Fibrosis & Calcification Reversal: Rob's Hypotheses & Theories

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe a lot of this is accurate, but wasn’t there a study where they transplanted follicles from balding regions and donor regions onto the patient’s arm, and found that the follicles from the balding areas continued to thin and fall out at the same rate as the other balding areas, but the donor area follicles continued to grow? This implies that the problem stays with the follicle. I wish I could find the study.

Synchronous balding of scalp and hair-bearing grafts of scalp transplanted to the skin of the arm in male pattern baldness
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._the_skin_of_the_arm_in_male_pattern_baldness

Ancient coments abou it
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ommon-baldness-att-mr-foote-or-friends.37646/

Last edited:

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose interesting. Great to see that. That does shoot holes in the theory. Am I confusing things, or wasn’t there also a study where balding hairs were transplanted in an arm, and they actually grew normally again?

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Synchronous balding of scalp and hair-bearing grafts of scalp transplanted to the skin of the arm in male pattern baldness
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._the_skin_of_the_arm_in_male_pattern_baldness

Ancient coments abou it
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ommon-baldness-att-mr-foote-or-friends.37646/

Thanks for digging that up. There seems to be conflicting studies, and I’m surprised there aren’t more studies based on that idea. I mean, isn’t that one of the biggest questions around male pattern baldness? I’d like to see a study with transplanted hair from a balding region to a donor region. It would be interesting to see what happens.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too surprised, but all is posible in science ;)

BTW, do you know that androgens are present in scalp hair a lot years before puberty? why are not clear studies about it? Maybe for conflicting issues with the current theory?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the use of leech's to reverse fibrosis & calcification? If the fabrosis theory is correct couldn't we just stick a couple of leeches on our bald scalps until the blood flow was established and veins regrown? It would certainly be a lot quicker than derma rolling.

"A few physicians, however, saw that leeches might play a special role in certain kinds of surgery, by helping promote blood flow to damaged tissue. That’s because when leeches bite a victim, their unique saliva causes blood flow to increase and prevents clotting. As a result, once bitten, victims can bleed for hours, allowing oxygenated blood to enter the wound area until veins re-grow and regain circulation."

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the use of leech's to reverse fibrosis & calcification? If the fabrosis theory is correct couldn't we just stick a couple of leeches on our bald scalps until the blood flow was established and veins regrown? It would certainly be a lot quicker than derma rolling.

"A few physicians, however, saw that leeches might play a special role in certain kinds of surgery, by helping promote blood flow to damaged tissue. That’s because when leeches bite a victim, their unique saliva causes blood flow to increase and prevents clotting. As a result, once bitten, victims can bleed for hours, allowing oxygenated blood to enter the wound area until veins re-grow and regain circulation."
You first...

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score

Very interesting. How well would the skin heal tho

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can tell you would need your head bandaging for a couple of days but after that it looks like an mozi bite then disappears after a week.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too surprised, but all is posible in science ;)

BTW, do you know that androgens are present in scalp hair a lot years before puberty? why are not clear studies about it? Maybe for conflicting issues with the current theory?

We tend to have allot more estrogen before puberty as well. Something that protects us from the "dangers" of androgens in the hair.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would need 100% guarantee that I would have major regrowth before my girlfriend catches me with leeches on my head lol.
I have looked and found absolutely no evidence that it works, there are a few videos on YouTube about the procedure but non with results. However if the fibrosis & calcification reversal theory is correct then I would have expected to see something. The procedure is more popular in places like India where you can also buy Leech oil made of real leeches apparently.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hard time understanding this, if we increases blood flow we increase DHT also . how could it helps to increase hair? It is bullshit

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have hard time understanding this, if we increases blood flow we increase DHT also . how could it helps to increase hair? It is bullshit

more blood flow is more nutrients going up there, plus blood renewal. I remember from hairloss congress, one researcher(can't remember who) said there was a lack of competition for dht arround the hair follicle, which increased inflammation plus pgd2 increasing and so on. that's a theory though

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
more blood flow is more nutrients going up there, plus blood renewal. I remember from hairloss congress, one researcher(can't remember who) said there was a lack of competition for dht arround the hair follicle, which increased inflammation plus pgd2 increasing and so on. that's a theory though
Then blood thinners And lipid lowering drugs would have worked for alopecia. I mean if you thin blood it can flows more in capillaries of scalp,is isn't it. People with blood group O rh have thinnest blood but they bald like others .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup + it's weird that DHT is actually benefitial for hair on other parts of our body.
DHT is not same in every body tissue . it is concentration of it which matters most. In balding scalp it is three times more concentrated than elsewhere, which could make it toxic for susceptible hairs and surrounding tissue.
Androgen receptors concentration is also important ,it could be that during fetal development the AR gene distribution fake place which after puberty make difference. Assessment of androgen receptor density if scalp of prepubescent boys and later tracking them in adulthood could give us more understanding of why androgen receptors increases in balding scalp and why dht concentration is all higher there.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then blood thinners And lipid lowering drugs would have worked for alopecia. I mean if you thin blood it can flows more in capillaries of scalp,is isn't it. People with blood group O rh have thinnest blood but they bald like others .

dunno really that's just a theory. but look at the title of this thread, if this "blood flow" theory is correct (who knows?) it’s also a problem of calcification and fibrosis and advancement of the hairloss. even with the best blood circulation in the world(again) if your scalp is completely done(fibrosis/calcification)no hairs will grow. That’s why wounding might help and actually shows it's helpful for some guys(see thread)