Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After observing various people on this forum and reading their treatment stories, I have come to the conclusion that HRT remains the most effective treatment. In this thread there were bold statements like “Bicalutamide is as effective as HRT”, or “RU will 100% stop your hair loss.” But some statistics and my personal experience show that HRT alone increases your chances of stopping baldness by close to a hundred percent.

Bicalutamide did not help me, it seems to me that it gets worse on RU + Bicalutamide. And I’m even too lazy to try CPA because my life experience with hair loss is too pessimistic for me to believe in anything. I don’t have the moral strength to trust any treatment again. All I got was shattered expectations and disappointment. Only HRT showed me that this was possible.

corn_scoops

My Regimen
Reaction score
After observing various people on this forum and reading their treatment stories, I have come to the conclusion that HRT remains the most effective treatment. In this thread there were bold statements like “Bicalutamide is as effective as HRT”, or “RU will 100% stop your hair loss.” But some statistics and my personal experience show that HRT alone increases your chances of stopping baldness by close to a hundred percent.

Bicalutamide did not help me, it seems to me that it gets worse on RU + Bicalutamide. And I’m even too lazy to try CPA because my life experience with hair loss is too pessimistic for me to believe in anything. I don’t have the moral strength to trust any treatment again. All I got was shattered expectations and disappointment. Only HRT showed me that this was possible.
Yea people in here seem to be happy coming off finasteride and stuff and just using e2 injections. When I sift through all the unnecessary unproductive comments I actually find good advice but unfortunately I have to keep searching through this hell hole of a forum.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea people in here seem to be happy coming off finasteride and stuff and just using e2 injections. When I sift through all the unnecessary unproductive comments I actually find good advice but unfortunately I have to keep searching through this hell hole of a forum.
didn't like everyone still use finasteride/dutasteride even on hrt? also most of the useful info is on the first 300 pages so don't bother reading past that

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I can't lie. I had slow mediate hairloss only in the temples and one day I used topical finasteride opposed to swallowing my dutasteride 0.5 pills and my hair randomly the next morning thickened up ( I had a thin spot and now I saw baby hairs com in) then out of nowhere I got muscle cramps and my whole body ached and I got diffuse thinning. I've been diffusely thinning every since even in my donor when I had thick full head of hair with slight temple recession. I'm pretty sure this is reflex hyper andronicty because I never even had acne till now. Will taking hrt solve this?
Receptor upregulation is real. Or hormonal imbalance dutasteride thinned my hair very fast for 1.5 years finasteride does the same but dutasteride worse. Litteraly after quitting dutasteride hair stopped thinning but took 3 months.
Going natural is the best side effect free regimen my friend.

Last edited:

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Bicalutamide causes an increase in AR and compensatory sensitivity, why does the oily skin not return?

Bicalutamide put me out of my misery when it reduced sebum production to zero at a dosage of 50mg/day. My skin was so oily that it started to look shiny immediately after washing my face, and 30 minutes later it looked like I had been doused with oil. Every day was excruciating torture with such sebum secretion. Bicalutamide allowed me to feel fresh without having to wash my face every few minutes, and it got rid of large pores, blackheads, and acne. This is the best pill of my life.

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think luck is a big factor!!You have to be lucky too what i mean is that some people use just basics and reverse and maintain their hair without using heavy hitters and others even on full scale HRT cant regrow or maintain even lose.The hair situation is fked up a life long struggle