Fantasy Football (soccer for the Americans)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lets play. English Premier League. We have a month to select our players. Those who are interested, maybe we can get 10 or so members, and start our own league.

I’m sure there are a few football fans here, berba god, cassin, ghg..etc You also don’t have to be full of knowledge, this woman at my brother’s work who knows jack-sh*t about football came second…..sad day for my brother.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/info.mc

Hayley

Reaction score
Re: Fantasy Football

optimus prime said:
You also don’t have to be full of knowledge, this woman at my brother’s work who knows jack-s*** about football came second…..sad day for my brother.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/info.mc
I'll vouch for that cos last year i made up a team and ended up winning my league :woot:

Sean68

Reaction score

Cassin said:
My knowledge is basic at best and not much history behind it.

honestly thats the best way. ive spent hours agonising over it and wondering which new signings are worth buying and ive followed it for years - my mum got more points than me last year! :smack:

...to be fair to me florent malouda looked a great buy and i didnt know elano and petrov were any good :roll:

cassin your favourite newspaper does one as well. you can have a good excuse for looking at it online now and you can just 'stumble across' the femail section whilst your checking your points!

ill do my team over the next week. keep posted as you go.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Cool.

We need a name for our league. Once we have that, people can join at will.

Here are the rules.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/rules.mc

I am going to pick my team in the next few days, but I expect I will change it a few times before the season starts seeing as transfers are free before the first games of the season.

ali777

Reaction score

Count me in... I don't support any football club but I watch and read anything about football.

It's too early to choose a team, I'd rather wait till the season starts.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If we don't get many interested then we can have a mini league. I think we will get enough. We will just need to put pressure on a few people. :woot:

I have created a league. It’s called HairLossTalk.com League. We can change the name anytime.

The code to join is, 175388-41662

I also imagine most people will join a week before the season starts. The league kicks off 16th August.

It will be a fun competition....lol

Cassin

Reaction score

you'll have to walk me through the entire process a bit. just give me simple summery from stem to stern the weekend I am to register ok?

Sean68

Reaction score

Nice one

cassin - if you mean a quick breakdown of the rules its generally just picking 11 players, (not sure if its a squad on this they vary slightly) within a set budget. Usually youre not allowed more than two players from one team and you get points when they score, create a goal, get man of the match, player of the month, your keeper or defender keeps a clean sheet etc.

Ive not looked at this particular one yet but youll be allowed to pick a team right up to the start of the season but you wont be able to amend it once its done. theres usually a couple of transfer windows when you can swap players providing you still keep within the budget.

Sean68

Reaction score

..or you can just at the link to the rules he posted! whichever's easier really...haha.

Cassin

Reaction score

Alright you lazy bastards....sign up

We only have 3 people so far.

Help - Rules
Squad selection

A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:

* 2 Goalkeepers
* 5 Defenders
* 5 Midfielders
* 3 Forwards

You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million. The value of each player can be found here.
Formations

From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team.

Your team can play in any formation providing one goalkeeper and at least three defenders and one forward are selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Any changes you make to your team will become active at the next deadline.
Captains

You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek.

If your captain does not play then he will be automatically substituted in accordance with the rules, but the captain bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place.

You can change your captain at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your captain will become active at the next deadline.
Automatic substitutions

If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will substitute him for your replacement goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules.

Automatic substitutions are applied at the end of the Gameweek, when all matches have been played.

You can change your substitution priorities at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your substitution priorities will become active at the next deadline.
Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Unused free transfers are not carried over to the next Gameweek.

All transfers before the start of the season are made at no cost. For teams entering after the start of the season, no points will be deducted before their first deadline.

You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.
Deadlines

Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline to take effect for that set of matches.

Cassin

Reaction score
Here is my team so far...I'll probably change it up half a dozen times between now and kickoff.

I am banking on Ronaldo being transferred.

[Everton]
Dream team
1: Howard
(C)

Dream team

Dream team
[Everton]
Dream team
2: Neville

[Bolton]
Dream team
3: Meite

Dream team

[Newcastle]
Dream team
4: N'Zogbia

[Bolton]
Dream team
5: O'Brien A
[Fulham]
Dream team
6: Dempsey

[Man City]
Dream team
7: Petrov

Dream team

[Everton]
Dream team
8: Arteta

[Middlesbrough]
Dream team
9: Downing

Dream team

[Man Utd]
Dream team
10: Rooney

Dream team

[Man Utd]
Dream team
11: Tevez

Dream team

[Man Utd]
Dream team
12: Van der Sar
Goalkeeper

[Middlesbrough]
Dream team
13: Young
Defender

[Fulham]
Dream team
14: Murphy
Midfielder

[Tottenham]
Dream team
15: Berbatov
Forward

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These are the people who chat about football in past threads but are being quiet. So sign up.

Bald Dave
ghg
IBM
Hans Gruber
metalheaddude
Dario
davidbeckham007
omgstfuty2
Lucky_UK
dresden
barcafan
Libertine

and there are more of you.

ali777

Reaction score
me...

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
How many do you need? Can I play? I'm an American who doens't really follow the EPL too closely, but know a little bit. Let me know if it's cool, and I'll sign up.

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah course it is. you need to enter your team in its entirety before you can enter the code to join the mini league. you have to register your name, email etc before you pick your team. theres hints and tips on the site as well. let us know how you go on.

Sean68

Reaction score
ok..heaton rangers line up a lil somethin lika dis..

Friedel

Richards Woodgate Jagielka N'zogbia

Diarra Fabregas Modric

Jo Rooney Alves

Subs - Schwarzer, Wheater, Valencia, Nasri.

Looks good on paper. im sure i'll sink without trace again!