Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just after one session of their dermarolling technique with a continuous use of a maintenance drug?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I'm fond of saying:

Take this result and re-label it "Tsuji clinical trail result, 85 days after one session, this protocol will be sold commercially in 1-2 years." Everyone would be thrilled about it.

Follica_Hair_Results_Before_After_Close_Up.png

hrplz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just after one session of their dermarolling technique with a continuous use of a maintenance drug?

Not sure I am reading this correctly, but p. 22 of the longer pdf seems to suggest that there were 2 sessions for FOL-003: Day 1 - “a non-scarring perturbation” and Day 17-35 - “a more profound perturbation.” Entirely possible I’m misreading this. :)

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I'm fond of saying:

Take this result and re-label it "Tsuji clinical trail result, 85 days after one session, this protocol will be sold commercially in 1-2 years." Everyone would be thrilled about it.

View attachment 133057

Yeah because there are basically unlimited sessions with Tsuji, there's a plateau with Follicia. And tbqh that kind of result would be a bit underwhelming for hair cloning.

vika

Reaction score
Are the clinical trials published anywhere and I just missed them? In the methodology section, they would have to describe their exact method. We should be able to know the density and depth.

On page 4 in this thread you can download a clinical summary in pdf. It dosent include the exact procedure but it tells alot about it.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah because there are basically unlimited sessions with Tsuji, there's a plateau with Follica.

What is that idea based on, besides forum speculation?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe they were referring to the lithium drug they tried but failed. Or the minoxidil may have some additives that are not active ingredients so they may have to say it's a new drug...I could be wrong. Hope I'm wrong.

Lithium was cleared by the FDA in 1970. I doubt they would be gambling on lithium to grow hair. And minoxidil is an old drug discovery. Follicabio.com front page says *new drug. Taken at face value, they mean *new drug.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lithium was cleared by the FDA in 1970. I doubt they would be gambling on lithium to grow hair. And minoxidil is an old drug discovery. Follicabio.com front page says *new drug. Taken at face value, they mean *new drug.
But doesnt take years to get a new drug approved? And why isnt this new drug written in any of the slides that they presented with their results of fol 01 thru fol 03?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But doesnt take years to get a new drug approved? And why isnt this new drug written in any of the slides that they presented with their results of fol 01 thru fol 03?

Good question. Idk. We do know that Samumed of California got started in 2008 and currently has the only known drug worldwide entering a phase 3 study for AA, a trial compound for drugging the Wnt pathway known as SM04554.

In 2017, Cotsarelis and UPenn were also interested in a compound for drugging the Wnt pathway. It's referred to as just CWL080061. Meanwhile, JW Pharma has been researching compounds that affect the Wnt signaling pathway since the early 2000's. And they hold original technology on tens of thousands of compounds and,

"...an innovative screening system that can distinguish the activity and inhibition of the Wnt signaling pathway."

That is impressive.

Last edited:

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering why people are debating whether or not follica has some new drug they've invented when their website states that their approach is Device + Existing Drugs, but I just checked and they've updated it to just say Device + Drug, which must have been a fairly recent change? Weird..

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, that means that with more profound perturbation it takes longer to achieve neogensis. You want to use thin needles and not go too deep.

Do they specify what needle length and thickness gives a non-scarring perturbation and what gives "a more profound perturbation"?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is that idea based on, besides forum speculation?

It's just microneedling with minoxidil ffs...oh sorry super-microneedling with super-minoxidil...the mechanism is the same as what we already know and there is no unlimited regrowth with microneedling.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why people are debating whether or not follica has some new drug they've invented when their website states that their approach is Device + Existing Drugs, but I just checked and they've updated it to just say Device + Drug, which must have been a fairly recent change? Weird..

Maybe try deleting your browser cache because Follica's front page says this:

"CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kinda sad that they used a different angle. The way the light hits from that angle makes the bald patch appear smaller.

Follica is a bust, folks.

Rain is minoxidil with fancy packaging, a fancy application device, and fancy clinical wounding doctor visits. It seems to me that it's a gimmicky way to get people to pay a lot of money for minoxidil.

There are different angles and different hairstyles in the pics but there is some improvement to be certain. However, keep in mind that these are probably their 2 best respondents and plain old minoxidil without Follica's gimmicky crap would give 2 out of a hundred (or more) patients equally good results. In other words, these results could be achieved by plain old minoxidil in a couple of patients out of a hundred and I'm sure there are more than 100 patients in this Follica study so this treatment looks about the same as plain old minoxidil.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on CONSISTENT outcomes. I would gladly take this hair gain if it was actually going to work. Yes some guys have got the same regrowth on minoxidil yes, but that is extremely rare, most guys get nothing.

Good regrowth with minoxidil is more common than you think it is. It grows good hair in 16% of patients, which is 16 out of 100 patients. When you're at this site it just seems like it works less often (than 16% of patients) because the people who come here are the people it didn't work on. So when you come to this site you're coming to a place where the minoxidil nonresponders hang out. After all, if it had worked on us then we wouldn't be coming here. Check this out:

https://www.healthline.com/health/does-rogaine-work#research

And here is the key quote:

"study that led to the drug’s approval in 1987, 40 percent of men had moderate to dense hair growth on the crown of their head. In a one-year observational study, 62 percent of the 984 men using 5 percent minoxidil reported a reduction in hair loss. As for hair regrowth, the drug was rated as “very effective” in 16 percent of participants, “effective” in 48 percent, “moderately effective” in 21 percent, and “ineffective” in 16 percent. The side effects were minimal."