fluridil

CCS

Reaction score
You got 3 months of telogen hairs at any time, waiting to fall out. Even if you stopped any hairs from entering tellogen, you'd need at least 2 months to see a difference in the shed rate. Unless all your telogen hairs are already shedded, and you are just seeing the new ones falling out.

el_duterino

Reaction score
before I considered using fluridil, I did a lot of reading of previous posts from people that used it.
for exemple:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... &mode=full

We observe that a couple of different posters clearly reported some kind of positive results..halting of hairloss, or thickenening of exiting hair etc..

So we know that the drug must be doing SOMETHING.

Fluridil does only one single thing - inhibiting androgen receptors topically..we can concludes that indeed it does really inhibit androgen receptors in humans.

However, the drug has been out around since 2004. It is now clear that it does not inhibit ENOUGH androgen receptors to completely stop hairloss on its own. If it did, well it would be a miracle drug (with no side effects !) - and we don't have miracle drugs ..yet.

Therefore, I don't see any arguements why we should not include fluridil to an exisiting proven anti-androgenic regimen, that has dutasteride and RU58841 or flutamide in it, in order to cover an additional, important angle while avoiding additional side effects.

Zel_[]

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on fluridil and dutasteride at norwood 1. Started the best combo before any noticeable hair loss essentially

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using fluridil for several weeks with microneedling. No systemic side effects for me. But a nasty irritation of the scalp.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gave me severe testicular aches and eventually some other symptoms, clearly goes systemic.

Everything topical does. The only thing that differs is the extent to which someone is susceptible to side effects via various mechanisms. Even here, some people are luckier than others.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havn't added this yet but it really does seem like the ideal add for maintenance if someone is using finasteride successfully already. I don't doubt that it'd not strong enough on it's own though, but should be good as a combination treatment.

Only reason I havnt ordered a 6~ month supply yet is because they only ship to Canada by boat right now. I'd rather not wait 60~ days with 0 tracking.

jd_uk

Reaction score
As always, the best way to know if fluridil can really give these side effects is by people getting their hormones tested both before and then say a month into use. And as always, nobody really does. So for years and years later everyone just discusses and guesses.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
I've seen 2 guys now who claim to have (fina like) side effects from it though.
Wonder if the sides could have been from anything else they were using. As usual we just need people to get blood tested. I mentioned to someone on reddit that they should get DHT tested before and after this 7% group trial..but I just know they won't.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
I know you're solidly in the other camp, but that could easily be placebo/nocebo if they've dealt with those sides before.
I personally haven't had those sides before, and didn't expect them because in the small trial no sides were reported and the idea of it not going systemic to a large degree made some mechanistic sense.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
As always, the best way to know if fluridil can really give these side effects is by people getting their hormones tested both before and then say a month into use. And as always, nobody really does. So for years and years later everyone just discusses and guesses.
Not sure if you could clearly measure those effects in the blood with an AR antagonist.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using fluridil for several weeks with microneedling. No systemic side effects for me. But a nasty irritation of the scalp.
For me it actually alleviated scalp irritation, which I think is androgen related in my case. Felt heavenly to be totally bulletproof against that itch feeling, which I do a lot of stuff to keep under control normally.