Favorite bald compliments

Nene

Reaction score
I was once watching the news with a former female co worker. The news anchor was bald, and she said he wasn't hot because he was bald. Another of my female coworkers chimmed in that all men would look like that eventually, but she said she would found one who wouldn't. She then said her father was bald just like the anchor. So having a bald father doesn't necessarily make a girl more understanding.

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The few compliments I've received pale in comparison to the insults. Going bald sucks - there is nothing positive or reaffirming about this, that is the reality. It's an embarrassing, humiliating experience that corrodes the soul. I put on a strong face and go to work everyday and smile when people scowl at me dealing with life but my soul remains tormented. If you want positivity to the point of denial then SBG.

SBG? I ran away from that site about as soon as I discovered it. I agree with the sentiment that many of you guys on these boards have, which is that SBG takes it way over the top, refusing to acknowledge any sort of negative aspect of hair loss. They take it a bit far, and IMO are living in some kind of bizarre denial.

So I'd like to ask you, where in any post I have made on here have I been seeking positivity to the point of denial?

And you still failed to answer the question of who you're helping by wallowing around in your own self pity. Because it isn't you. And it isn't your fellow balding men who take the sh*t you spew out as the gospel.

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
seb said:
buckeyeblitz said:
It's one thing to look for support on here, and I don't see the harm in occasionally venting some (valid) frustrations, but the amount of wallowing in pity on here is absolutely ridiculous, especially for those of you who are older.

I'm sure you will have some comeback telling me I don't know what it's like, and how you look way worse than anybody else. It's f****ing pathetic. Put your shoulders up like a grown man, go to work, make some f****ing friends, find a hobby or something that your interested and start enjoying your lives.

It's almost like your more apt to come under fire from posters on these boards for trying to be positive or willing to try to improve outlooks.

The thread was meant to be devoted towards nice things you hear from other people about hair recession/diffusion/baldness. But to no surprise, half of the comments are backhanded, sarcastic, and essentially the exact opposite for what was called for.

It's not my intention to act like a forum nazi here, but I don't think it's asking too much to make posts pertinent to the topic at hand, rather than ones to completely undermine the goal of the thread.

Do you ever for a second stop to think about if the regular posters on here would show a little leadership in posting any sort of *support* rather than constant negative comments that only serve to solidify the negative thinking patterns that we easily get stuck in as men dealing with hair loss? Who are we really serving here?

Ok Mary Poppins.

Excellent reply, I can see your litigating skills are about as strong as your resolve.

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:
One response I get that tends to ease my anxiety is when a girl tells me that her father is bald, too. Secretly I do not feel that is a compliment to my own appearance, but I do appreciate the connection that she makes between my "problem" and perhaps the most important man in her life and the effort of identifying with me.

That's a good point.

Nene said:
I was once watching the news with a former female co worker. The news anchor was bald, and she said he wasn't hot because he was bald. Another of my female coworkers chimmed in that all men would look like that eventually, but she said she would found one who wouldn't. She then said her father was bald just like the anchor. So having a bald father doesn't necessarily make a girl more understanding.

*sad violin music*

That's exactly what I was referring to earlier in this thread. Someone posts something positive (which believe it or not, doesn't equate to delusional), and then one of the "more experienced" posters comes in and shoots it down and scorns you for challenging their dogmatic idea that baldness is the worst thing ever. For a bunch of posters that grill the media and women and society, you sure do drink the kool aid just as hard as anybody.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel pretty good having never had a 'bald compliment.' My mate always used to say I was receding and laugh but he's referring to my natural forehead size, as my actual recession has been pretty well covered; I've just been the guy with the shite hair. I'd probably have gotten over it (who can say) if I didn't know something could be done about it, but I have options, so living a more reserved life until it's sorted seems fine to me. If it was impossible to sort out, I'd be pretty down.

Nene

Reaction score
buckeyeblitz said:
Captain Obvious said:
One response I get that tends to ease my anxiety is when a girl tells me that her father is bald, too. Secretly I do not feel that is a compliment to my own appearance, but I do appreciate the connection that she makes between my "problem" and perhaps the most important man in her life and the effort of identifying with me.

That's a good point.

Nene said:

*sad violin music*

That's exactly what I was referring to earlier in this thread. Someone posts something positive (which believe it or not, doesn't equate to delusional), and then one of the "more experienced" posters comes in and shoots it down and scorns you for challenging their dogmatic idea that baldness is the worst thing ever. For a bunch of posters that grill the media and women and society, you sure do drink the kool aid just as hard as anybody.

I was just responding to someone who said they feel more comfortable when a girl says her father is bald. Sometimes this may not mean that the girl is more understanding about baldness. Thats all I'm saying, not trying to be positivie or negative. If you see my earlier post, it was positive about getting my head rubbed so don't get your panties in such a bunch.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Sometimes this may not mean that the girl is more understanding about baldness.

A girl cannot be understanding of baldness, not unless she is one of those poor girls who have female hairloss. Otherwise, you should never expect a woman to fully understand what you're going through.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
buckeyeblitz said:
uncomfortable man said:
The few compliments I've received pale in comparison to the insults. Going bald sucks - there is nothing positive or reaffirming about this, that is the reality. It's an embarrassing, humiliating experience that corrodes the soul. I put on a strong face and go to work everyday and smile when people scowl at me dealing with life but my soul remains tormented. If you want positivity to the point of denial then SBG.

SBG? I ran away from that site about as soon as I discovered it. I agree with the sentiment that many of you guys on these boards have, which is that SBG takes it way over the top, refusing to acknowledge any sort of negative aspect of hair loss. They take it a bit far, and IMO are living in some kind of bizarre denial.

So I'd like to ask you, where in any post I have made on here have I been seeking positivity to the point of denial?

And you still failed to answer the question of who you're helping by wallowing around in your own self pity. Because it isn't you. And it isn't your fellow balding men who take the sh*t you spew out as the gospel.
Of the few real bald guys on this forum, maybe two aren't as bothered by it as the rest. But most of us who are actually bald all agree that it sucks balls. Me, SAF, dudemon, hat prisoner, seb etc. can all relate to eachother and commiserate here on the HairLossTalk.com impact and I ask you what is wrong with that?

Nene

Reaction score
To be fair, he was trying to make a more positive thread. You can always be negative on a more negative thread.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fair enough. So when some nw3 visits one of my negative threads and tries to tell be being bald isn't so bad I can respectfully ask him to gtfo? deal. But most of time when people try and compliment a bald guy they do it to be polite, out of pitty and are rarely genuine.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Fair enough. So when some nw3 visits one of my negative threads and tries to tell be being bald isn't so bad I can respectfully ask him to gtfo? deal. But most of time when people try and compliment a bald guy they do it to be polite, out of pitty and are rarely genuine.

Over here in the UK, there is a 'type' of woman that goes for the really manly type bald/ shaven headed guy. They always go on about how the pretty hairy headed boys aren't real men (I too cannot stand the pouty polished male look.) However, they're the sort of women who would get annoyed at the idea of a hair transplant/ medication etc though, because ''men should be men.'' Not my type of woman but they do exist.

seb

Reaction score
stableforehead said:
uncomfortable man said:

Over here in the UK, there is a 'type' of woman that goes for the really manly type bald/ shaven headed guy. They always go on about how the pretty hairy headed boys aren't real men (I too cannot stand the pouty polished male look.) However, they're the sort of women who would get annoyed at the idea of a hair transplant/ medication etc though, because ''men should be men.'' Not my type of woman but they do exist.

Yes your right.Usually single mothers,and older women(married especially).Not many professional women in their 20s/30s are going too be attracted too a big,bald,shiny head.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Stable there is a kind of yingyang effect where in my experience, the petite, quiet little pretty girls are attracted to the big, rugged guys with muscles and maybe less facial beauty and hair, while the bigger, louder, more dominating and masculine girls are attracted to the more feminine, pretty boy-type guys, with the cute face and cool hairstyle.

Both sides compensating for each other. Not saying it happens all the time, but definitely a lot of the time from what I can see.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sweeping generalizations..... :shakehead:

Maybe the girls who like bald guys are just girls who are less superficial and they come from all types.

There are guys out there who like big women 300lb+ but I doubt thats much consolation to most fat women.

There are also some women/girls who like much older guys but they generally have ..... issues. :whistle:

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Sweeping generalizations..... :shakehead:

Maybe the girls who like bald guys are just girls who are less superficial and they come from all types.

There are guys out there who like big women 300lb+ but I doubt thats much consolation to most fat women.

There are also some women/girls who like much older guys but they generally have ..... issues. :whistle:

Sweeping generalisations? :woot: Speak for yourself SAF!

I never said anything about 300lb women... and no of course you can't be a really fat/skinny bald guy and expect girls to fall into your lap either :shakehead: but generally smaller petite girls do prefer bigger, more masculine men to protect them and make them feel secure, they don't need a pretty boy, they're pretty enough themselves already.

Bigger less pretty girls, by that I mean the louder, more dominating ones, not obese ones!!! want prettier guys to compensate for their lack of good looks, they don't need a man to protect them.

This dynamic is pretty common, not some weird fetish as you try to suggest.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Primo said:
but generally smaller petite girls do prefer bigger, more masculine men to protect them and make them feel secure, they don't need a pretty boy, they're pretty enough themselves already.

Bigger less pretty girls, by that I mean the louder, more dominating ones, not obese ones!!! want prettier guys to compensate for their lack of good looks, they don't need a man to protect them.

This dynamic is pretty common, not some weird fetish as you try to suggest.

No proof of this whatsoever. :thumbdown2:
There is no set laws to physical attraction. People of all shapes and sizes have different tastes and mindsets.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
The only thing that makes these women a 'type' is their taste in men, I never meant a specific type of woman. I do notice a fair amount of women who do seem to go for these type of men and they are the sort that do tend to look down on men who like look after themselves cosmetically.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I still think the type of women you are talking about still want that idealized alpha male, just rugged around the edges. Both types of women are looking for the same guy, just dressed up and dressed down versions. Neither of which include a tall skinny white bald guy. :(

Nene

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Sometimes in a negative thread, a few posters are overly positive and it's annoying. On the other hand, I can see the point in a positive thread and the op trying to keep it positive. However, I can't see the point of someone intentionally trying to keep a thread depression, when there might be some genuinely positive aspects. In other words, it's good for people to be positive, but never really good to be negative, although I do think we should be realistic, e.g.. not like slybaldguys.

Nene

Reaction score
For example, I think this thread is a good positive thread, and I tried to express somethign positive about having a shaved head. However, I also expressed that some women who have bald family members still dont' like baldness, I was simply recognizing the truth, not trying to make a positive thread negative for no apparent reason like many of the posters here did.