Favorite bald compliments

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
Between all of the plentiful negative and disheartening comments I get on my hair loss, I occasionally get a comment on it that I appreciate. So, my question to you guys is, if someone HAS to say something about your hair loss, what would you prefer them to say about it? I think we would all just rather not hear anything about it at all, but if someone has to open their trap, what do you prefer to hear?

I personally like the occasional "You know, it really isn't that bad man" (only if said genuinely)

or "it makes you look more clean cut"

I would love to hear the "it looks badass" compliment, but so far I haven't heard that one. Guess my features aren't masculine enough.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
"You look nuts". Nuts in this country can mean bad-***/hardcore but it can also mean that 'you look like you are going to set off a bomb in here' too! So, I'll pretend he meant it in the badass way ;)

"Brings out your eyes" is another one I received.

And "It really looks good".

All these were from men though. :gay:

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
hiya said:
"You look nuts". Nuts in this country can mean bad-***/hardcore but it can also mean that 'you look like you are going to set off a bomb in here' too! So, I'll pretend he meant it in the badass way ;)

"Brings out your eyes" is another one I received.

And "It really looks good".

All these were from men though. :gay:

Ahhh, I forgot the eyes one. I think being bald or having short hair does bring out people's eyes.

Haha, oh well about your compliments coming from guys! I figure what looks good to them should look good to women too.

Reaction score
We tell our dad:

"You look like a newborn.. .. just starting to grow his hair."

And we hug him tight and assure him that we love him. :punk:

seb

Reaction score
Oh theres so many its hard too pick a stand out one,so here is a few:
"I wouldn't like too meet you on a dark night"
"You will never get a job,you are too intimidating looking"
"Are you a bouncer"
"Youre scary looking"
"You will never get a girlfriend"
"You look like the back end of a bus"
"White trash"
As you can see,I get compliments aplenty...I can't recall having any negative comments thrown at me. :jackit:

slipy

Reaction score
seb you probably look a lot like the singer from Dry Kill Logic. i'm suprised people have the balls to give you crap.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
seb said:
"Are you a bouncer"
"Youre scary looking"
"White trash"
As you can see,I get compliments aplenty...I can't recall having any negative comments thrown at me. :jackit:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
seb have you had a girlfriend?

sylent

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my uncle went sly, and obviously I didnt know it was because of baldness. I thought it looked badass, told him it was really cool, and that he looked like Stone Cold Steve Austin because he also grew out the goatee. It seemed to make him feel good, so I'm sure any compliment from a kid is great, since they are completley honest about everything. My uncle has been sly with the goat for 10 years or so now, and he is everything a confident bald guy should be. Hes stayed in shape, and it really looks good on him.

My other uncle, not so much. Hes a diffuse NW4, and hes still growing out the sides and the little hairs he has on the top of his head. It looks terrible, I wish he would shave it. He also seems to be a hat prisoner. He was a really vain, and had a huge ego, so I'd say baldness hit him really hard.

seb

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
seb said:
"Are you a bouncer"
"Youre scary looking"
"White trash"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
seb have you had a girlfriend?

Yes I have had a girlfriend. :)

seb

Reaction score
sylent said:
When I was a kid, my uncle went sly, and obviously I didnt know it was because of baldness. I thought it looked badass, told him it was really cool, and that he looked like Stone Cold Steve Austin because he also grew out the goatee. It seemed to make him feel good, so I'm sure any compliment from a kid is great, since they are completley honest about everything. My uncle has been sly with the goat for 10 years or so now, and he is everything a confident bald guy should be. Hes stayed in shape, and it really looks good on him.

My other uncle, not so much. Hes a diffuse NW4, and hes still growing out the sides and the little hairs he has on the top of his head. It looks terrible, I wish he would shave it. He also seems to be a hat prisoner. He was a really vain, and had a huge ego, so I'd say baldness hit him really hard.

I also look like Stone Cold,although it doesn't make me feel good,only embarrassed.

seb

Reaction score
slipy said:
seb you probably look a lot like the singer from Dry Kill Logic. i'm suprised people have the balls to give you crap.

I see the logic of your thinking,although the bigger you are,the more of a challenge you are(also perceived as a threat),thus people constantly test me out too see if I am as "tough" as I look.
My belief is most blokes are pussies deep down(certainly the ones that give it the "big un").Not too sound arrogant,but in my adult life I have yet too meet a man who starts on me for no reason that backs up his mouth with actions.I suppose at 34 there is still time. :shock:

Nene

Reaction score
I had a buzzed head for a few years and I loved when cute girls would rub it after a fresh buzz. Not really a compliment, but it's my favorite thing when I'm bald, lol.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
seb said:
"Are you a bouncer"
"Youre scary looking"
"White trash"

Seb, you gotta start doing verbal slams at these assaults:
S: Dude, dont go about mugging people in dark nights...thats just wrong

S: Nah, not all jobs require sissies.

"Are you a bouncer"
S: No, I'm a bounty hunter.

"Youre scary looking"
S: Thank you

S: Nah, not all women are looking for sissies.

S: F*** I must be getting weak, I used to look like the front end of a tank.

:woot:

barcafan

Reaction score
having all that sh*t planned out and running it through your head makes you look like such a loser and a mental midget

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
fact is, we don't look normal bald and white at the same time.

we basically look like freaks, we need to find something to say when people say things to us.

tbh even if i had an asymetrical face but had hair, i'd still look more normal and socially approachable, its too bad i have become sub-human leper/social periah like this.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You have the luxury of living inside your own head and over thinking things too much. If you had to go to work or school or anything in the real world it would expose you to reality and change your perspective.

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
It's one thing to look for support on here, and I don't see the harm in occasionally venting some (valid) frustrations, but the amount of wallowing in pity on here is absolutely ridiculous, especially for those of you who are older.

I'm sure you will have some comeback telling me I don't know what it's like, and how you look way worse than anybody else. It's f*****g pathetic. Put your shoulders up like a grown man, go to work, make some f*****g friends, find a hobby or something that your interested and start enjoying your lives.

It's almost like your more apt to come under fire from posters on these boards for trying to be positive or willing to try to improve outlooks.

The thread was meant to be devoted towards nice things you hear from other people about hair recession/diffusion/baldness. But to no surprise, half of the comments are backhanded, sarcastic, and essentially the exact opposite for what was called for.

It's not my intention to act like a forum nazi here, but I don't think it's asking too much to make posts pertinent to the topic at hand, rather than ones to completely undermine the goal of the thread.

Do you ever for a second stop to think about if the regular posters on here would show a little leadership in posting any sort of *support* rather than constant negative comments that only serve to solidify the negative thinking patterns that we easily get stuck in as men dealing with hair loss? Who are we really serving here?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The few compliments I've received pale in comparison to the insults. Going bald sucks - there is nothing positive or reaffirming about this, that is the reality. It's an embarrassing, humiliating experience that corrodes the soul. I put on a strong face and go to work everyday and smile when people scowl at me dealing with life but my soul remains tormented. If you want positivity to the point of denial then SBG.

seb

Reaction score
buckeyeblitz said:
It's one thing to look for support on here, and I don't see the harm in occasionally venting some (valid) frustrations, but the amount of wallowing in pity on here is absolutely ridiculous, especially for those of you who are older.

I'm sure you will have some comeback telling me I don't know what it's like, and how you look way worse than anybody else. It's f****ing pathetic. Put your shoulders up like a grown man, go to work, make some f****ing friends, find a hobby or something that your interested and start enjoying your lives.

It's almost like your more apt to come under fire from posters on these boards for trying to be positive or willing to try to improve outlooks.

The thread was meant to be devoted towards nice things you hear from other people about hair recession/diffusion/baldness. But to no surprise, half of the comments are backhanded, sarcastic, and essentially the exact opposite for what was called for.

It's not my intention to act like a forum nazi here, but I don't think it's asking too much to make posts pertinent to the topic at hand, rather than ones to completely undermine the goal of the thread.

Do you ever for a second stop to think about if the regular posters on here would show a little leadership in posting any sort of *support* rather than constant negative comments that only serve to solidify the negative thinking patterns that we easily get stuck in as men dealing with hair loss? Who are we really serving here?

Ok Mary Poppins.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
One response I get that tends to ease my anxiety is when a girl tells me that her father is bald, too. Secretly I do not feel that is a compliment to my own appearance, but I do appreciate the connection that she makes between my "problem" and perhaps the most important man in her life and the effort of identifying with me.