Fantasy Football (soccer for the Americans)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Hey how long do I have to set my roster with unlimited transfers?

I will have my final team by Friday night. Just to make sure.

Hans Gruber said:
chelsea to make 'major announcement' at 5pm!

kaka? robinho?

Frank Lampard contract :agree:

My team is almost ready...

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah getting close now. does anyone know how or if you can view other players' teams on the website?

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Am i too late to register a team? I'd have to wait till this evening when i'm home from work.

Do I join the HairLossTalk.com league?

Cheers!

ali777

Reaction score
Re: Fantasy Football

dimitar_berbagod said:
Am i too late to register a team? I'd have to wait till this evening when i'm home from work.

Do I join the HairLossTalk.com league?

Cheers!

1. register and create your team.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/info.mc

2. Join a league
optimus prime said:
I have created a league. It’s called HairLossTalk.com League. We can change the name anytime.

The code to join is, 175388-41662

PS: what are you gonna do about your nickname if berbagod moves to the republic of mancunia?

Sean68

Reaction score
they need to get it sorted pretty quickly if im to have in my team. ive already got three spurs players so unless he joins us by tomorrow
ill have to go with jo at man city.

i do think the deal will go through eventually. i dont think fergie wants to pay over the odds especially to spurs who always get top whack for their players (especially when selling to us) good on em from a fans point of view but i think £25 million is a fair price for him.

id hate to support spurs - theyre a big club who can attract really good young players who arent quite proven and theyre always willing to take a gamble on them when the top four arent willing to. then as soon as they show they can cut it at the big level the big clubs swoop in. i can understand why they demand as much as they can.

Cassin

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
they need to get it sorted pretty quickly if im to have in my team. ive already got three spurs players so unless he joins us by tomorrow
ill have to go with jo at man city.

i do think the deal will go through eventually. i dont think fergie wants to pay over the odds especially to spurs who always get top whack for their players (especially when selling to us) good on em from a fans point of view but i think £25 million is a fair price for him.

id hate to support spurs - theyre a big club who can attract really good young players who arent quite proven and theyre always willing to take a gamble on them when the top four arent willing to. then as soon as they show they can cut it at the big level the big clubs swoop in. i can understand why they demand as much as they can.

I bet its done by tomorrow night.

What happens if it does happen since I have three United players already? Am I forced to drop one?

If so, goodbye van der Sar ....I was thinking of going with Foster but I guess I can't do that.

Sean68

Reaction score
yes mate i think so. itll take you over the limit. im surprised you havent gone for brad friedel man hes one of the best in the world.hes just signed for villa who should have a good season.

i bet/hope its done by tomorrow too. itll still probably be too late to see him against newcastle on sunday. im going to the game and wanted to see him play! im going back to university next month and funds are gonna be a bit tight so i wont get to see too many.

Cassin

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
yes mate i think so. itll take you over the limit. im surprised you havent gone for brad friedel man hes one of the best in the world.hes just signed for villa who should have a good season.

i bet/hope its done by tomorrow too. itll still probably be too late to see him against newcastle on sunday. im going to the game and wanted to see him play! im going back to university next month and funds are gonna be a bit tight so i wont get to see too many.

Thanks for the heads up...I will look into him.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[attachment=0:2i1b5z5q]Team.JPG[/attachment:2i1b5z5q]

Ok, this is my line up.

Richards – Man City’s defence might be shaky this season, but Mark Hughes’ teams always do well defensively.

Bentley – Takes the set pieces (so far anyway). Players that take free kicks and corners always score well. Lampard, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Fabregas.

Anelka – A really good pre-season. Knows the premiership well and with Drogba out injured I hope scores well.

Bent – Also a brilliant pre-season and lots of premiership experience. Spurs are low on strikers with Keane gone. Here is hoping.

Scharner – He actually plays both midfield and defence. So as a defender I hope he scores well like he has done in the past.

Smith – Depends where Keegan plays him, but with Owen out injured, he may play up front more than expected. Then again he might not play at all.

Attachments

• Team.JPG
    Team.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 131

Cassin

Reaction score
optimus prime...catch any more sign ups? I'm keeping it up until tomorrow...guess I need to take it down about 9 pm on your side of the pond time, 3 central time us.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
PS: what are you gonna do about your nickname if berbagod moves to the republic of mancunia?
----------------------------------

I dunno yet . Will probably change my user name to another player... ..Modric or something!

In response to Sean68 supporting Spurs can be a right pain in the a**e. We have to take a gamble on players who we hope will push us forward because we know we can't attract players at the moment who want Champions League footy. It's very frustrating every time we have a class player, one of the sinister 4 always come sniffing (Sol, Carrick, Keane, Berbatov), so we need to hope our gambles pay off, which till now they haven't. With the increasing gap between the CL teams and the rest of the league breaking the top 4 is becoming more difficult for the likes of Spurs, Everton, Villa, Man City etc. It's a shame (for me anyway) as the league has become quite dull and predictable.

I will have to post my team when I get a chance cos I have been very busy with work lately.
Cheers

Cassin

Reaction score
I think I'm rolling with this

[Everton]
Dream team
1: Howard
(C)

Dream team

Dream team
[Everton]
Dream team
2: Neville

[West Brom]
Dream team
3: Meite

Dream team

[Newcastle]
Dream team
4: N'Zogbia

[Bolton]
Dream team
5: O'Brien A
[Fulham]
Dream team
6: Dempsey

[Man City]
Dream team
7: Petrov

Dream team

[Tottenham]
Dream team
8: Bentley

[Middlesbrough]
Dream team
9: Downing

Dream team

[Man Utd]
Dream team
10: Tevez

Dream team

[Tottenham]
Dream team
11: Berbatov

Dream team

[Aston Villa]
Dream team
12: Friedel
Goalkeeper

[Aston Villa]
Dream team
13: Young L
Defender

[Fulham]
Dream team
14: Murphy
Midfielder

[Man Utd]
Dream team
15: Rooney
Forward

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's one hell of a strike force cassin. Will you play 3-4-3?

Scoring
During the season, the fantasy football players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in the matches. Only official Barclays Premier League games are included.

The Points will be calculated using data provided to us by the Press Association. Neither we nor the Press Association will enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this data.

Action Points
For playing in a game 1
For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
For each goal scored by your forwards 4
For each goal assist 3
For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
For every 3 shot saves made by your goalkeeper 1
For every penalty save 5
For every penalty miss -2
Bonus points for the best players in a match 1-3
For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
For every yellow card -1
For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3

If a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.