Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course if you started off with lowe dose and already have gyno there's no guarantee for anything

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't buy that sh*t, it's a scam. Everyone should know by now that lowe dose E2 will inevitably cause more gyno. And high dose injections will stunt growth indefinitely.
The claim that low dose gives better breast growth and high dose leads to a lesser degree is based on one single study that relied on DIYers self-reports with relatively small amount of participants. It is not proven or anything, just something that appeared to be a correlation in said study, and only that study afaik. It is by no means medical consensus.

However, it has been shown that doses as small as 0.5mg of E2 are enough to produce breast growth.

Last edited:

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More than half a year of HRT. Progress is very slow. The hair is very fine and does not improve in quality. I think the treatment will drag on for a couple of years or forever. However, I am glad that at least I stopped baldness, so my mood is fine.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 4mg EV injection every 4 days atm. Occasionally 12.5mg CPA, 1.25mg finasteride daily, 5% Min 2x a day, 500mg Metformin
Great progress!! Do you attribute most of your regrowth to Estradiol? How many months have you been using 5% Min 2x a day?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want everyone to read this as it is in my opinion most valuable “info” here actually. I had more “success” from ssri than my hairloss treatments because I dont obsess anymore and do not even look at my hair. Some of you really chasing that high with wanting a perfect nw0 and it has nothing to do with being or not being bald at this point, its just BDD. Get off the forums for a while and live your life. ✌️
i have recently started lexapro, do you think it can help? which dosage do tou take?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The claim that low dose gives better breast growth and high dose leads to a lesser degree is based on one single study that relied on DIYers self-reports with relatively small amount of participants. It is not proven or anything, just something that appeared to be a correlation in said study, and only that study afaik. It is by no means medical consensus.

However, it has been shown that doses as small as 0.5mg of E2 are enough to produce breast growth.
There are multiple studies, however, that show that very high doses of estrogen have essentially suspended any breast growth in various mammals. And when the dosage was lowered, breast growth resumed. Not saying it's exactly apples to apples, but at least food for thought.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go for 5mg.
hey bro hairloss is really ruining my life and i have the same diffuse pattern as you pre treatment. I know that oral minoxidil would cure my hairloss but i tried it and get way too severe hypertrichosis which is debilitating for me.
i know you get hypertrichosis too if i remember but cured you're hairloss. In you're case the peace of mind of having you're hairloss cured outweight the cons of the hypertrichosis? because i might give another shot to the oral minoxdil to at least see some result

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are multiple studies, however, that show that very high doses of estrogen have essentially suspended any breast growth in various mammals. And when the dosage was lowered, breast growth resumed. Not saying it's exactly apples to apples, but at least food for thought.
What do you think the mechanism is? Perhaps the receptors become downregulated due to ligand overload? I can also see that as an anti-cancer response.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro hairloss is really ruining my life and i have the same diffuse pattern as you pre treatment. I know that oral minoxidil would cure my hairloss but i tried it and get way too severe hypertrichosis which is debilitating for me.
i know you get hypertrichosis too if i remember but cured you're hairloss. In you're case the peace of mind of having you're hairloss cured outweight the cons of the hypertrichosis? because i might give another shot to the oral minoxdil to at least see some result
Just trim the extra hair

dani500

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have recently started lexapro, do you think it can help? which dosage do tou take?
I took lexapro but i quit because of tinnitus. Zoloft for me is sideless ssri except harder to c*m. But it made my life 10x easier and it should not affect hair in any way.

dani500

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Close to same length 3months apart (i cut my own hair so i know). And you have to count in that im on minoxidil shedding phase and only 30days in today (bridge didnt have any regrowth with minoxidil in 1month). This is 90%+ dutasteride and bica. My conclusion: androgen supression>E2 for sides and regrowth. Present picture taken with front phone flash,mirror light and strong ceiling light. When minoxidil kicks in im gonna delete account here I hope.

edit: pics wont load, so i uploaded on this page

Last edited:

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
Close to same lenght 3months apart. And you have to count in that im on minoxidil shedding phase and only 30days in today (bridge didnt have any regrowth with minoxidil in 1month). This is 90%+ dutasteride and bica. My conclusion: androgen supression>E2 for sides and regrowth. Present picture taken with front phone flash,mirror light and strong ceiling light. When minoxidil kicks in im gonna delete account here I hope.

edit: pics wont load, so i uploaded on this page
Dani, did your testicles shrink while on aa/E2?