Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna get my adrenals checked, maybe spironolactone has given me an adrenal tumour. If I can't see a return to form with my hair line then I'm toast. I'll check in a couple month seeming that I have some baseline to work with now instead of just imagining where my hair used to be.
I'll take all advice, I'm physically castrate so I can always reset to zero. Please let me be a platform for experiments. I just want my hair to come back long enough so I can see myself married to some other man and then go old. My hair is supposed to be 23 not 63. It hurts that any older fella in the street has better hair than I do. I'm vain out of hatred because I dont want to be the next participant in some game of "they who cried bathroom r_p__t." I dont want to be the tr___y that spoils every other apple in the bunch.
I'm f*****g losing it.
But you don't have to be a participant in anything. You can be a HRT Femboy, use the men's bathroom etc. You don't have to present female if you don't want to. Medical transition only means you are changing your biological hormonal profile to a female one. Nothing more. HRT does not make you a trans woman if you don't want that.

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you don't have to be a participant in anything. You can be a HRT Femboy, use the men's bathroom etc. You don't have to present female if you don't want to. Medical transition only means you are changing your biological hormonal profile to a female one. Nothing more. HRT does not make you a trans woman if you don't want that.
I know you like lables as does myself but "boy" in femboy means targeting a p___phile demographic. I'm not a femboy, I'm a 23 year old tr___y f____t. So we are clear. I'm a male that takes estrogen therefore, I'm an e-male.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you like lables as does myself but "boy" in femboy means targeting a p___phile demographic. I'm not a femboy, I'm a 23 year old tr___y f____t. So we are clear. I'm a male that takes estrogen therefore, I'm an e-male.
Femboy is a aesthetic, nothing more then a feminine looking youthful male. Also age doesn't determine looks with HRT. I'm 24 and look like a teen after 3 months of HRT.

I think you hate yourself for being a male on Estrogen. There is no reason to do that. It doesn't make you all those degrading names you call yourself. It just makes you that, a male who uses a modification of their hormonal system.

Nothing about this makes you socially trans if you don't want to be socially trans. But ultimately it's up to you what to believe, I'm just trying to help.

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Femboy is a aesthetic, nothing more then a feminine looking youthful male. Also age doesn't determine looks with HRT. I'm 24 and look like a teen after 3 months of HRT.

I think you hate yourself for being a male on Estrogen. There is no reason to do that. It doesn't make you all those degrading names you call yourself. It just makes you that, a male who uses a modification of their hormonal system.

Nothing about this makes you socially trans if you don't want to be socially trans. But ultimately it's up to you what to believe, I'm just trying to help.
Then give me some whacko nutjob hair bullshit to try out, this is a hair loss forum. I'm willing to drink pregnant horse piss if it means my f*****g dick will fall off and I get long brown curly hair like the three of my sisters.
I'm dysphoric AF no denying it. And I was forced to repress my feminine side because my dad was an ablist f*****g wife beater that scared me not getting help for my special needs as a child. Of course you're going to hide something like being a f_g when your pappy is walking around like he's shat his pants moaning and drooling like he's absent minded just to mock you and saying you'll be going on the special bus where all the mongies lick the window and do crude imitations of farm animals they've only heard once on TV.
Transgender is two things, the identity and the expression. My identity is a trans gender woman, my expression which is how everyone sees me is that of a man meaning although I identify as a woman I present myself as a man socially so I dont get f*****g shanked by some tr__ny hating christ cuck. You should know the UK is the testing grounds for American political movement's? All the lgb alliance bs is funded by f*****g mega churches in the US where in just 4-5 years they made the British public hate tr___ies 5 times more, and people already hated tr___ies a great deal. So I am not getting myself plastered on that trans crimes page those pissed off lesbots keep tossing around. I hate myself because I feel like a sexual predator, I have the same guilt that a closet p___phile has but about being trans instead of secretly wanting to diddle kids. And let me tell you, the right have done a splendid job at vilifying tr___ies.
I know you mean well, but I'm not a fem-anything. I'm an example of even extremes of the hormonal route isn't always gold. f*****g kill me.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then give me some whacko nutjob hair bullshit to try out, this is a hair loss forum. I'm willing to drink pregnant horse piss if it means my f*****g dick will fall off and I get long brown curly hair like the three of my sisters.
I'm dysphoric AF no denying it. And I was forced to repress my feminine side because my dad was an ablist f*****g wife beater that scared me not getting help for my special needs as a child. Of course you're going to hide something like being a f_g when your pappy is walking around like he's shat his pants moaning and drooling like he's absent minded just to mock you and saying you'll be going on the special bus where all the mongies lick the window and do crude imitations of farm animals they've only heard once on TV.
Transgender is two things, the identity and the expression. My identity is a trans gender woman, my expression which is how everyone sees me is that of a man meaning although I identify as a woman I present myself as a man socially so I dont get f*****g shanked by some tr__ny hating christ cuck. You should know the UK is the testing grounds for American political movement's? All the lgb alliance bs is funded by f*****g mega churches in the US where in just 4-5 years they made the British public hate tr___ies 5 times more, and people already hated tr___ies a great deal. So I am not getting myself plastered on that trans crimes page those pissed off lesbots keep tossing around. I hate myself because I feel like a sexual predator, I have the same guilt that a closet p___phile has but about being trans instead of secretly wanting to diddle kids. And let me tell you, the right have done a splendid job at vilifying tr___ies.
I know you mean well, but I'm not a fem-anything. I'm an example of even extremes of the hormonal route isn't always gold. f*****g kill me.
Horse pee is the outdated estrogen linked to blood clots, so maybe don't drink that lol

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG I'm so sorry to hear all that stuff you went through . I assumed you don't identify as trans and just hate being seen like that because you're on HRT.

I myself might be more focused on the medical then identity side of being trans, but I can empathise a lot with your story. My family, "friends" etc also tried to destroy my femininity, made me ashamed to admit I have dysphoria and caused me to repress until I couldn't take it anymore. Because of them I let androgens poison my body.

And of course I understand the TERF situation in the UK is problematic, I myself am very frustrated with it. It's admirable you care about optics and not damaging the trans community, but don't do it to the extent of self hatred.

It's not your fault the UK is infested by TERFism, and it's absolutely not your fault that some evil people hate trans people. I myself hate those bigots with a passion if you haven't noticed. But I also consider them pathetic people. Don't feel intimidated by them, see yourself as better then them. They will loose, it's only a matter of time. They already lost the culture war, and they're just trying to pick up the pieces. Technological progress and the west becoming more feminine will be their end.

Like I said looksmaxx, take it easy and don't give up. If you identify as trans try to work towards passing. If you want to have someone to talk to I'm here, and so are other supportive people.

You really hit my feels with your story, good luck and take care of yourself as much as you can.

Last edited:

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Horse pee is the outdated estrogen linked to blood clots, so maybe don't drink that lol
An ogre doesn't ask a ladies age, but I'm guessing you're around my age. I've tried so f*****g much I feel two things from this exhaustion; happy people can do things with themselves and happy they take things for granted.
I'm sorry for existing, I'm so f*****g sorry. So many sharp pangs in my chest I choke on my own breath when I breathe in. I'm pathetic. Actually pathetic. Worthless.
Lol I'm going bald despite hrt. I'm a joke without its punch line. Bad optics because I'm a hon and I'm so f*****g sorry its killing me on the inside when I can't have the basic things. I'm the full package in reverse. God dammit. I tried so hard even if I could say it no one would believe me. I'm dying this week I'll make prompto on that quip. Gut wrenching hurts dammit I'm sorry. For existing. f*** god make it stop.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
An ogre doesn't ask a ladies age, but I'm guessing you're around my age. I've tried so f*****g much I feel two things from this exhaustion; happy people can do things with themselves and happy they take things for granted.
I'm sorry for existing, I'm so f*****g sorry. So many sharp pangs in my chest I choke on my own breath when I breathe in. I'm pathetic. Actually pathetic. Worthless.
Lol I'm going bald despite hrt. I'm a joke without its punch line. Bad optics because I'm a hon and I'm so f*****g sorry its killing me on the inside when I can't have the basic things. I'm the full package in reverse. God dammit. I tried so hard even if I could say it no one would believe me. I'm dying this week I'll make prompto on that quip. Gut wrenching hurts dammit I'm sorry. For existing. f*** god make it stop.
Look it's ok, I understand what you're going through, I had massive self hatred as a repressor. Everyday was just worse and worse, and I literally saw my body rotting away until I couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm trying to repair the damage, pretty successfully when it comes to my looks. But still I might never pass, and I've accepted this. Doesn't mean I won't try tho, and I'm extremely happy to have started HRT.

What I'm trying to say is there's always a way to make things better even if it's hard. Sometimes it's hard to see, and giving up seems easier, but that's what others are for, to help. Please don't say you apologise for existing, I and other supportive people on this thread don't hate you. I won't abandon you, I'm not the person to abandon others in need. And I'm sure others will also support you if you ask.

Find the strength you need to fight your hair loss and dysphoria. Look how far you already got, you went further then most would ever consider. Do you want to throw all of this away? Now that your hair might start regrowing. Give it some time, and don't focus on negative thoughts if you can. I myself find that hard a lot of the time but I'm trying. It's all about not giving up, even if you feel the whole world is against you.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol a bald tranny. this is funny. you can always go back to be an actual man you know. baldness is not the end of the world for a man. but for an ugly tranny it is

Trafalgar Law

My Regimen
Reaction score
My whole yearly supply for my regimen cost me about 400£, so not to bad. That's about 500$. HRT is pretty cheap compared to other medication. And if you can cope with the feminizing effects then go for it if you feel the need. It's the nuclear weapon against androgenic hair loss.
For some time I have had a keen interest in HRT due to its beneficial effects on hair and skin. I also admire the femboy aesthetic, which is why I am not too worried about feminizing effects per se with the possible exception of gyno. I am ok with breast growth so long as it can be adequately concealed with clothing, although my understanding is that it is very hard to control their development. I am mostly concerned about HRT's effects on my metabolism, functional strength, personality, and mental health. I have read that certain hormonal medications(specifically CPA) can contribute to unwanted weight gain through its effects on testosterone and bodily metabolism of fat(https://transfemscience.org/articles/hormones-fat-metabolism/). As someone who is healthy, fit, and lean, the last thing I want to do is jeopardize my body in any way that contributes to long term obesity and heart disease.

I also rely a lot on my strength to accomplish daily tasks both at home and work, so if possible I would prefer to keep most of my strength on an HRT protocol. But based on what I read online, I think that goal may be unrealistic since most people report a significant reduction of both muscle mass and strength. I do not mind losing some muscle since my main goal is to continue to slim down, but I do not want to become weak and frail and risk losing my job and livelihood as a result. And I am not sure how I would cope with mood swings. Even though I am generally resilient when it comes to dealing with life's problems, I sometimes get overwhelmed by the stress I have to put up with everyday. I think the extra emotional sensitivity associated with HRT would prove too much for me to handle in conjunction with the daily stressors I am constantly exposed to. How do you manage your emotions while on HRT?

Also, if I said anything that contradicts your understanding of the facts, please let me know and I will reconsider my knowledge of the subject.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For some time I have had a keen interest in HRT due to its beneficial effects on hair and skin. I also admire the femboy aesthetic, which is why I am not too worried about feminizing effects per se with the possible exception of gyno. I am ok with breast growth so long as it can be adequately concealed with clothing, although my understanding is that it is very hard to control their development. I am mostly concerned about HRT's effects on my metabolism, functional strength, personality, and mental health. I have read that certain hormonal medications(specifically CPA) can contribute to unwanted weight gain through its effects on testosterone and bodily metabolism of fat(https://transfemscience.org/articles/hormones-fat-metabolism/). As someone who is healthy, fit, and lean, the last thing I want to do is jeopardize my body in any way that contributes to long term obesity and heart disease.

I also rely a lot on my strength to accomplish daily tasks both at home and work, so if possible I would prefer to keep most of my strength on an HRT protocol. But based on what I read online, I think that goal may be unrealistic since most people report a significant reduction of both muscle mass and strength. I do not mind losing some muscle since my main goal is to continue to slim down, but I do not want to become weak and frail and risk losing my job and livelihood as a result. And I am not sure how I would cope with mood swings. Even though I am generally resilient when it comes to dealing with life's problems, I sometimes get overwhelmed by the stress I have to put up with everyday. I think the extra emotional sensitivity associated with HRT would prove too much for me to handle in conjunction with the daily stressors I am constantly exposed to. How do you manage your emotions while on HRT?

Also, if I said anything that contradicts your understanding of the facts, please let me know and I will reconsider my knowledge of the subject.
You voiced the concerns that all guys who think about HRT for hair face. Baldness was such a shock to me that I decided that anything is better than that. Therefore, I resigned myself to the fact that I might tolerate the side effects that you voiced

However, everything turned out to be better than I thought. For half a year of HRT, my physique has not changed. I still have a lean belly with cubes, I have not gained fat or reduced muscle despite the fact that I greatly disturbed my diet and did not exercise (I do not advise you to do this. Stay on a calorie rate or a small deficit so as not to gain weight)
As for the mental state, I experienced a slight increase in tearfulness. It does not show up in public and will rather show itself when you watch some kind of sad movie. It is important to add that I don’t cry if I don’t want to - I cry when I give free rein to my emotions. Before HRT, crying was more difficult, and on HRT I remembered myself in childhood, when it was easier. Thus, in a stressful situation, you will not start crying in front of other people, but if, being with yourself while watching a movie, you give free rein to emotions, you will be more likely to succeed. It should be added that some men tend to cry even without HRT.
With regard to stress resistance - no change.

Looking at Noah's muscle atrophy and fat gain after 4 months of HRT, I think it’s CPA. Another reason not to use it for our purposes.

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are, like me the same, an androgynous man..

If anyone like to look like a woman most of these people need an FFS... Me included..

As an androgynous man I got a lot of benefits... Some days if I am clean shaped i can wear without problems female clothes.. On the next day I can wear man's cloth and act like a man (so good I can do it)...

Mostly I am androgyn-male like... I love only the new hormone profile and enjoy my life better than before..
As a masculine man I was depressed

Zœy

My Regimen
Reaction score

On the muscle thing, I think it's a case of use it or lose it. During my (nearly) 3 years HRT I've continued bicycling and my leg strength hasn't decreased one bit. I neglected my upper body and the muscle disappeared (noodle arms etc.)
But it's possible to regain muscle on HRT. I've been going to the gym since September and I have defined arms again.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've had some mental changes, feeling more in tune with my emotions, no brain fog, feeling calmer etc. Having said that HRT won't change your personality, I might have changed a bit since I joined, but that's because I dropped all the repressor mental barriers, stoped caring about things I don't really like and were just cope, and gaining some confidence thanks to my looks improving and hair coming back. As for managing my emotions, I just allow myself to experience them. And if they are negative I try to keep my mind off them by doing things, talking about it with friends etc.

Also for your needs it sounds high dose Estrogen injection monotherapy would be best. It has a chance in avoiding large breast growth and you shouldn't gain wait on it if you don't want to. You can also keep a lot of your muscle mass by simply exercising.

The negative effects of HRT are way overblown in the medical community, and definitely on this forum. What goes on here is basically fear mongering, with some people unironically insisting HRT will turn you into a woman after even just a short time of use.

BaldButGold

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please excuse me, if it all have been discussed many times here.
I tried, as many here, classic Big 3, even dutasteride, and got pity results but heavy depression simultaneously, which lead me off from duta after all. Now I'm fine and want to try something more serious and effective: estrogel+bica, or estrogel+cyproterone, or estrogel+spironolactone.
But I went through hardcore vitamins overdosing regiment in the past, especially with iodine, so my liver is pretty weak now (since iodine toxic to liver, which I didn't know before) and since bica is pretty toxic to liver, I should leave bika option and try spironolactone or cypro as anti-androgen, right?
So I got few questions and I'd be thankful to hear your opinions.

1) is it possible to regrowth hair using estro solo? Or summing with anti-androgen is necessary?
2) if I would take small portions of cyproterone acetate, or would taking breaks from the first incoming side effects, can I save my fertility? (I'm pretty sure it has been discussed many times here, but still)
3) spironolactone is weak anti-androgen, right? So If I want to see good results, I should mix estrogel with cypro or with finasteride/duta?
Thanks in advance.

BuzzedLightyear

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please excuse me, if it all have been discussed many times here.
I tried, as many here, classic Big 3, even dutasteride, and got pity results but heavy depression simultaneously, which lead me off from duta after all. Now I'm fine and want to try something more serious and effective: estrogel+bica, or estrogel+cyproterone, or estrogel+spironolactone.
But I went through hardcore vitamins overdosing regiment in the past, especially with iodine, so my liver is pretty weak now (since iodine toxic to liver, which I didn't know before) and since bica is pretty toxic to liver, I should leave bika option and try spironolactone or cypro as anti-androgen, right?
So I got few questions and I'd be thankful to hear your opinions.

1) is it possible to regrowth hair using estro solo? Or summing with anti-androgen is necessary?
2) if I would take small portions of cyproterone acetate, or would taking breaks from the first incoming side effects, can I save my fertility? (I'm pretty sure it has been discussed many times here, but still)
3) spironolactone is weak anti-androgen, right? So If I want to see good results, I should mix estrogel with cypro or with finasteride/duta?
Thanks in advance.
Depends how extreme or conservative you want to go, which side effects you are willing to take on.

1. I believe Janey primarily used E2, and claimed that if E2 is high enough you may not even need an antiandrogen on top of it
2. Maybe, but no one really knows for sure.
3. I wouldn't recommend spironolactone to anyone. It's not powerful and it's also steroidal. It's probably a good idea in general to be on finasteride/dutasteride regardless of anything else you take. Do you know where your T/E levels are currently? If you have somewhat high T then CPA might be helpful.

Trafalgar Law

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the muscle thing, I think it's a case of use it or lose it. During my (nearly) 3 years HRT I've continued bicycling and my leg strength hasn't decreased one bit. I neglected my upper body and the muscle disappeared (noodle arms etc.)
But it's possible to regain muscle on HRT. I've been going to the gym since September and I have defined arms again.
If what you say here is true(and I have reason to believe based on numerous anecdotes), then I should be able to retain most of my strength and muscle mass through frequent physically engaging activities at work and the gym. Although how successful I am at this may depend on the medications I decide to use. Steroidal AR antagonists(spironolactone, CPA) are known for decreasing strength and muscle mass, so if I want to maintain my functional strength it would be best to avoid those agents and instead rely on high dose estrogen monotherapy, preferably injections for their relative safety. But even this unfortunately has the additional long term health risk of developing blood clots with age, especially when used at supraphyiological doses for extra testosterone suppression(https://transfemscience.org/articles/estrogens-coagulation-blood-clots/)

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If what you say here is true(and I have reason to believe based on numerous anecdotes), then I should be able to retain most of my strength and muscle mass through frequent physically engaging activities at work and the gym. Although how successful I am at this may depend on the medications I decide to use. Steroidal AR antagonists(spironolactone, CPA) are known for decreasing strength and muscle mass, so if I want to maintain my functional strength it would be best to avoid those agents and instead rely on high dose estrogen monotherapy, preferably injections for their relative safety. But even this unfortunately has the additional long term health risk of developing blood clots with age, especially when used at supraphyiological doses for extra testosterone suppression(https://transfemscience.org/articles/estrogens-coagulation-blood-clots/)
You have to choose what is more important hair or gym strength! But keep in mind you may have an accident and never workout again if you lose hair it is gone for life!! Personally on Dutasteride i lost 4 kg of muscle and at least 30% of my strength and i get tired easy after intense exercise, also i need nap after lunch and i need to sleep a lot more! But this is a small price to pay! Also Brain fog everyday so hard to concentrate but IDGAF

Trafalgar Law

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had some mental changes, feeling more in tune with my emotions, no brain fog, feeling calmer etc. Having said that HRT won't change your personality, I might have changed a bit since I joined, but that's because I dropped all the repressor mental barriers, stoped caring about things I don't really like and were just cope, and gaining some confidence thanks to my looks improving and hair coming back. As for managing my emotions, I just allow myself to experience them. And if they are negative I try to keep my mind off them by doing things, talking about it with friends etc.

Also for your needs it sounds high dose Estrogen injection monotherapy would be best. It has a chance in avoiding large breast growth and you shouldn't gain wait on it if you don't want to. You can also keep a lot of your muscle mass by simply exercising.

The negative effects of HRT are way overblown in the medical community, and definitely on this forum. What goes on here is basically fear mongering, with some people unironically insisting HRT will turn you into a woman after even just a short time of use.
I am glad that your life changed for the better after starting HRT! I think some of the changes you mentioned are not uncommon in the mtf community. Many report feeling calmer, increased emotional awareness, etc. Although it seems that very few people undergo dramatic changes in personality per se as a result, even if hormonal therapy sometimes allows them to express themselves more authentically in contrast to before.

What form of injectable estradiol would you recommend? I know Lena's injections is very popular in DIY forums, although AFAIK there is no third party testing or regulation of her compounds for safety or efficacy.