First Time Wearer (photos Before/after)

Noah

Reaction score
Hey Yagami, good to hear your positive news. For a combed-back style like yours, where the hairline is exposed to permanent public view, tape doesn't give an undetectable enough finish - the tape is always visible. So if you want to keep that hairstyle it's got to be glue for you at the hairline. The only exception I have found is Walkers 3-mil tape. It is not as good looking as glue, but you can get away with it on an exposed hairline.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've always believed in glue for the frontline and that's why I jumped when I heard the salon only use tape. I had no choice but go with them (affordable and 10 minutes drive from home) and re-attach with glue on the first occasion, which I did.
It was a mess the first time I used the glue this morning lol but I hope my technique will improve with practice.
I'm pretty happy with the glue end result. With tape, I couldn't comb my hair without the frontline being lifted and the system was loose on my head.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow - phenomenal results!! Hopefully it lasts! :)
I was unable to replicate exactly that look but I'm not far. I confess that I've forgotten how to style my hair :D
I'm still experimenting with gel and ways to comb my hair. Hopefully, I will nail it :cool:

vbezemer

My Regimen
Reaction score
impressive. congrats.

so you shaved your heard for the first time before having this system installed?

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I shaved the top of my head, and to be honest, I would have done it even with my head full of hair. My bio hair was dry and curly and I always wanted a hair that I can style as I want. Thank god it's now possible with my new hairpiece :D
It took me exactly 15 days between discovering hair replacement and being in the salon's chair shaving my hair preparing my head for the system :)

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good stuff man! I'm still perfecting my glued front hairline but yours gives me hope! Haha

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great. My current hair state is worse than your "before" so I guess I might as well take the plunge as well. Just a question, do you find it troublesome to shave off that much native hair? Does it affect the bond at all?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yagami, that looks amazing! I am also in London (on west side near Heathrow) and have been looking for a salon to help with initial steps but cannot find one near me. Would you be so kind as to PM me the details of who you're using?

I just got my first system from TCP, but really not happy with it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yagami, that looks amazing! I am also in London (on west side near Heathrow) and have been looking for a salon to help with initial steps but cannot find one near me. Would you be so kind as to PM me the details of who you're using?

I just got my first system from TCP, but really not happy with it.
I agree. You should look into where he went if you live in the same region. I think his hair system is one of the best I have seen on here.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. You should look into where he went if you live in the same region. I think his hair system is one of the best I have seen on here.

Damn... I just realised he is in Montreal and not in London!

Back to the search then ...

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi Yagami, when you shaved your hair and wear that system, will the hair continue to grow under the systems? hence you have to shave it often depend on how fast (which mean you have to go back to salon for them to shave). Can we just attach system direct on short hair, i mean really short instead of shaving? Can we just have the system cut into a little partial as my only front need hair?? Thnaks for answer, Your system great BTW man!!!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi Yagami, when you shaved your hair and wear that system, will the hair continue to grow under the systems? hence you have to shave it often depend on how fast (which mean you have to go back to salon for them to shave). Can we just attach system direct on short hair, i mean really short instead of shaving? Can we just have the system cut into a little partial as my only front need hair?? Thnaks for answer, Your system great BTW man!!!

Hi Ancucdi,

Your hair continues to grow under the system, but the modern tapes and adhesives continue to hold. I know some guys who can get a whole month (you probably should not go longer than that, for hygienic reasons).

I shave, some guys just buzz super close, but you can't bond to hair unless you do what is known as a hard bond (which is like super glue), I don't know anyone who does it, and I don't know why you would. If you keep your head shaved, or buzzed super close (stubble) your system fits better.

As for a partial, yes you can get a partial system made that just covers your hairline.

Steve

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ancucdi,

Your hair continues to grow under the system, but the modern tapes and adhesives continue to hold. I know some guys who can get a whole month (you probably should not go longer than that, for hygienic reasons).

I shave, some guys just buzz super close, but you can't bond to hair unless you do what is known as a hard bond (which is like super glue), I don't know anyone who does it, and I don't know why you would. If you keep your head shaved, or buzzed super close (stubble) your system fits better.

As for a partial, yes you can get a partial system made that just covers your hairline.

Steve
Thanks Steve ,so even my hair grows under system, system still stay ok , like 2, 3 weeks?! i have another questions: Should i go to the Salon for the first time since i might need partial or should i go ahead and order online and cut and learn myself plus from yal experiences? , is it easy to make template myself? my hair now is short buzz, should i let them grow long enough to see wich area needed to be cover before i go to salon/ or order online? Thanks for all input Steves you r really help me much!!!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Steve ,so even my hair grows under system, system still stay ok , like 2, 3 weeks?! i have another questions: Should i go to the Salon for the first time since i might need partial or should i go ahead and order online and cut and learn myself plus from yal experiences? , is it easy to make template myself? my hair now is short buzz, should i let them grow long enough to see wich area needed to be cover before i go to salon/ or order online? Thanks for all input Steves you r really help me much!!!

A couple of things.

1. I found that using a "salon", although my experience was that I used a company with a live representative, it was basically the same as using a Salon, was a very good experience. The increase in cost, for me, was worth it for the amount of PROFESSIONAL information that I received. The other benefit from having a Salon work with me was that when there was a problem, they stood behind the product 100%, and I got a new system out of it, for free.

2. I would NOT do a template alone, and at least have some help, plus guidance from the place you are ordering from.

3. Hair length. A couple of things. A system with a buzz, probably won't work too well, I would suggest that you start growing out your hair to the length that you want for your new style. As for the template, someone experienced would be able to tell the thinning areas buzzed, or not.

Good luck!

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes, the Buzzed is the one i worry about since i want all buzzed in back and side and will comb the wig back, dont know how will they blend and match?!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes, the Buzzed is the one i worry about since i want all buzzed in back and side and will comb the wig back, dont know how will they blend and match?!

Well, if that is the case, you don't really need to worry about the blend. You will have sort of an undercut, and the hair will cover the edges if done correctly.

You will need to make sure that the hairline is perfect for an exposed hairline.

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if that is the case, you don't really need to worry about the blend. You will have sort of an undercut, and the hair will cover the edges if done correctly.

You will need to make sure that the hairline is perfect for an exposed hairline.
so with that style i still need cut in the back and side? i still have lot of hair in back and sides, plus i have long sideburns

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
so with that style i still need cut in the back and side? i still have lot of hair in back and sides, plus i have long sideburns

It only matters if the edges of the system will be visible. If you are brushing the hair back, over existing hair, you don't need to worry about it.

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
It only matters if the edges of the system will be visible. If you are brushing the hair back, over existing hair, you don't need to worry about it.
Uh, thats right, but most of us worry about the front hairline ?!so im debating between brushing hair back vs style which brush hair foward to cover hairline. do you have perfect hairline? or is that any system or method to have perfect hairline?