Fantasy Football (soccer for the Americans)

ali777

Reaction score
My pride and joy:

file.php

TBH, football is all about ifs and buts. If stupid l.pool, arsenal, and spurs didn't concede and if I picked Carew as my captain again I could've scored much higher.... excuses, excuses, excuses.........

For once that I am leading the table, I should celebrate with a :pint:

Anyway, it's a long marathon, and I don't play it to win the league. I play it to have fun, and to engage my mind with something that I am passionate about :punk:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ali777 said:

pretty close at the top! for my first ever go im quite happy with it after just 2 weeks!

so whats the winner of our league gonna get?!

free minoxidil? years supply of finasteride?

ali777

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
ali777 said:

pretty close at the top! for my first ever go im quite happy with it after just 2 weeks!

so whats the winner of our league gonna get?!

free minoxidil? years supply of finasteride?

I think we are all beginners mate. Optimus confesses to having played through the post in the past, but apart from that we are all beginners. I knew the rules, but I never played.

The winner should get a bottle of kirkland minoxidil or a strip of finpecia :whistle: . Something symbolic.

Sean68

Reaction score
cassin told me it was a 5000 graft armani transplant...

ali777

Reaction score
Another interesting week.....

A big team like Liverpool had 1 shot on target and that was Alonso shooting from their own half...

I didn't watch any game but I saw both MOTD and MOTD2. I have to say despite the draw Chelsea looks good. I was disappointed with the draw but they will be very very hard to beat. They should have been 4-0 up in the first half.

Arsenal are just like last year. When they get going they are sublime, but they might also find it very difficult to break some teams down. I might support Arsenal for the title this year.

This week we have the internationals so no fantasy football. It's time to regroup and think of new strategies.

Cassin, week 4 doesn't start till 13th of September. If you use your wild card now, you'll have 2 weeks to complete all your transfers. I think this is a good opportunity to make changes.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the cowboys have used the wildcard already. I was looking at Cassin's original line-up, and he put Young and Cole on the bench. Who in my opinion are his best defenders, but they got substituted on anyway and scored well for him.

However, Cassin has been through some serious bad luck. First of all Berbatov screws up, then he finally gets his boys in order and the MU vs. Fulham game is called off because of the Super Cup. So instantly Cassin has four players not playing, and two of them are Rooney and Tevez!!

I think when his luck improves he will score well soon..

I however thought I was gonna have a great weekend of FF. I scored 30 points from 3 players on Saturday, but sadly the rest of my team let me down and although I scored well, I was hoping for a big score.

ali777

Reaction score
The Cowboys transferred 2 players only, I don't think the wild card was used.

I agree that Rooney and Tevez should come good in long run.

Shall I run proper mathematical analysis to calculate optimal strategy for the game :whistle: ?

Sean68

Reaction score
[youtube:357cpbx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWe4bztRQBk[/youtube:357cpbx0]

ah dear. i hate youtube these days,

ali777

Reaction score
Are we all ready for week 4?

I'm so pissed off, Micheal Essien is out for at least 6 months. He's one of the best holding midfielders in the EPL. I'm not sure who to get in his place...

I'm going with Arteta for this week. Everton are (is for Bryan) playing Stoke City, so I expect Arteta to do well.

I hope Liverpoooool-United game ends 0-0.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
[youtube:395vhmcn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWe4bztRQBk[/youtube:395vhmcn]

ah dear. i hate youtube these days,

f*****g hell sean! are you a jovi fan!? say it aint so!

Fade In-Out was always a less enjoyable oasis song for me for being way too like his joviness.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've used my wild card already and we are only 4 games into the season..oh well. I'm not expecting a good week for me, I have a lot of utd and chelsea plays so i will lose points because they are playing each other...:(

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
I've used my wild card already and we are only 4 games into the season..oh well. I'm not expecting a good week for me, I have a lot of utd and chelsea plays so i will lose points because they are playing each other...:(

My bet is with a Chelsea win so I put R Ferdinand on the bench.

Saying that, Maschareno and Boa Morto are subs this week, so I'm losing points there.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny enough I was thinking of dropping Evra and hoping Chelsea won but chickened out. I came to the conclusion if Chelsea lose at least I may score with Evra and vice versa

Sean68

Reaction score
sundays bloody sundays. it really gets on my nerves i think two sunday games is more than enough. motd is gonna be crap tonight i might have to...go out or something.

ali777

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
sundays bloody sundays. it really gets on my nerves i think two sunday games is more than enough. motd is gonna be crap tonight i might have to...go out or something.

I'm gonna record MOTD just in case. There might be some interesting goals and a few tips for the forthcoming weeks :woot:

The weather is so nice this weekend, it would be a crime to stay in. I'm going out with a bunch of 18 year olds, don't ask why.... I have couple friends, they are going to some birthday do and they invited me over. It'll be interesting... I'll meet some 18 yo Eastern European blonds :punk:

I'm thinking of trading them for more grown ups at one point, I think I have another bunch of friends going out too. I'll politely excuse myself and call my grown up friends.

ali777

Reaction score
Interesting football today... United fans will say they played well, blah blah, I think United got away with it. Chelsea had a few good chances and they should have won it... The game was a good hangover cure :whistle:

From fantasy football point of view, it hasn't been a good week. Arsenal, United and Chelsea all conceded goals, big forwards didn't score, etc....

Next week the big clubs are playing smaller clubs and there should be a few good scores. Next week, we should all score some good points :punk: .