Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using 0.25mg topically as per that study for the last 2 months. Not had any sides or issues so far. It's the golden point as far as studies go.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using 0.25mg topically as per that study for the last 2 months. Not had any sides or issues so far. It's the golden point as far as studies go.
How do you prepare your topical solution? If you had 5 mL for example, and the solution was 0.025% (meaning 0.25mg per mL), you’d need 1.25 mg of finasteride in that 5mL solution. Maybe it’s better to just cut a fourth and administer it with ethanol or propylene glycol on the spot? Because who knows how stable the molecular structure remains in a homemade solution.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you prepare your topical solution? If you had 5 mL for example, and the solution was 0.025% (meaning 0.25mg per mL), you’d need 1.25 mg of finasteride in that 5mL solution. Maybe it’s better to just cut a fourth and administer it with ethanol or propylene glycol on the spot? Because who knows how stable the molecular structure remains in a homemade solution.

I just buy mine from minoxidilmax.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The solution should be sufficiently stable but if you're worried about that you can make it for 2-4 weeks worth.

To make it just get a pill crusher, throw it in the minoxidil liquid (rogaine/kirkland etc) and let it disolve.

You want to have 0.025mg/ml, such that for each daily application you apply 1ml. Therefore if each finasteride pill is 1mg, you want to crush exactly 1.5 pills, since 1.5mg/60ml = 0.025mg/ml. Simple.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The solution should be sufficiently stable but if you're worried about that you can make it for 2-4 weeks worth.

To make it just get a pill crusher, throw it in the minoxidil liquid (rogaine/kirkland etc) and let it disolve.

You want to have 0.025mg/ml, such that for each daily application you apply 1ml. Therefore if each finasteride pill is 1mg, you want to crush exactly 1.5 pills, since 1.5mg/60ml = 0.025mg/ml. Simple.
Does a intact, halph finasteride pill really dissolve in the minoxidil? Doesnt it just sit there endlessly?

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m honestly very surprised that
Does a intact, halph finasteride pill really dissolve in the minoxidil? Doesnt it just sit there endlessly?

The Finasteride dissolves in the minoxidil solution. The filler doesn’t - so you end up with a min and finasteride solution, but with some gunk in it from fillers.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no slow down in hair loss and no real side-effects. I have some tiredness but that's about it.

Upped the dosage from 0.033mg a day to 0.05mg a day. I doubt it's getting fully absorbed so this should help.

This study uses a much uses 0.22mg a day (for 1 week) with ~50% scalp DHT suppression and only ~25% serum DHT suppression. I'm not even on 1/4th of that so let's see what happens.

View attachment 132591
I am wondering how theyy measured scalp DHT in this study
Effects of a novel finasteride 0.25% topical solution on scalp and serum dihydrotestosterone in healthy men with androgenetic alopecia

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m honestly very surprised that

The Finasteride dissolves in the minoxidil solution. The filler doesn’t - so you end up with a min and finasteride solution, but with some gunk in it from fillers.
Sorry to ask all these questions, but how do you know that? Im not trying to debate it, i just want to understand and know its true, because then i would gladly do it myself. It sucks my oil-based dutasteride ran out 2 months ago. I would have used it like this.
Do you think i could just filter the residue/dust in the solution? Like with a coffee filter or something.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to ask all these questions, but how do you know that? Im not trying to debate it, i just want to understand and know its true, because then i would gladly do it myself. It sucks my oil-based dutasteride ran out 2 months ago. I would have used it like this.
Do you think i could just filter the residue/dust in the solution? Like with a coffee filter or something.

there’s a fair bit of research on the topic. Don’t have the papers to hand - try to just google it.
You can filter the bigger bits out - not so much the very small bits but it doesn’t really have a big impact anyway.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there’s a fair bit of research on the topic. Don’t have the papers to hand - try to just google it.
You can filter the bigger bits out - not so much the very small bits but it doesn’t really have a big impact anyway.
Oh i dont need "proof" from you. If you saw any kind of scientific or anecdotal evidence somewhere on the internet that this really works, i believe you. What i wanted to know was wether that belief was made up by you, or if you have reason to believe that its true. In my head, i thought that the finasteride will be stuck in those dust particles from the tablets. And those particles will never be able to penetrate the skin.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There is nothing state of the art about it, minoxidil liquid solution contains propylene glycol, water, and alcohol. Propylene glycol works as a delivery method (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/ links to three papers). All you are doing is turning the pills into a powder and letting it dissove in that solution. Another option is buying the powder version of finasteride if it's available to you (which doesn't have the filler the pills do).

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing state of the art about it, minoxidil liquid solution contains propylene glycol, water, and alcohol. Propylene glycol works as a delivery method (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/ links to three papers). All you are doing is turning the pills into a powder and letting it dissove in that solution. Another option is buying the powder version of finasteride if it's available to you (which doesn't have the filler the pills do).
Im not concerned about the delivery method. Im talking about the dust. I have tried dilluting crushed finasteride tabs in the past, and even after weeks of letting it sit in 3 different solutions, there was still alot of dust in it. And that dust will never penetrate the skin. But if the actual finasteride somehow can leave those dust particles and gets absorbed by the solution, thats a whole different story.
Thanks for the video though

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no sides 2 weeks on. I’d like to think my shedding has slowed but there are hit and miss days. I’d also like to say my hair has improved but it may just be the way it’s cut etc.
Will continue on 0.05mg a day.

I’m hesitant to do Bi-daily as liquid minoxidil is unattractive and I don’t want to sweat Finasteride on my face.
May consider upping to 0.066 daily next month.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with it! Like the idea. Do you think it would be fine to also add some zinc to the solution?

INT

Reaction score
Still no sides 2 weeks on. I’d like to think my shedding has slowed but there are hit and miss days. I’d also like to say my hair has improved but it may just be the way it’s cut etc.

I’m hesitant to do Bi-daily as liquid minoxidil is unattractive and I don’t want to sweat Finasteride on my face.

When did the side effects show up when you tried oral?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not convinced 0.05mg daily is going to do much if anything, but then again not seen studies comparing finasteride at those low levels.

I would be interested to see how scalp and blood dht compare between 0.05mg, 0.01mg and 0.02mg.

The Caserini paper compared 0.2275mg vs 0.455mg vs 0.6825mg vs 0.91mg vs 2.275mg, and suggested that the lower doses 0.2275mg and 0.455mg are the best candidates for further clinical development given the "appropriate inhibition of scalp DHT potentially minimizing the untoward sexual side-effects linked to a systemic DHT reduction". However nothing suggests lower doses - 0.1mg for example or even 0.05mg may not be even more favourable. Unfortunately we are still guinea pigs.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you look at the page 8 chart - scalp/serum ratio, which is the effective bang for your buck ratio i.e. it can be viewed as the potential reduction of hair loss (changes to scalp dht) per potential side effects (changes to blood dht).

It suggests the worst thing you can do out of all those options is the 1mg tablet and best is the 0.2275mg topical (which is the lowest dose they consider in the paper).

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continued slowdown in hairloss. Definitely been a few days only losing 5-6 hairs after a wash vs 30+.
I know even on 1mg I get odd sheds so I'm waiting for that.