Follica - Good News!

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol.

>Paper shows additional data for mechanism of regenerating follicles within yourself
>Paper adds to conclusions suggested by Cots' work
>Cots has been working on Follica and the associated technology for 10 years
>Paper suggests that prolonged healing may be one key to WIHN
>Paper shows that age may not be a concern with this method
>Paper shows that regenerated hair is dark black and facing an appropriate direction
>NO chemicals were used, NO effort was made to create WIHN conditions, NO adverse effects were encountered; paper is about a serendipitous discovery
>Paper suggests that this phenomenon WIHN without intervention is a somewhat rare occurrence; it's great that they lucked out and got pictures

>Data demonstrating in proof of concept form the phenomenon that we all here would like to harness

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

John Lydgate
Follica, release, when?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
• BBQ man gets decent regrowth

• Dhurat

• Successful dermarollers like Somebody

Here comes a somewhat similar study using no chemical compounds or anything that has been shown to be necessary to achieve the best results

STRAIGHT TO EMO BITCHFEST THE SKY IS FALLING

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

• Dhurat

Here comes a somewhat similar study using no chemical compounds or anything that has been shown to be necessary to achieve the best results

Before HairLossTalk.com I would've thought it'd be hard to be emo without hair.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people will use follica and may not need anything else, for severe baldness you may add some hair transplant to the result you get from follica. No need for Tsuji, replicel........

br1

Reaction score
upload_2018-1-17_9-38-3.png

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

• Dhurat

BBQ and Somebody are anecdotal. That’s not a lot to run a railroad on. Not to say Follica couldn’t be valid, but we are in the dark about so much. Two random people who’ve had atypical? results isn’t a lot of evidence.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
BBQ and Somebody are anecdotal. That’s not a lot to run a railroad on. Not to say Follica couldn’t be valid, but we are in the dark about so much. Two random people who’ve had atypical? results isn’t a lot of evidence.

BBQ was an actual patient who was studied by his doctors.

You leave out Dhurat and similar studies

Somebody is anecdotal, but so what? He has had by far the best results of anyone who tried dermarolling and has extensively documented his progress...like, over the span of years.

So I'm not sure what you're point is.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
BBQ was an actual patient who was studied by his doctors.

You leave out Dhurat and similar studies

Somebody is anecdotal, but so what? He has had by far the best results of anyone who tried dermarolling and has extensively documented his progress...like, over the span of years.

So I'm not sure what you're point is.

I left out Dhurat because it’s a real study and a good sign. Happy to have it. That’s why the anecdotal reports aren’t as hopeful. Maybe Somebody just happens to be a super responder to dermarolling? I’m not attacking the theory of wounding and I’m hopeful it works. I’m just saying that you used three bullet points to counter this new, pretty lackluster study. And two of them were just individual people. I just want something to work. I do think there’s evidence that wounding+topicals does but I’d prefer (obviously) more evidence.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I left out Dhurat because it’s a real study and a good sign. Happy to have it. That’s why the anecdotal reports aren’t as hopeful. Maybe Somebody just happens to be a super responder to dermarolling? I’m not attacking the theory of wounding and I’m hopeful it works. I’m just saying that you used three bullet points to counter this new, pretty lackluster study. And two of them were just individual people. I just want something to work. I do think there’s evidence that wounding+topicals does but I’d prefer (obviously) more evidence.

My counter to this study was that it was just a small burn with no chemical assistance in terms of hair growth, as has generally been seen to be a requirement.

It's not a good reflection of the obvious potential of wounding, but it does still show some growth.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never truly understood a phenoma of Follica, I could not find most important answer for question, if new hair will be safe from DHT and how long this new hair will last long.

Reactions: br1

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never truly understood a phenoma of Follica, I could not find most important answer for question, if new hair will be safe from DHT and how long this new hair will last long.

It's not the most important question. There's no reason to think the hair would be DHT resistant. It will last at least 1 hair cycle, which is between 3 - 5 years. So worst case repeat every 3 years at most to have perfect hair forever.

The most important question is will it work at all.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. It is unlikely that all “follica hairs” will fall out in exact period of time. If you would like to have perfect hair, you need to visit over and over the clinic.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same people calling Follica a scam are the same people that acknowledge the fact that they've been studying wounding and the mechanism of it for 10 years, tell me why someone would study it for long only to release a scam?

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The same people calling Follica a scam are the same people that acknowledge the fact that they've been studying wounding and the mechanism of it for 10 years, tell me why someone would study it for long only to release a scam?
How come u is certain that they have been studying wounding for ten whole years?
Maybe they had been trying compounds for ten whole years.
Maybe they had been waiting for something new to crop up for ten whole years.
I don't know about you, people, but for me, ten years mean that their technology isn't that big of a deal and they have been delaying and delaying in the hope for something new to happen.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How come u is certain that they have been studying wounding for ten whole years?
Maybe they had been trying compounds for ten whole years.
Maybe they had been waiting for something new to crop up for ten whole years.
I don't know about you, people, but for me, ten years mean that their technology isn't that big of a deal and they have been delaying and delaying in the hope for something new to happen.
Easy. Go look at their patents to get an idea of how various parts of their technology have evolved over time.

Here:

Additionally, you can also take a look at Cots' research publications over the last decade. They have also fed directly into his work with Follica.

Here are the highlights from the source.
  • *Morris, R., *Liu, Y., Marles, L., Yang, Z., Trempus, C., Li, S., Lin, J., Sawicki, J., Cotsarelis, G. *equal contributors: Capturing and profiling hair follicle stem cells.Nature Biotechnology 22: 411-417, 2004.
  • *Ito, M., *Liu, Y., Yang, Z., Nguyen, J., Liang, F., Morris, R., Cotsarelis, G. *equal contributors: Stem cells in the hair follicle bulge contribute to wound repair but not to homeostasis of the epidermis. Nature Medicine 11: 1351-1354, 2005.
  • Ito, M., Yang, Z., Andl, T., Cui, C., Kim, N., Millar, S.E. Cotsarelis, G. : Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after wounding. Nature 447: 316-321, 2007.
  • Garza, L.A., Yang, C.C., Zhao, T., Blatt, H.B., Lee, M., He, H., Stanton, D.C., Carrasco, L., Spiegel, J.H., Tobias, J.W,, Cotsarelis, G.: Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells. J Clin Invest 121(2): 613-622, February 2011.
  • Fan, C., Luedtke, M.A., Prouty, S.M., Burrows, M., Kollias, N., Cotsarelis, G.: Characterization and quantification of wound-induced hair follicle neogenesis using in vivo confocal scanning laser microscopy. Skin Research and Technology 17(4): 387-97, November 2011.
I hope it is clear how each of the above publications offers insight into the development of the technology.

Furthermore, that list has clearly not been updated since 2011, because of course these paper was released in 2012 and 2016, respectively:
  • T. Zhao, H.B. Blatt, D.C. Stanton, et al. Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia. Sci. Transl. Med., 4 (2012), p. 126ra34
  • Zheng, J Hsieh, H Rosengard, A Nace, G Ma, M Geyfman, et al. Effect of Prostaglandin D 2 on hair follicle growth and its impact on hair follicle stem/progenitor cells. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 136 (5), S124

Which of course in turn offer insights into what topicals may be used with Follica.
Actually, here is the full list of all his stuff:
Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not speculating anything about the release date; I'm simply saying that they have been continuously working on various aspects of the problem for the last decade and on going.

Last edited:

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If that was reply for me then excuse me, but i did not call them a scam. All I am saying that i am surprised that since there is so many unknown it is still consider be one of the best future option upcoming.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
To gain investors and have a safe job for more than a decade...

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To gain investors and have a safe job for more than a decade...
Yep, investor should be so greafull, that after a decade, they don't have a single product on the market.
You guys realize that investors have better and clear information on how their product/method works, I guess the investors just have some money spare and knowingly throw it away.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny that it blows people's f*****g minds; the idea that it might actually take a considerable amount of time and research to develop technologies and turning discoveries into viable commercial therapies.

As if this hasn't been exactly the case with literally everything in your daily life. It took Edison more than 1,000 attempts to successfully develop the filament for the incandescent lightbulb.

I'm just curious, wtf exactly is an acceptable time period before something is unlikely to be a "scam" to you people?