Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This won't do anything for your hair. Even orally that dose is basically useless.
finasteride-dose-range.gif

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This won't do anything for your hair. Even orally that dose is basically useless.
View attachment 133881

That's not what that graphic shows.

What it shows is that oral intake if a single 0.04 mg dose has an impact.

The impact will be greater if it is taken once a day (think about it), and better targeted if applied topically.

Based on the above figure, we should expect a daily 0.04 mg oral dose to lead to a ~50% reduction in plasma DHT levels.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not what that graphic shows.

What it shows is that oral intake if a single 0.04 mg dose has an impact.

The impact will be greater if it is taken once a day (think about it), and better targeted if applied topically.

Based on the above figure, we should expect a daily 0.04 mg oral dose to lead to a ~50% reduction in plasma DHT levels.

You must be looking at a different chart than the one I posted.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's the very same chart.

It deals with single doses, not daily doses whose effects will add up.

"RESULTS:
Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495375

"CONCLUSION:
In this study, doses of finasteride as low as 0.2 mg per day maximally decreased both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. These data support the rationale used to conduct clinical trials in men with male pattern hair loss at doses of finasteride between 0.2 and 5 mg."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495374

Cutting 1mg tablets into quarters is fine, these ultra low doses are pretty much pointless, especially topically. This guy is basically taking the equivelant of a .01mg oral dose which is similar to placebo in the above study.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"RESULTS:
Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials."

"CONCLUSION:
In this study, doses of finasteride as low as 0.2 mg per day maximally decreased both scalp skin and serum DHT levels. These data support the rationale used to conduct clinical trials in men with male pattern hair loss at doses of finasteride between 0.2 and 5 mg."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495374

Cutting 1mg tablets into quarters is fine, these ultra low doses are pretty much pointless, especially topically. This guy is basically taking the equivelant of a .01mg oral dose which is similar to placebo in the above study.

Look at the graph, the 0.04 mg dose leads to levels of 50 ng/dl, compared to 60 for the placebo.

It may be consistent with a fluke in this study, but there were other studies showing the same thing, and probabilities add in quadrature.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the graph, the 0.04 mg dose leads to levels of 50 ng/dl, compared to 60 for the placebo.

It may be consistent with a fluke in this study, but there were other studies showing the same thing, and probabilities add in quadrature.

After one day it is 60, and then 2 days after the dose it went down to 50 so yes that could be a fluke. I'm not saying .05mg orally does not reduce DHT significantly, but it's not enough to make a difference for your hair. You need 60% serum DHT inhibition to do anything for hair loss.

Getting lost in this is the fact that a .04mg oral dose is about 400% more than what this guy is taking. .04mg oral will reduce DHT even though it's not enough to do anything for hair loss. .01mg will not even reduce DHT more than placebo. Neither dose will reduce it enough to grow hair. I'm quite confident that this guy's regimen will not bear fruit. If you think it will then stop using RU, and start taking .01mg of finasteride orally. It would be a lot safer.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
After one day it is 60, and then 2 days after the dose it went down to 50 so yes that could be a fluke. I'm not saying .05mg orally does not reduce DHT significantly, but it's not enough to make a difference for your hair. You need 60% serum DHT inhibition to do anything for hair loss.

Getting lost in this is the fact that a .04mg oral dose is about 400% more than what this guy is taking. .04mg oral will reduce DHT even though it's not enough to do anything for hair loss. .01mg will not even reduce DHT more than placebo. Neither dose will reduce it enough to grow hair. I'm quite confident that this guy's regimen will not bear fruit. If you think it will then stop using RU, and start taking .01mg of finasteride orally. It would be a lot safer.

1) It went down to 50 from a single dose. That means that taking a daily dose would reduce it further, by a substantial amount.

2) The 60% number that you quote is not supported.

3) 0.04 mg once is not 400% higher than 0.033 mg every day, it's actually lower.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) It went down to 50 from a single dose. That means that taking a daily dose would reduce it further, by a substantial amount.

2) The 60% number that you quote is not supported.

3) 0.04 mg once is not 400% higher than 0.033 mg every day, it's actually lower.

Nothing you've said has been supported.

I believe Polichem's topical finasteride study used about 3x the dose of oral finasteride, and the results were equivalent. So .033mg topical dose is equivalent to ~.01mg oral dose. So yes, in essence .04mg oral finasteride is nearly 400% more than .033mg topical finasteride.

One more time, with daily doses, efficacy was not demonstrated with doses under .2mg/day.

RESULTS:
Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing you've said has been supported.

I believe Polichem's topical finasteride study used about 3x the dose of oral finasteride, and the results were equivalent. So .033mg topical dose is equivalent to ~.01mg oral dose. So yes, in essence .04mg oral finasteride is nearly 400% more than .033mg topical finasteride.

One more time, with daily doses, efficacy was not demonstrated with doses under .2mg/day.

RESULTS:
Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials.

The paper that you linked to didn't test any doses between 0.01 and 0.20, and is thus not relevant. It also did not compare oral to topical doses.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The paper that you linked to didn't test any doses between 0.01 and 0.20, and is thus not relevant. It also did not compare oral to topical doses.

Ok dude, just take that one point out of context and ignore the other points that tie it all together. Good luck to you

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Polichem's topical finasteride study used about 3x the dose of oral finasteride, and the results were equivalent. So .033mg topical dose is equivalent to ~.01mg oral dose.

I don't think this is a valid claim. It could also be (and is most likely) finasteride plateauing between 1 mg and a higher dosage. There is no way one can solidly state there is a 1:3 effectiveness ratio between oral and topical, when topical finasteride has been shown to have similar effects on both serum and scalp DHT as oral finasteride at high concentration (i.e above 1mg a day) in the polichem study.

It was. Not only with oral doses but also with topical doses (cf. Mazzarella study - 0.10mg a day) :
  • Significant decrease in rate of hair loss in FNS group after 6 months of treatment;
  • Slight to marked reduction in balding areas in all FNS patients compared to baseline.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.03mg of finasteride wont do sh*t, since it will surpress your dht probably for not more than few minutes. It doesn't work like many people think, drugs half-life are based mostly on mg's dose. Even, if it hits bloodstream, 0.03mg will only tickle your dht levels.

INT

Reaction score
0.03mg of finasteride wont do sh*t, since it will surpress your dht probably for not more than few minutes. It doesn't work like many people think, drugs half-life are based mostly on mg's dose. Even, if it hits bloodstream, 0.03mg will only tickle your dht levels.

finasteride's half-life time doesn't mean sh*t.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just use topical dutasteride once a week.
It completely stopped my hair loss and the sides are completely tolerable compared to oral finasteride

You can also add mesotherapy every 2 months (dermapen 2mm) of dutasteride.

The key is not allowing systemic build up.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

INT

Reaction score
I would advise you to get educated.

Ahw, you are projecting. Cute.
Ok let's go over this together. Two questions for you.

How long is the half-life of finasteride?
For how long does finasteride keep 5AR and/or DHT inhibited?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just use topical dutasteride once a week.
It completely stopped my hair loss and the sides are completely tolerable compared to oral finasteride

(...)

The key is not allowing systemic build up.

Interesting.

• What's your dosage?
  • What are your sides?
  • How can you tell it is not allowing systemic build up?