Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

ngp17

My Regimen
Reaction score
following this thread--interested in your results as time goes on. I started getting gyno after 3.5 years of 1.25 mg finasteride orally, stopped cold turkey in July. Losing ground now, and starting topical finasteride.

i just ordered a 0.025% finasteride/5% minoxidil liposomal gel. 1ml everyday should be equivalent to 0.25 mg finasteride--hopefully the lower DHT inhibition effect will result in no sides for me. I'll keep you guys updated.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Upped my dose 0.066mg a day (4 finasteride pills into a 60ml minoxidil bottle).

I think the shedding will be temporary. I also think my hair, whilst looking better, actually grows more slowly.

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
As someone on Dutasteride, I simply can't help but be amused by discussions on "micro-dosing" Finasteride (since it's the less effective 5ar inhibitor).

I understand why these discussions take place and mean no disrespect to those seeking to minimize any and all side effects.

But still...my personal belief is to do everything within my control to combat hair loss.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone on Dutasteride, I simply can't help but be amused by discussions on "micro-dosing" Finasteride (since it's the less effective 5ar inhibitor).

I understand why these discussions take place and mean no disrespect to those seeking to minimize any and all side effects.

But still...my personal belief is to do everything within my control to combat hair loss.
Agreed. But this is not possible for people who experience severe side effects. Dutasteride completely killed my dick. I didnt have a single boner in 11 months, even though i stopped taking it 2 months ago already.

INT

Reaction score
following this thread--interested in your results as time goes on. I started getting gyno after 3.5 years of 1.25 mg finasteride orally, stopped cold turkey in July. Losing ground now, and starting topical finasteride.

i just ordered a 0.025% finasteride/5% minoxidil liposomal gel. 1ml everyday should be equivalent to 0.25 mg finasteride--hopefully the lower DHT inhibition effect will result in no sides for me. I'll keep you guys updated.

Where did you order if I may ask?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There actually was one 16-month study: Mazzarella's, led in 1997. They tested a 0,005% solution twice daily (1ml twice a day), so it amounts to 0.1 mg in total.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546639709160517

On this study, you can get a summary of the results (of the aforementioned study).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

"Significant decrease in rate of hair loss in FNS group after 6 months of treatment.
Slight to marked reduction in balding areas in all FNS patients compared to baseline; placebo patients experienced no reduction.
73% of patients in FNS group reported moderate treatment effectiveness, 70% of the placebo group reported no to slight treatment effectiveness.

Adverse Events:
30% subjects withdrew from the placebo group due to treatment non-efficacy.
No reported local or systemic effects in treatment or placebo groups."

I do not have the paper for the Mazzarella study but discussed it with some forumers. Apparently, back in the day, the only measure was this "steady state" of finasteride AR irrelevant level. It is interesting as we now know that at higher levels, there's accumulation even at low dosages. At 0,005% there wasn't any accumulation in the long run (study limited at 16 months though). I am just quoting my peer @badhabiz here.

Last edited:

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My personal belief as with the purpose of medicine is to improve quality of life. I want to improve my hair without getting side-effects. For me, that means attempting microdosing finasteride.
For you, who may not get side-effects, that may be taking duta.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think it’s all about limiting serum DHT inhibition whilst maximising scalp DHT inhibition when avoiding side-effects.

So far, research shows very low dose topical Finasteride seems to do an adequate job, but not as good as 1mg oral finasteride. However the side effects seem far less severe.

First I wanted to see if I’d get side-effects which so far I haven’t got any (will continue to monitor though). I have upped the dose again to 0.066mg a day which is twice what I started on. I will try to keep it here for some time.

Now it’s all about if it can stop my shedding and improve my hair which should take a few months. Honestly can’t tell if it’s working so far. Experiences so far have been:
- A slowdown in shedding then a speed up (where I’m at currently)
- Weirdly my hair actually grows slower (happened on oral finasteride too)
- Hair looks better but not my much

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still losing hair - no real ‘shed’ where you lose excessive hair though. No side effects. Hair still looking marginally better than baseline.

INT

Reaction score
Still losing hair - no real ‘shed’ where you lose excessive hair though. No side effects. Hair still looking marginally better than baseline.

Thanks for keeping us updated man!

When you did oral, did you then already experience anything side effect or efficacy wise around this time?

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated man!

When you did oral, did you then already experience anything side effect or efficacy wise around this time?

I saw a slowdown in hair loss after a month but odd sheds here and there. Too early to tell atm.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to try to get blood done in the next month or two. I’d like to see if this has impacted my serum DHT.

Still no sides. Hair still marginally better. Still shedding.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no side-effects. Hair shedding seems down at the moment. Hair still looking marginally better.

Will make 3 month before and after pics. Pointless comparing week to week.