatment" should be seen as one (could also be 2-3 injections based on your theory) and the price should be for this different phase treatment. Higher prices could only mean a bigger area that has to be treated than the head of an average Joe or that more injections could yield in better results. Something like one injection mantaining the status, two injections 10 follicles/cm², three injections 15-20 follicles/cm² etc, sure just a theory but it has to be logical somehow.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That makes no sense.
The injected cells (the dermal sheath cup ones) are supposed to find their place in the base of each follicle, where they amplify naturally and replace the defected ones or co-exist with 'em (at least). Even if different follicles are in different phases, the follicular units do NOT cease to exist. They are still there.
So, multiple injections aren't done for the reason you described.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jusst wait and see. Anyway, there are so many interesting things in the near future ( in less than a year we will know how good is setipiprant ) that Follica is simple a none sense.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depending on the amount of injections? Does this mean that several injections could yield in better results? Such as hair growth?

Yes, I think it's dependent on the amount of injections. MrV88, more injections could result in better results if you're hitting more follicles at the right point in the cycle, but Shiseido's trial is running three different dosages trying to find the sweet spot. Replicel has stated they believe the dose they used was too high during their trials which may have contributed to lower regrowth results (although the participants' hair loss did seem to stabilize).

br1 is correct, in an interview with hellouser Replicel said you'll need multiple rounds of injections to treat all the hairs at various points in their life cycle, but the amount of injections per "injection session" is dependent on your hair loss. It's probably safe to assume the greater the coverage area the greater the cost.

In my opinion, I wouldn't expect the claim of $1,000.00 to cover multiple injection rounds. If we take these press releases at their word I believe the cost will start at $1,000.00 (depending on coverage area) per injection round. For example, if you need 3 rounds to cover all your follicles at various points in their cycle it would cost approx. $3k.

Unfortunately, it's all speculation and we don't know too much. Replicel/Shiseido might even change their minds about that $1k figure they threw out there by the time this (hopefully) becomes available.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some is always better than none. There seems to be a certain core group of posters who won't be satisfied by anything less than full regrowth from NW4+. I suspect that is because they are NW4+. I am not, and neither are millions of others. For us, 25 new follicles per sq mm is a cure. For others, it's the difference between NW4 and thin NW2. In both cases, that's transformative.
Yes, sure, Trump is more handsome than Jason Staham. Lol
We are talking that a hair transplat, that give density of 50 mc2 or more, many time give that thin apeparence, and you are talking about 25mc2 . What a joke.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Yes, sure, Trump is more handsome than Jason Staham. Lol
We are talking that a hair transplat, that give density of 50 mc2 or more, many time give that thin apeparence, and you are talking about 25mc2 . What a joke.

You could possibly combine Follica with transplant. And many transplants do not plant at 50+. Sometimes, much less. Quit trolling.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
More attractive than a guy with 0 hairs.

A hair transplant does not grow hair, it just moves hair from one place to another in a painful process that requires careful aftercare and is readily apparent for months. There is also a limited supply of hair follicles that varies wildly from one person to another, and the quality of result is highly variable. Follica grows new hair in a way that is minimally invasive and probably undetectable after a few days, and has a consistent baseline result from patient to patient.

If you think that a guy shaved look worst than a guy with thinning hair, you are clearly , a virgin . lol

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trolling ?!?!? jesus . Go for it, find how atractive a gir find a guy with 25 hairs . Lol
Follicles won’t help NW7 THAT much or slick bald spots in all likelihood but you fail to realize 25 follicles per CM2 can be an enormous help to diffuse thinners and lower norwoods.

You also keep mentioned how much damage it can cause when the wounding isn’t that severe.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
isn’t
Follicles won’t help NW7 THAT much or slick bald spots in all likelihood but you fail to realize 25 follicles per CM2 can be an enormous help to diffuse thinners and lower norwoods.

You also keep mentioned how much damage it can cause when the wounding isn’t that severe.
isn’t that severe but it will have to be doing again and again. Anyway, I really don't understand why we are talking about a procedure that the same doctor that create it, not longer care it.

Tsiju is the future, Feiviprant/Setipiprant are the future, maybe even CB-03-01 or whatever they call it now . Follica, if it ever see the light of the day ( which I doubt ) will be a fail . 10 years passed, and still, they can show one single improve result, one real before and after photo showing better results than with just minoxidil, not even talking if you combine it with other topical meds.
This is what Topical ketoconazole cream can give :
nizoral-hair-loss-case-study.jpg

Then I went to http://www.follicabio.com/ trying to see if they can show me a before and after, and I am not sure if they are working a hair product or trying to sell me a new iphone, lol.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
25 hairs per cm2 is like 13+ grafts per cm2... It is worthless crap. Only, would be useful for dense packing between existing hair.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 treatment is for maintenance, but we don't know yet if that's true and for how long hair loss can be halted.
That is what costs 1,000$, not Organ Germ Technology.

Only maintenance?
I though RCH-01 can potentially regrow or at the very least reverse miniaturisation.