Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its a good idea, you have to find your sweet spot, im on 1ml twice a day of 0,005% on topical without minoxidil (which i take, but in a different time) and im feeling good.im in the ninth month

my sides on oral were real and severe as well..

INT

Reaction score
I would recommend you to start with taking it only twice a week. I really really would... you want to avoid the dreaded saturation point and applying any amount of finasteride daily makes that very difficult.

INT

Reaction score
That would then be the equivalent of taking 0.016mg a day. 0.01mg was proven in some study (can't remember which) not to very effective.

You cannot see it like that. The 5 AR effect of finasteride does not care about the amount of finasteride per day. It is all about avoiding the saturation point whilst still keeping DHT inhibited. Someone on here has already tried what you are about to do and his blood tests showed that that experiment unfortunately failed. What I have not seen yet is someone topically microdosing only 2-3 times a week.

INT

Reaction score
I kinda agree. Finasteride inhibits the production of DHT by attaching itself to the 5 AR. This is turn takes 1-2 weeks to return.
No matter if you take it once a day or 3x a week. It’s about the average going into your body that’s important.

Now 0.033mg a day is still really not that much - I’ll stick with this and see what happens. 0.01mg is pretty ineffective even when taking daily according to studies so I don’t wish to go that low.

I urge you to read the first post in this thread.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...de-microdosing-as-additional-treatment.98373/

There you also see that there was a guy that did something similar you are about to do

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just dont see why people think crushed up finasteride tabs or powder is able to penetrate the skin in any solution.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because there is research saying as much.
Link it please? I would gladly do it myself if that is true. Its really hard to penetrate the skin with anything in general, which is why i dont see how powder that cannot even be dissolved in anything would be able to do that.

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Link it please? I would gladly do it myself if that is true. Its really hard to penetrate the skin with anything in general, which is why i dont see how powder that cannot even be dissolved in anything would be able to do that.

I can't speak to those studies, but my duta clearly states women shouldn't even handle the capsules, for the risk of getting the powder on their skin, it entering their bloodstream through it, and potentially causing deformities in their children.

I also know a bunch of people on this site make their own topical finasteride with the capsules.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no slow down in hair loss and no real side-effects. I have some tiredness but that's about it.

Upped the dosage from 0.033mg a day to 0.05mg a day. I doubt it's getting fully absorbed so this should help.

This study uses a much uses 0.22mg a day (for 1 week) with ~50% scalp DHT suppression and only ~25% serum DHT suppression. I'm not even on 1/4th of that so let's see what happens.

View attachment 132591
Isnt your dose laughable if 0.22mg only achieved 50% DHT supression on the scalp?
Is this the study that literally used crushed up finasteride pills in a solution to apply it topically?

INT

Reaction score
Isnt your dose laughable if 0.22mg only achieved 50% DHT supression on the scalp?
Is this the study that literally used crushed up finasteride pills in a solution to apply it topically?

Well 1 mg oral finasteride also only inhibits 64.1% of scalp DHT.

INT

Reaction score
No offense but i dont know why you just said that

Non taken. You said "Isnt your dose laughable if 0.22mg only achieved 50% DHT supression on the scalp?"

With my reply I wanted to show that that amount of scalp DHT suppresion is not that different from the standard oral dose and therefore not really laughable in terms of efficacy.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. 50% DHT reduction is not little by any means.
Heres what i meant: The guy is basically doing a experiment, trying to figure out if crushed up finasteride pills in a solution will do anything for his hairloss when applied topically.
My issue is, if 0.22mg "only" reduced scalp DHT by 50%, then most likely his dose (which is way, WAY lower) is not going to do anything. Theres not really much point in testing a treatment when your doses are so low they are virtually doing nothing.
Maybe i missed something but thats my conclusion looking at the doses from the study, and his dose

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. 50% DHT reduction is not little by any means.
Heres what i meant: The guy is basically doing a experiment, trying to figure out if crushed up finasteride pills in a solution will do anything for his hairloss when applied topically.
My issue is, if 0.22mg "only" reduced scalp DHT by 50%, then most likely his dose (which is way, WAY lower) is not going to do anything. Theres not really much point in testing a treatment when your doses are so low they are virtually doing nothing.
Maybe i missed something but thats my conclusion looking at the doses from the study, and his dose

Because 0.05mg taken orally is still effective.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But isnt the point of this entire thread using topical finasteride?
Im so confused

yes but there is no research on taking 0.05mg topically. Your guess is as good as mine. Only way to see if it’ll work for me is to try.
I’ve in the past taken .125mg twice a week and got sides so I want to start my dose very low.

Reactions: INT

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wash test:
Finasteride takes 3 months to really stop any shedding.

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 20.38.37.png