Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But then there is this on their front page:

"CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

Minoxidil is *not a new drug.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They only did it once in their studies.

Misquotes, but that's par for the course around here.

Don't know about others, but you can go back and find where I said all of this before.
If they did it once, it’s more than your average microneedling session. I’m surprised their clinical trials are not published if they plan to file in 2020.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
But then there is this on their front page:

"CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

Minoxidil is *not a new drug.
Maybe they were referring to the lithium drug they tried but failed. Or the minoxidil may have some additives that are not active ingredients so they may have to say it's a new drug...I could be wrong. Hope I'm wrong.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They only did it once in their studies.

THEY ONLY DID IT ONCE????

And they got results that are better than or comparable to the good microneedling results we've seen?

What could account for such a dramatic difference in results? It's either the density of needling or this new drug they got, right? Those are the only two parameters that differ from your average at home needling session?

vika

Reaction score
THEY ONLY DID IT ONCE????

And they got results that are better than or comparable to the good microneedling results we've seen?

What could account for such a dramatic difference in results? It's either the density of needling or this new drug they got, right? Those are the only two parameters that differ from your average at home needling session?

As i understand it, its just the density and perhaps the depth that give them this good result. The fol004 trial seems to be only needling and minoxidil

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stop saying sh*t....the RAIN topical won't be minoxidil. It probably will contain minoxidil but it will have other stuff in it : probably VPA, Tretinoin, a pgf2a or pge2 , a wnt agonist and something like FGF9 : They spoke about in the patent, they discover a molecule who was able to activate follicle neogenesis and it's not minoxidil which is capable of this. You really think Follica invest + 10 years of researchs, funds, trials to do a simple "Needling + minoxidil" ?

Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop saying sh*t....the RAIN topical won't be minoxidil. It probably will contain minoxidil but it will have other stuff in it : probably VPA, Tretinoin, a pgf2a or pge2 , a wnt agonist and something like FGF9 : hey spoke about in the patent, they discover a molecule who was able to activate follicle neogenesis and it's not minoxidil which is capable of this. You really think Follica invest + 10 years of researchs, funds, trials to do a simple "Needling + minoxidil" ?

Agreed, I don't think the solution will be pure minoxidil as if it's minoxidil-based, it will most likely be mixed with other proven mollecules such as tretinoin.

In any case, the fact that these guys managed in a single session what best responders to minoxidil/micro-needling achieved in 3+ months (optimistic) should hype us all.

Btw, idk if the high resolution picture has been posted yet. Even though you can argue comb over/different angle, there is a very noticable regrowth. I do, however, get your frustration as it still appears far from being a cure (which I guess some of you expected by this time).

I am now hoping and thinking it could synergize with SM04554.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, I don't think the solution will be pure minoxidil as if it's minoxidil-based, it will most likely be mixed with other proven mollecules such as tretinoin.

In any case, the fact that these guys managed in a single session what best responders to minoxidil/micro-needling achieved in 3+ months (optimistic) should hype us all.

Btw, idk if the high resolution picture has been posted yet. Even though you can argue comb over/different angle, there is a very noticable regrowth. I do, however, get your frustration as it still appears far from being a cure (which I guess some of you expected by this time).

I had known for a long time that FOLLICA was not a cure, so I don't agree with people who cry when they see that they can't solve their problem completely. What I want with this is to improve my diffuse state.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Those look like great results to me for 3 months, don't know what everyone is upset about.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like they going to microneedle and a mixture of Minoxidil and other compounds without a home device.
As far as I remember different ingredients like the ones from samumed etc could be added or included once they are available.
If and it's a big IF replicel is going to launch and samumed will be available it could lead to a nice cocktail that can be used after the microneedling procedure.
Still wondering if it could repair damaged skins and scars. Would be nice if even a small percentage of scar repairing and neogenesis could be achieved and combined with a nice FUE until Tsuji will be affordable.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop saying sh*t....the RAIN topical won't be minoxidil. It probably will contain minoxidil but it will have other stuff in it : probably VPA, Tretinoin, a pgf2a or pge2 , a wnt agonist and something like FGF9 : hey spoke about in the patent, they discover a molecule who was able to activate follicle neogenesis and it's not minoxidil which is capable of this. You really think Follica invest + 10 years of researchs, funds, trials to do a simple "Needling + minoxidil" ?
Tretinoin mixed with it, maybe. But most of the other stuff is in preclinical testing with them and will take years to be available to the public. They mentioned several times that they are in beginning stages of making new compounds based on research. Screw anything with minoxidil in it as the sides arent worth it.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As i understand it, its just the density and perhaps the depth that give them this good result. The fol004 trial seems to be only needling and minoxidil
Are the clinical trials published anywhere and I just missed them? In the methodology section, they would have to describe their exact method. We should be able to know the density and depth.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

I never got the hype arround Follicia. People hyped it as a cure BEFORE f*****g hair cloning and stem cell treatment...how is a refined wounding device with a refined minoxidil solution supposed to solve all our problems. I am sure it has the potential to be a bit more effective than contemporary wounding techniques but not by THAT much.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

If it contains minoxidil it's not for me. Minoxidil makes me look washed up and swollen.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it contains minoxidil it's not for me. Minoxidil makes me look washed up and swollen.
Your preaching to the choir. They better have a non minoxidil version. minoxidil is poison 4 me. Wish I could use it but cant like many. If only cots got minoxidil sides that messed with his cardio and face, then maybe he would have pursued a different route a decade ago.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, Gosh.
Kotsarelis is from my mom's village.
We shared some tasty fish over ouzo this summer.
I did ask him about Follica and he only told me that there is more than just minoxidil in the combo.
I could have been more persistent, but mom was like "stop, immediately. U r embarrassing me..." and so I didn't persist.
Nonetheless, I doubt RAIN is any good.
Maybe it could be somewhat effective for diffuse thinners...
For bald men I doubt...
Next time you see him ask him to male a non minoxidil version. Something is better then nothing.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this just after one session of their dermarolling technique with a continuous use of a maintenance drug?