Fibrosis & Calcification Reversal: Rob's Hypotheses & Theories

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rob just released a new paper "Self-Assessments of Standardized Scalp Massages for Androgenic Alopecia: Survey Results" with statistical analysis of effectiveness of the scalp massages he was advocating/selling the e-book for.

Seems the massages are working to some extent, but the amount of time one needs to invest to see results seems to be huge. The PDF is open access, meaning you can download the full paper here:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13555-019-0281-6

Opinions on this one?

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rob just released a new paper "Self-Assessments of Standardized Scalp Massages for Androgenic Alopecia: Survey Results" with statistical analysis of effectiveness of the scalp massages he was advocating/selling the e-book for.

Seems the massages are working to some extent, but the amount of time one needs to invest to see results seems to be huge. The PDF is open access, meaning you can download the full paper here:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13555-019-0281-6

Opinions on this one?
There was some discussion over it here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...lp-massages-for-androgenetic-alopecia.120182/

For me, the massages are supplemental. It takes a lot of time and effort to follow the massage protocol properly. I have aggressive hair loss so I hit it from multiple angles. I believe the massages can be beneficial for people who have minor hair loss but it wouldn't be enough for me personally to solely rely on massages alone. I do attribute my scalp health and hair quality to my use of specific shampoo/conditioner, diet, supplements, oiling and massages. Although, it would mean nothing to me without taking an anti-androgen to have hair for it to matter.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is not a single gene effect ,almost 200 gene are involved in androgenic alopecia.
So there will have no easy cure like a pill or one time solution. Medication + lifestyle changes+ massage is important to arrest or reverse male pattern baldness.
It is speculated that baldness could have evolved as a sign of maturity in older males. One hypothesis is that baldness could have been served as a deterrent for young women as not to mate with older men because they carry more mutations. It would have been helped to drive young women towards young men to maximize species success at individual cost of older males.

Tingi

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the morning and in the evening I ate the milk thistle seed in a sweet spoon. In one week the sebum decreased. These seeds contain luteolin and quercetin. They reduce PGD2. Slymarin also suppresses the expression of the androgen receptor and reduces sebum. NF KB inhibits inflammations such as .
It also decreases NADPH.
I tried dozens of things.
milk thistle seeds indispensable for me in tackling baldness.

slybin prevents calcification. seeds more effective , than capsules. milk thistle doesn't work as a capsule. should be taken as seeds. The capsules contain only slymarin.

Are you using the milk thistle seed whole or crushed? And if I seeds cook, will they still be effective? Thanks. (Excuse my English)

inmyhead

Reaction score
Seems to be working these days
No his theory sucks. male pattern baldness exists for ages and back then people were having children way earlier - at the age when male pattern baldness doesn't hit you yet.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
No his theory sucks. male pattern baldness exists for ages and back then people were having children way earlier - at the age when male pattern baldness doesn't hit you yet.
Men can be fertile till death ,if nature wants us to be fertile for all of life then women generally dont see old bald men from romantic POV? I think baldness might helped for some other reason but then it would have served as deterrent to nudge women toward young men. Baldness definitely had survival value ,If it didn't it would have been weeded out of the population.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Men can be fertile till death ,if nature wants us to be fertile for all of life then women generally dont see old bald men from romantic POV? I think baldness might helped for some other reason but then it would have served as deterrent to nudge women toward young men. Baldness definitely had survival value ,If it didn't it would have been weeded out of the population.

What about other genetic diseases? Why are they not weeded out of population?

Your way of thinking is too narrow. Way back then, woman had kids before they turned 20 and most of the time the husband was not their romantic lover, but the one their parents decided.

Also, there is connection between increased risk of heart disease and male pattern baldness. So your arguments such as "I think" are not valid.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first balding human should have been lined up and shot in the head, like the mange infected dog he looked like... READY.. AIM ...FIRE..

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first balding human should have been lined up and shot in the head, like the mange infected dog he looked like... READY.. AIM ...FIRE..
They didn't have guns in those times:)
And even if they did that a future mutations in population would have created same baldies again and again

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Baldness is typically an indicator of age, which is an indicator of long term survival, which is an indicator of robustness / health / good genes.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mutations happens all the time in species ,even if you kill all mutations in a species that species would still experience mutations as time lapses.

Guys it’s freaking fibrosis. Whatever is causing the fibrosis is is causing the hair to shrink.

More specifically the build up of elastic fiber bundles.

I invite you guys to look at the conversation chemhead and I have been having at this thread.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/oral-steroid-made-my-hair-grow-back-thicker.106598/

I summarize why I believe it’s fibrosis in the end of the thread.

It’s all one fat circle. Everything ties in with everything. We just need to determine the CAuse of fibrosis. The genetic mutation and turn it off.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Age vs % of men with noticeable hair loss (via American Hair Loss Association)

20 - 20%
30 - 25%
50 - 50%
60 - 66%
Something could increase DHT sensitivity of hair follicle. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen age and balding relationship. I think DHT sensitivity increases with age by some unknown mechanism. Something hidden variable is there. If scientists find that variable then hair regrowth would be a easy job.