Follica - Good News!

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop being delusional.
Ten years for 25-50 terminal hairs is pretty damn disappointing.
It's RCH-01 and Tsuji the only hopes for us, and both are big IFs.
Both are not a matter of İF more like can I afford it? and how do I manage to fly to Japan.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cell technology from stem cells, or cloned hair organ is my only hope and the potential is there for close to hair given at birth. But I'm done caring when. If it happens in 2020, I'm in, if not, f*** it.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both are not a matter of İF more like can I afford it? and how do I manage to fly to Japan.
Shiseido has a license not only for Japan, but also Korea, China and the countries of ASEA.
The price for the treatment itself will be about 1,000$.
Flight tickets and accommodation would cost about 1,000$ each.
So, in total, one would have to pay about 3,000$.
It's not cheap but it ain't unattainable either.
But that is not what's bugging me, personally.
It's the fact that Replicel has failed to find equivalent to Shiseido partners in the U.S and the European markets.
And the question is why.
As for Tsuji, we need to wait at least another year so that we should talk about prices and affordability.

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido has a license not only for Japan, but also Korea, China and the countries of ASEA.
Flight tickets and accommodation would cost about 1.000$ each.
So, in total, one would have to pay about 3.000$.
It's the fact that Replicel has failed to find equivalent to Shiseido partners in the U.S and the European markets.
And the question is why.
As for Tsuji, we need to wait at least another year so that we should talk about prices and affordability.
The question here is why are so many companies outside Japan that are a total failure until now? Why aren't they able to find a cure or at least a better treatment while Japan seems to be somehow better suitable for "creating" a cure/treatment?
I don't know if it's because of higher costs, because of the FDA or other regulatories, but something İS different that makes is quite expensive or meaningless to develop a cheap treatment in a short period of time.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The question here is why are so many companies outside Japan that are a total failure until now? Why aren't they able to find a cure or at least a better treatment while Japan seems to be somehow better suitable for "creating" a cure/treatment?
I don't know if it's because of higher costs, because of the FDA or other regulatories, but something İS different that makes is quite expensive or meaningless to develop a cheap treatment in a short period of time.
Nah, it's the red tape (FDA, regulations, etc).
Japan has been the first to legislate in a way that stem cell technologies can flourish.
They are purposefully investing in them, whereas the West is not. That's the difference.
Nonetheless, cell therapies ain't really a piece of cake to develop. They are more complex that one may think.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's RCH-01 and Tsuji the only hopes for us, and both are big IFs.

Yep.

If both of them will go out on market, and RCH-01 will be able to immune hair for DHT, Tsuji will have only temporary business with his technology. Young generation will go for it to make sure hair loss won't happen to them. After few decades Tsuji won't be necessary anymore.

It just hit me, that it sounds to beautiful to be true :(

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep.

If both of them will go out on market, and RCH-01 will be able to immune hair for DHT, Tsuji will have only temporary business with his technology. Young generation will go for it to make sure hair loss won't happen to them. After few decades Tsuji won't be necessary anymore.

Someday that's exactly what reality will be like. Youngsters getting immunized at an early age before climbing up the Norwood scale.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's have a hope for RCH-01 then :)
Tsuji will probably able only for milioners.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flight tickets and accommodation would cost about 1,000$ each.
So, in total, one would have to pay about 3,000$.
And the question is why.

Where’d you come up with $1,000? That sounds extremely cheap. How many trips are we looking at here? To go from nw5 to nw1?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how people are taking the X number of vellus/terminal ratio as if it's a 100% fact that this is what you get — full stop.

Again, it's the same tech but probably more advanced given the compounds, computerized regimen etc, as the Dhurat study and she's even one of their advisors. So it's only reasonable to assume that or better is probably what the treatment can provide and there is not a sane person who wouldn't take those results even IF that's 25/75.

But don't let that get in the way of the crying competition.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep.

And what about burn victims who have no follicles to immunize? Cancer patients?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would happily pay $1,000 a month to regain more than a Norwood (which is what 25 terminal follicles is), considering that a good hair transplant costs that or more, but also includes a painful, invasive procedure that doesn't grow hair, can potentially cost hair, and is obvious for many months afterwords.

Well, you clearly have a problem to understand what a norwwod is. To go from a norwood to another one, you have to regrowth hair where there is not hair. If you put 25 hair where it should be 100 hairs, you will look like a cancer patient under chemotherapy.

Even Cotsarelis, the main scientific on their team is not longer interested on this treatment. The reason is obviously , in 2012 he was part of the team of the great paper that prove that PDG2 and not DHT is the ultimate factor in the androgenetic alopecia , DHT start the cascade but the PDG2 is the one that make the damage. All this follica crap is before this new knowledge , that changed the whole game .

What is worst, they are promising 25 % , best case scenario, when other future treatment promise a full head of hair back .

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really ? Lets see , :
1) You will have to go to a clinic for the initial treatment, it will take , lets say an hour ? 2 hours ?
2) Then you will have to buy a device and a " drug " from them. Not possibility for a generic verions
3) You will have to go to the clinic for period checkouts
4) How safe is, in long term, periodically damage your scalp ?

How much you will think this will cost for month ? Lest take a bet, no less than 300 usd per month for a treatment that you don't know if is safe in long term and that, in best case scenario, will not give you a full head of hair and will not treat the main problem that it is causing male pattern baldness.

And, of course, in this cost, they have to amortize 10 years of researchs.
Ironic mentioning that it's been researched for 10 years to add the claim of "don't know if it's safe in the long run"

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ironic mentioning that it's been researched for 10 years to add the claim of "don't know if it's safe in the long run"
If it's the same people being wounded all these ten years, then probably RAIN is safe in the long run.
Otherwise, we have no clue.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where’d you come up with $1,000? That sounds extremely cheap. How many trips are we looking at here? To go from nw5 to nw1?
RCH-01 treatment is for maintenance, but we don't know yet if that's true and for how long hair loss can be halted.
That is what costs 1,000$, not Organ Germ Technology.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez, looking at these ancient posts depresses the hell out of me. I wonder what happened to all these guys... did they end up getting transplants, just shaving it (bro), or committing suicide? I shudder just thinking about it.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure about this 1.000$ looks to be way to cheap since company is promoting this product with such potential.

Even if RCH-01 will provide only results of makeing all hair resistance for DHT we will have something much greater then Finasteride. And for that only would be worth to release this product. In that case I am sure it will make thicker and stronger miniaturized native hair. If it comes to regrowth I am more worried. I don't think it will provide THE REGROTH, but maybe some... If someone is looking like Telly Savalas I would not count for miracle.

My way of thinking about that product, that it should be done before anything else. After you can do hair transplant, SMP even Tsuji.

Last edited: