Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that I have a plan in mind: Bica + E2 4mg for the first three months and then E2 6mg^ monotherapy. Now I just want to figure out if progesterone would be a helpful addition later on down the road or if it'd just be superfluous.

Given that my hairloss is genetic, it may just be run of the mill male pattern baldness, the kind of hairloss that could be more surely helped by HRT. But, just to be sure, I will start directing my research into dealing with the backdoor passage ways and how to deal with them. Just in case.

Also, there's the business of explaining this all to the doctor I get.

My goal will be to achieve longer and stronger hair growth, but at the minimum, I'd be fine with having hair long and strong enough to support extensions and various braided styles.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that I have a plan in mind: Bica + E2 4mg for the first three months and then E2 6mg^ monotherapy. Now I just want to figure out if progesterone would be a helpful addition later on down the road or if it'd just be superfluous.

Given that my hairloss is genetic, it may just be run of the mill male pattern baldness, the kind of hairloss that could be more surely helped by HRT. But, just to be sure, I will start directing my research into dealing with the backdoor passage ways and how to deal with them. Just in case.

My goal will be to achieve longer and stronger hair growth, but at the minimum, I'd be fine with having hair long and strong enough to support extensions and various braided styles.
Why do you want to start with bica and then drop it? You can just start at 6mg E. Progesterone is good, it suppresses T production and also competes with AR-receptor and also directly with T for 5a-reductase IIRC.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you want to start with bica and then drop it? You can just start at 6mg E. Progesterone is good, it suppresses T production and also competes with AR-receptor and also directly with T for 5a-reductase IIRC.

I have some reservations about how effective monotherapy is.
So, the Bica is to give the E2 an early advantage to take hold against T/DHT.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 160498

I am honestly worried with my hair, it gets downhill pretty fast, damn.

@Yar Also, nice hair!
For now, you are on oral finasteride only?
Would there be any downside to trying topical finasteride while you wait to start bica?
If your dhea-s is converting to t/dht locally, in hair follicles, it could make sense to also fight the battle topically/locally while you're waiting.

Last edited:

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on 6mg mono. Most people shouldn't need more than that to suppress HPT axis. Some need 8mg though. with progesterone there shouldnt be need for a blocker at all in any case. But I also grew boobs really quickly. If I could go back I would immediately start with 3mg E, 90mg ralox and 25mg cypro, which is my current dosage.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now, you are on oral finasteride only, while you wait for bica?
Would there be any downside to trying topical finasteride while you wait for a bica prescription?
If your dhea-s is converting to t/dht locally, in hair follicles, it could make sense to also fight the battle topically/locally while you're waiting.
Thats true. And yes. But Finasteride isn´t adressing DHEA-S´s conversation to potent androgens. Or is it!?

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started on 6mg mono. Most people shouldn't need more than that to suppress HPT axis. Some need 8mg though. with progesterone there shouldnt be need for a blocker at all in any case. But I also grew boobs really quickly. If I could go back I would immediately start with 3mg E, 90mg ralox and 25mg cypro, which is my current dosage.
I feel as though I may have higher than average T due to genetics.
Though a test would be needed to be sure of that.
Is adding Ralox expensive? Are there added side effects?
Taking too many meds is also a concern for me.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Consider starting on progesterone plus E2 then switching to E2 monotherapy once your HPG axis is suppressed. Once gonadal production of testosterone stops idk how much benefit progesterone would be

From what I understand progesterone best supresses t production when taken rectally, read up about it on dr powers' subreddit

If you want I guess you could add bicalutamide but it might be unescessary

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ralox or another serm is pretty much necessary if you want to avoid breast development because you will have breast development to at least some degree if you take estrogen. That's just how it is.

Also to follow up my last post, bicalutamide could be added later if adrenal testosterone production is a problem, backdoor androgen pathway is a problem, or you just have an extreme hypersensitivity to androgens even after HPG axis supression all of these would be pretty rare though

Last edited:

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ralox or another serm is pretty much necessary if you want to avoid breast development because you will have breast development to at least done degree if you take estrogen. That's just how it is.

Also to follow up my last post, bicalutamide could be added later if adrenal testosterone production is a problem, backdoor androgen pathway is a problem, or you just have an extreme hypersensitivity to androgens even after HPG axis supression all of these would be pretty rare though
Ralox or another serm is pretty much necessary if you want to avoid breast development because you will have breast development to at least some degree if you take estrogen. That's just how it is.

Breast growth is one thing I could take or leave though I lean towards leave, but I also do like the possibility of facial feminization.
Another reason people take Bica is for penile function. I know Dr Powers sells a T-gel compound to combat penile atrophy, though.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Breast growth is one thing I could take or leave though I lean towards leave, but I also do like the possibility of facial feminization.
Another reason people take Bica is for penile function. I know Dr Powers sells a T-gel compound to combat penile atrophy, though.
What's your reasoning bicalutamide benefiting penile function? The higher levels of testosterone from upregulation? But that shouldn't aid penile function because the higher levels of T will still be blocked from binding to ARs, right? Or am I missing something here

A lot of people actually do maintain penile function on hrt, it just works differently for them then it did before the hrt. Idk maybe hitting different T level targets will affect things differently.

Also, there's always sildenafil (v****)...

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your reasoning bicalutamide benefiting penile function? The higher levels of testosterone from upregulation? But that shouldn't aid penile function because the higher levels of T will still be blocked from binding to ARs, right? Or am I missing something here

A lot of people actually do maintain penile function on hrt, it just works differently for them then it did before the hrt. Idk maybe hitting different T level targets will affect things differently.

Also, there's always sildenafil (v****)...
It's a commonly held belief here and on various HRT related subreddits.

I think some people do maintain penile length and function, but others don't.
From what I've read, the rule of thumb is "use it or lose it." and from my experience, a lot of transwomen prefer not to use it and therefore they lose it and don't really miss it.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are possible side effects, but most people I talked to don't actively notice including me. The only side effect I am experiencing is that I have nightmares more often, but I don't know if it really is due to Raloxifene, also their onset coincided with the moment I added it to my routine.

Is it expensive? It depends where you buy. If you buy Evista from Germany, then yeah that's expensive. But there are also cheap generics available. I don't know if I am allowed to link sources.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
try super low doses of E and taper up slowly if you need to. I have been on 1mg Estradiol and .75mg estrogel for 2 months with no feminization and vellus hairs starting to grow. I am in a similar position where I dont want to feminize

I am similar to you, except I have experienced a lot of nipple pain with no breast growth.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are possible side effects, but most people I talked to don't actively notice including me. The only side effect I am experiencing is that I have nightmares more often, but I don't know if it really is due to Raloxifene, also their onset coincided with the moment I added it to my routine.

Is it expensive? It depends where you buy. If you buy Evista from Germany, then yeah that's expensive. But there are also cheap generics available. I don't know if I am allowed to link sources.
Well, I'm more concerned about the long term effects of taking so many different meds.
At most, I've taken painkillers and anti-biotics temporarily after dental work.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

could you dm your source? I can't find a good source for ralox. Currently buying tamoxifen from adc but I'd like to switch to ralox

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm more concerned about the long term effects of taking so many different meds.
At most, I've taken painkillers and anti-biotics temporarily after dental work.
I'd think the two potential dangers would be liver damage and completely throwing off your HPG axis. You can get regular liver enzyme tests to check up on your liver. But on the second point, you're going to be completely reconfiguring your endocrine system so it is possible that you will be damaging that long term and that if you discontinue therapy things just won't go back to normal. This is just the danger of such a therapy unfortunately

Dr. Powers insists that the changes are reversible and that full reproductive function can be restored if hrt is discontinued, but idk if that's always the case.

Also consider physiological changes. Hrt will feminize you. That's what it does. You can try and minmize breast growth with SERMs but there will be permanent changes to your appearance. I saw a post on a forum by a MtF person who then destransitioned back to M and he definitely had long term effects of his time on HRT in terms of a more feminine appearance

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd think the two potential dangers would be liver damage and completely throwing off your HPG axis. You can get regular liver enzyme tests to check up on your liver. But on the second point, you're going to be completely reconfiguring your endocrine system so it is possible that you will be damaging that long term and that if you discontinue therapy things just won't go back to normal. This is just the danger of such a therapy unfortunately

Dr. Powers insists that the changes are reversible and that full reproductive function can be restored if hrt is discontinued, but idk if that's always the case.

Also consider physiological changes. Hrt will feminize you. That's what it does. You can try and minmize breast growth with SERMs but there will be permanent changes to your appearance. I saw a post on a forum by a MtF person who then destransitioned back to M and he definitely had long term effects of his time on HRT in terms of a more feminine appearance
For me, facial feminization is more of a feature, as I'm also considering HRT to transition as non-binary.
Noticing my hairloss and the resulting dysphoria is what has brought me to this. I'm actually quite excited about the potential physical changes. It makes me want to adopt a new workout/diet regimen so that I get the best out of it from the neck down.

With that said, I'm wondering about the everyday impact it could have. I mean, I know plenty of trans people who are quite healthy. They exercise, they take care of themselves, they are able to drink on the weekends etc. I'm a pretty healthy person (more or less), so perhaps it won't be too bad with the proper care.

I've read reproductive restoration is about 50/50, give or take. I guess it depends on a bunch of different factors that no one has gotten a good handle on yet.

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion in this thread about microdosing CPA? The goal here would be reducing testosterone and its effects (but not eliminating it). Perhaps this would be very hard to measure the correct dosage if such a therapy is possible
CPA is so strong I only use 3 x week 12.5mg and that's enough to lower my libido and semen by 80%

At 4 x week 12.5 mg my libido and semen is reduced 100%.

In a 4 month cycle I only use it for the first month. This current cycle I extended it a second month, but dropping dosage to 2 x week at 12.5mg - the result: libido and semen still reduced 100%, no production. The conclusion is let it build up first month, then cruise at lower dosage second month.

What I hate about CPA is it disturbs my regular sleeping pattern. My alarm is set for 5:30am, but on CPA I wake at 1,2,3am and it's hard to fall asleep after. Other sides, I get a small lump only under my left nipple, hardly noticeable unless you point it out. Shrinks by 2/3 in one month after getting off CPA. Semen and libido go back to normal after 3 weeks staying off it.

Those that are taking 50mg CPA daily you should try the above first. My theory is if it cuts off semen production then that's good enough for hair loss or attempted regrowth. And I'm 6'3 190lbs, so if you're smaller bodied you may even need less. However, I can't claim to have grown a Antydhtor hairline - maybe if I stayed on it for several months? Don't know if I can handle the bad sleeping for that long.

You haven't maximised your hair growth potential until you add CPA, the toughest AA available in my opinion.