Fantasy Football (soccer for the Americans)

Cassin

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Cassin, how is your team going? Have you managed to get your lads into formation?

I'm making a bunch of changes tonight or tomorrow morning. How do I use my wild card?

I can make unlimited changes once if I do that right?

ali777

Reaction score
I've just made a transfer to see how it works. Basically, you make your transfers and towards the end it asks you to confirm, etc.. one of the options is to play wild card. According to the rules wild card gives you 1 week of free transfers, so I suppose once you play the wild card, you keep it until the end of the week.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Will it expire once the games kick off? For example, if you use your wild card on a Monday, will you get free transfer until next Monday or will it expire on Saturday at 11:30 no matter when you use it.

So let’s say cassin used it today, Friday, will it expire tomorrow 11:30 or next Friday?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
If thats the case I should wait until kickoff so I get a full week. I'm not going to burn it tonight.

Yea. I may be completely wrong, but no need to risk unless someone here knows otherwise. You can at least get your formation done. I think Rooney will have a good game this weekend after all the stick he keeps getting.

Cassin

Reaction score
alrighty...3-4-3...lets see how this works and I will make some changes based on all of your advice next week with my wild card. I play to move about 4 to 5 players.

ali777

Reaction score
I presume a wild card is valid for one transfer week, in other words it will expire on saturday morning.

It doesn't really matter if you use it on monday or friday as long as you know what changes you are going to make. It's not like the transfer market is going to change from monday to friday.

I'm playing 5-2-3 this week, because I have only 2 midfielders fit or starting :(

ali777

Reaction score
What a crap week...

I'm very disappointed with my team this week.

Sean68

Reaction score
Cassin said:
alrighty...3-4-3...lets see how this works and I will make some changes based on all of your advice next week with my wild card. I play to move about 4 to 5 players.

youve put rooney on the bench!

Rooney%20fitness%20doubt%20for%20world%20cup%20(2).JPG

hes not happy. :)

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
am i allowed to replace osman for krancjar (who may play against united today) even though osman has already played this weekend? is that cheating or will it cost me points?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I doubt it. Most fantasy game follow a weekly calender to avoid such things.

hmm,well its allowed me to move him onto the team sheet,i just dunno whether to leave him on and risk getting deducted points.

Cassin

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
Cassin said:
I doubt it. Most fantasy game follow a weekly calender to avoid such things.

hmm,well its allowed me to move him onto the team sheet,i just dunno whether to leave him on and risk getting deducted points.

I'm the last person that should be talking...forget I said anything.

hah

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can try but I think Cassin is right. I don't think the transfer will cost you anything, I just don't think he will score points until next Saturday. But I may be wrong.

I have only ever played fantasy football once before this and it was with the Daily Telegraph about 5 years ago. To make a transfer I had to do it by post. hahahahaha. I only made one transfer all season.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Also, does anyone know when Fabregas is due to return from injury?

i think he could play against newcastle,if not then def week after.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah ok, thanks guys.

Here is the table for week 2.

[attachment=0:26qx9o3y]League Table.JPG[/attachment:26qx9o3y]

Attachments

• League Table.JPG
    League Table.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 325