Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..another interesting thing on the Folexen web site is that openly admitted that there are other companies that will be producing their own methods of attacking DHT directly and they aren't the only ones who have the market cornered on this...

...I always assumed that DHT couldn't be rendered inert directly because the medical community never took this approach...it seemed to me that way anyways...but the bottom line is that when I was 26, my body wasn't jacking up the DHT levels...but is now so it would make sense that reducing the effective impact of DHT should not give ANY side effects seeing as we existed with low DHT levels in our younger years

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh for crying out loud, Jacob you are sabotaging an attempt by many of us guys to find out what's what with this product. I know you mean to push out shills, but this appears to be an actual product with some science behind it and not just the marketing fluff (believe me I know, having spent a fair bit of money on wild goose chases).

People are trying this because we really have limited options. I dont want to use anything with a five Alpha R inhibitor in it. Unfortunately, all the other "possibles" like Capixyl operate on that principle.

Admin - please allow the thread to stand and for people to post their experience. We need Andrew to at least have posting access so we may provide feedback and interact.

Also, people who are trying this out need to be able to compare results.

I have ordered a bottle myself and am waiting for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Never really noticed the so called male pattern baldness itch. I have dandruff, but my worst itches happen in the areas of the scalp NOT SUCEPTABLE to male pattern baldness, ie: at the back of the head and the side of the head. I do get itch at the top but not as much. However if it reduces DHT enough, it would reduce sebum production to some extent, and less sebum would give less of a place for the yeasts that cause the inflammation of dandruff to hang out, so the itch due to dandruff could drop.

Could you post your age, weight, health (i.e. fit, average) and level of baldness if its not a problem, i.e. is it NW3, 4 etc.

Would help us compare notes.. I am 33, 71 kg, health wise so-so (not into any intense exercise) and NW3 heading on 4 myself.

I'm just jumping right in. I already took 15 mg today. lol. At first I did feel sleepy shortly after and a little light headed but it subsided. Probably going to go up to 20 / 25, and hang out there for a few months and see what I notice.

Ok, if Equol scales up linearly, a 15mg dose should inhibit between 50-65% DHT already. The tests showed 3mg/day for men (age 50-60) inhibited 10-15% DHT.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys - dont do mega doses of Equol unless you really really want to.

Take a look here:
http://desbio.com/assets/docs/prostizine_3b.pdf

Pages 8-9
First it binds ER- Beta and down regulates ER Alpha. Both basically grow the prostrate, you are shrinking it. Apart from binding DHT, which too keeps prostrate tissues alive, prevents death of tissues.

Now look at page 11 and check out the prostrate size for that rat at 0.25mg/kg.

If you are 65 kg for instance, a corresponding linear dosage would be 16.25 mg. Look at the manner in which the prostrate has been shrunk.

The prostrate is a pretty well used part of the human anatomy and conditions like inflammation are very painful and hard to treat, so tread carefully.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate

Prostrate is regulated by DHT.

Now, when I used finasteride for a couple of days, my immediate sides were a burning sensation down "there", and frequent trips to the restroom, which is why I dropped the drug. This is apparently a pretty common side effect. So, the drastic reduction in DHT probably causes this, check the diagrams of what BPH is in the above PDF. Basically by cutting DHT, you are deregulating the normal function.

Which is why I am considering if we can "topical"-ize this. Basically get the Equol to take off the scalp DHT but WITHOUT having it affect the DHT levels in the blood and let enough reach the prostrate etc. Minor reductions in DHT thanks to equol absorbed from the scalp should not matter.

Thoughts?

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob, this was kind of uncalled for. You seem to be pent up about something, but here's the thing--we all are. The reason why we're on this site is because we all have something about ourselves that we want to fix. Folexen came on here, and he was being really helpful. Without this thread, I may be trying some bs like revivogen right now. I sure as hell am not associated with this company. And many of the other newer posters are long members of sites like baldtruthtaIk (I glanced through their equol thread, too). I think the consensus here is that this stuff could make a difference in people's lives. It looks like you're the one who's trying to play the game by suggesting you get the stuff for free just because you're an "established member."

Let Andrew from Folexen keep posting on here if he wishes. He was being nothing but helpful. I will post my results if they come.

Briandesigns

Reaction score
we know that taking huge amounts of soy isoflavone could cause gyno and increase in estrogen levels in male body. But for those who are natural equol producers, taking soy isofalvone allows them to convert the isoflavone into equol. Do we know for a fact taking directly equol will not do anything similar like raising estrogen levels and risk of gyno?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Agree with lobsterlobster.

Conpecia

Reaction score
And many of the other newer posters are long members of sites like baldtruthtaIk (I glanced through their equol thread, too).

This. Jacob, do some god damn research before you conclude that we are here for nefarious purposes. Now you've lost "your" community a helpful, knowledgeable resource for what may be the most beneficial treatment out there for those of us who cannot take finasteride or minoxidil. User Folexen demonstrated that he was more than willing to answer questions in a straightforward manner, even when doing so equated to admitting that the treatment is too expensive and has not yet been tested for regrowth. Jesus, the guy even agreed to have an independent lab test the treatment to establish quality. Now, because of your douche-baggery and an administration that would rather adhere blindly to its policies than, you know, actually help its members, the community takes a hit, and each of us has to independently email Folexen for information, meaning it will not be aggregated in a public sphere, meaning we'll have to take extra steps just to do the exact same thing we've been doing for the past month before you came along and ruined everything. Thanks.

Admins: I respectfully request that an exception be made in this case. I believe it is in the best interest of the bald community at large. Many of us are interested in what Folexen has to report regarding lab results, and in general he is obviously the best resource around for the treatment. Kicking him out simply because he has an interest in the company, when he has been completely transparent, seems formulaic and unfounded.

Folexen: I'm not sure if baldtruthtaIk has a similar policy, or if an exception can be made. Please consider joining that forum if it is an option. If any of you btt guys want to notify Spencer or another moderator to let them weigh the evidence and see if an exception can be made (supposing it's even necessary), that would be great. I'll bring it up in our equol thread and see how people feel.

This is complete bull**** and an improper favoring of senior members and rigid policies over knowledge. I understand you want to protect people from snake oil salesmen, but before you go around accusing new members of being involved in some scheme, you have a duty to research the matter. A simple search of my name on this site would lead you to a post in which I SAY THAT I AM FROM baldtruthtaIk. Keep looking for those magic bullets, pal...

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Agree!

Admins - please reconsider and keep the Folexen account active, just for the users sake.

A lot of us intend to use the Folexen product (we have ordered it) and it would really help to have this thread catalogue our results.

Also, the continued claim by some members to ask for free samples to check out sounds completely ridiculous. There is no need for that.

We are buying our own stuff and are posting about it to document our experiences, get advice and also help others!!

Please reconsider.

Conpecia, baldtruthtaIk's registration system is broken. I couldnt sign up and on top of it, there was no contact form to send them either.

- - - Updated - - -

we know that taking huge amounts of soy isoflavone could cause gyno and increase in estrogen levels in male body. But for those who are natural equol producers, taking soy isofalvone allows them to convert the isoflavone into equol. Do we know for a fact taking directly equol will not do anything similar like raising estrogen levels and risk of gyno?

We don't know anything at this point of time. But common sense suggests that mega dosing and killing off DHT to the tune of 70-90% is unwise.

Thats why I am in favour of making a topical to apply to the scalp.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do so, please post it here.

Looking for an easily available vehicle, say off of Amazon, that is safe, does not irritate the scalp (and cause more hairloss) and which can get the Folexen to where it needs to go (something that can take it beyond the outerskin).

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score

To the guy who asked for my "stats" for a lack of a better term:

I'm age 30, 155 lbs, 6'1'', engage in regular light/moderate exercise (id say overall above average health), and you can judge my norwood yourself http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/62623-how-bad-is-this

i can appreciate wanting to make a topical, but unfourtunately i think blocking systemically is more effective. has anyone ever seen a successful regimen comprised soley of topicals? im not saying there arent any, but i've never seen it.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people claim minoxidil alone has worked for years. I think warlord is one.

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob, this was kind of uncalled for. You seem to be pent up about something, but here's the thing--we all are. The reason why we're on this site is because we all have something about ourselves that we want to fix. Folexen came on here, and he was being really helpful. Without this thread, I may be trying some bs like revivogen right now. I sure as hell am not associated with this company. And many of the other newer posters are long members of sites (I glanced through their equol thread, too). I think the consensus here is that this stuff could make a difference in people's lives. It looks like you're the one who's trying to play the game by suggesting you get the stuff for free just because you're an "established member."

Let Andrew from Folexen keep posting on here if he wishes. He was being nothing but helpful. I will post my results if they come.

To you and the other posters...I don't make the rules. Go complain to Admin here. I think someone else posted about this product before the company rep/owner did, so you would have heard about it anyway. And I even told him I'd have no desire to be in the trial because of before/after pictures- I've kept the emails.

My main point was with the new posters just happening to show up here and miraculously deciding to start posting. One whole one so far is from another forum- but asks to make an exception on this one.. That sounds fair to all the other companies out there :woot:. Again, complain to Admin. Or maybe try emailing the company for answers. They do respond...up to a point.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Agree!

Admins - please reconsider and keep the Folexen account active, just for the users sake.

A lot of us intend to use the Folexen product (we have ordered it) and it would really help to have this thread catalogue our results.

Also, the continued claim by some members to ask for free samples to check out sounds completely ridiculous. There is no need for that.

We are buying our own stuff and are posting about it to document our experiences, get advice and also help others!!

Please reconsider.

registration system is broken. I couldnt sign up and on top of it, there was no contact form to send them either.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know anything at this point of time. But common sense suggests that mega dosing and killing off DHT to the tune of 70-90% is unwise.

Thats why I am in favour of making a topical to apply to the scalp.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do so, please post it here.

Looking for an easily available vehicle, say off of Amazon, that is safe, does not irritate the scalp (and cause more hairloss) and which can get the Folexen to where it needs to go (something that can take it beyond the outerskin).

A bunch of us are looking to have it encapsulated in nanosomal-type tech..maybe that's been posted here already.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys lets keep this on topic. Best to we keep politics to PM. Lobster pm admin with your suggestion.

We are all fighting the same fight lets keep it on topic.

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, Andrew or no Andrew, let's use this website for what it is, and that is to inform each other. I'm sure enough of us have ordered this product to evaluate it over the next few months.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well, Andrew or no Andrew, let's use this website for what it is, and that is to inform each other. I'm sure enough of us have ordered this product to evaluate it over the next few months.

YES..that is the point...accountability is one of the most powerful byproducts of the internet and commerce...This company has a lot to gain, or lose, by what we report here...

...I, for one, think that if the company was that confident about this product, they would have no problem sending at least a 3 month supply to some of the most respected and knowledgeable members on this forum...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I know its a bummer. Even for me a little bit, because he's actually contributing information and taking questions. The problem is, the only reason he's doing this is to line his pocket with money. He's not here because he loves you. He wants sales. And that isn't always evil. It just is what it is. So while he seems super nice (and im sure he probably is), the goal is to get you to make a purchase.

When the helpful Q & A session is over, this thread ends up existing as free advertising for his company to thousands of people in the market for a hair loss product. There's always some overlap. We allowed discussion of Dr. Lee's products for 10 years and I am sure I quadrupled his income, eventually. But he never paid us a penny for all that free advertising. So its a tough call. But you guys can continue to discuss it. Lets just hope he doesnt do what countless others before him have done: Create new usernames to keep the discussions going. We will be watching very closely.

There's a protocol for things like this. We may even carry the product in the future. Who knows. But there are proper steps guys like himself need to take to gain advertising exposure. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, pooper on the parade, etc.

Admin

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
A bunch of us are looking to have it encapsulated in nanosomal-type tech..maybe that's been posted here already.

Nope, not been posted here. Can you point me to the thread? Much appreciated.

Thanks

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
And if these people really believe in their product, then they should offer free three-month supplies to selected members and/or some moderators here; and let us "do the advertising" for them: word of mouth.

That is, if they really believe in their product.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
To the guy who asked for my "stats" for a lack of a better term:

I'm age 30, 155 lbs, 6'1'', engage in regular light/moderate exercise (id say overall above average health), and you can judge my norwood yourself http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/62623-how-bad-is-this

i can appreciate wanting to make a topical, but unfourtunately i think blocking systemically is more effective. has anyone ever seen a successful regimen comprised soley of topicals? im not saying there arent any, but i've never seen it.

I am struggling to see where you have hairloss. :)

Successful topicals include minoxidil (it does work), Ru58841 (per the internet). A challenge for you, viz the topical route would be to avoid getting 90% of the stuff in your hair as versus the scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

And if these people really believe in their product, then they should offer free three-month supplies to selected members and/or some moderators here; and let us "do the advertising" for them: word of mouth.

I don't get this stuff for free stuff. I understand its good for us, but its not like every company out there can do this. Most start-up's are not really rolling in money.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

.... it's not THEIR PRODUCT! They're just a lab that produce this certain molecule that has been around for a decade.
People have no problems buying generic finasteride/ru/cb from some indian labs and don't ask them for any proof. What's the difference here?

Jacob

Reaction score
So guys from baldtruthtaIk post for the first time here on this subject because there was a link to here at baldtruthtaIk on this subject? And then keep saying or asking HERE that "folexen" be allowed to continue to post/answer questions? I know..shame on me. :sulkoff:

There is..actually...also...Email! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, not been posted here. Can you point me to the thread? Much appreciated.

Thanks

Well I don't see a thread here on it..I've asked if the person has posted it here but nothing so far. Guess I'll start a new thread on it if no-one else will.