Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to start treatment as early as possible. This is the law not only for baldness, but for all diseases. If you wait, you will regret it
My advice for young balding people: use Bicalutamide right away, Finasteride will never help you, don't waste your time

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still doing my Reddit research and one post I found regarded testing for DHT as well as T.
A post from an older thread I found said that DHT levels should be in the range of 5-20 if one wanted to avoid it's effects on hair.
If they really wanted to make sure, they should bring DHT levels down to <5, which is near undetectable. This post came to mind when one of the trans-women who had little success with HRT claimed that her DHT level was at 23 in another thread.

Anyway, I'm still plotting my course, as I have at least six months before I put everything into motion.
I feel like I should have more urgency, since a day lost could mean some more follicles that come closer to true death. I haven't been on Finasteride long enough to know if I'm a good responder or if it's good enough to preserve all of what I have when I started it. But if I am able to maintain, at least, then that means I'd be able to save the vast majority of my hair, like about 90 percent, with little to no hairline recession.

Reading through the thread and through Reddit, I see a lot of back and forth when it comes to anti-androgens. It seems there are about three different main opinions in terms of the place AA's serve in the HRT route. One is for AA monotherapy + (possible) finasteride/dutasteride. Two is AA + Estradiol. Three is Estrogen monotherapy. That's probably an oversimplification.

I am thinking that when I start, I may want to do an AA for the first three months to give the estradiol an edge over DHT and T before continuing with estradiol monotherapy, as well as continue use of Finasteride or get Dutasteride to better nuke DHT with. I'll incorporate minoxidil solution ingestion pretty soon. From what I've read on this thread one drop of liquid minoxidil is equivalent to about 1.25 mg oral minoxidil.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still doing my Reddit research and one post I found regarded testing for DHT as well as T.
A post from an older thread I found said that DHT levels should be in the range of 5-20 if one wanted to avoid it's effects on hair.
If they really wanted to make sure, they should bring DHT levels down to <5, which is near undetectable. This post came to mind when one of the trans-women who had little success with HRT claimed that her DHT level was at 23 in another thread.

Anyway, I'm still plotting my course, as I have at least six months before I put everything into motion.
I feel like I should have more urgency, since a day lost could mean some more follicles that come closer to true death. I haven't been on Finasteride long enough to know if I'm a good responder or if it's good enough to preserve all of what I have when I started it. But if I am able to maintain, at least, then that means I'd be able to save the vast majority of my hair, like about 90 percent, with little to no hairline recession.

Reading through the thread and through Reddit, I see a lot of back and forth when it comes to anti-androgens. It seems there are about three different main opinions in terms of the place AA's serve in the HRT route. One is for AA monotherapy + (possible) finasteride/dutasteride. Two is AA + Estradiol. Three is Estrogen monotherapy. That's probably an oversimplification.

I am thinking that when I start, I may want to do an AA for the first three months to give the estradiol an edge over DHT and T before continuing with estradiol monotherapy, as well as continue use of Finasteride or get Dutasteride to better nuke DHT with. I'll incorporate minoxidil solution ingestion pretty soon. From what I've read on this thread one drop of liquid minoxidil is equivalent to about 1.25 mg oral minoxidil.
I just wanted to say that many people on this thread use Dutasteride, despite supplementing (high) doses of E.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have been equating 1 drop with 1 gram of loniten but drops probably aren't an efficient dosing mechanism. The problem is that most droppers only mark down to 25 ml which is equated to 12.5 mg of Loniten.

Maybe you can explain the paragraph below because I have never heard a good explanation of why some doctors start off HRT with only an AA for sixty to 90 days instead of just going with estradiol monotherapy.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to start treatment as early as possible. This is the law not only for baldness, but for all diseases. If you wait, you will regret it
My advice for young balding people: use Bicalutamide right away, Finasteride will never help you, don't waste your time
So you think that the 62 percent on my thread that indicate "dude, I won't even touch finasteride" are going to use bicalutamide instead when that is actually a hormonal medication that can cause feminization?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you think that the 62 percent on my thread that indicate "dude, I won't even touch finasteride" are going to use bicalutamide instead when that is actually a hormonal medication that can cause feminization?
People trying to combat hair loss, who aren't even willing to touch fina, deserve it to be bald.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but the point is that even more so, they are going to avoid bica since it raises E and blocks receptors for AR.
We should just make all XY's go on MtF HRT and then, later, if they want to breed, they could go off HRT temporarily to inseminate and then back on HRT to protect hair. It's a life-time program....

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should just make all XY's go on MtF HRT and then, later, if they want to breed, they could go off HRT temporarily to inseminate and then back on HRT to protect hair. It's a life-time program....
After 8-12 months testes will have irreversible damage. Won't be that easy I guess haha

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been equating 1 drop with 1 gram of loniten but drops probably aren't an efficient dosing mechanism. The problem is that most droppers only mark down to 25 ml which is equated to 12.5 mg of Loniten.

Maybe you can explain the paragraph below because I have never heard a good explanation of why some doctors start off HRT with only an AA for sixty to 90 days instead of just going with estradiol monotherapy.

From what I can tell, it may be for those with particularly high Testosterone. And/or those who want the estradiol to have less opposition so that it may be more effective early on. A lot of it may simply be personal choice.

I would get Loniten/generic oral minoxidil, but that looks to be more difficult to get a hold of.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can tell, it may be for those with particularly high Testosterone. And/or those who want the estradiol to have less opposition so that it may be more effective early on. A lot of it may simply be personal choice.

I would get Loniten/generic oral minoxidil, but that looks to be more difficult to get a hold of.
Drizzling the topical on the back of the tongue even two drops daily is essentially free if someone has topical min anyway but regardless, these bottles are like six bucks a piece and last forever when used to dose mere drops. It's hard to believe just how little oral (topical) min is needed to see results, even substantial ones.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This reinforces what I think, the treatment has to be exclusive to you, it will be different for each person, you can't say and offer treatment to anyone and you can't trust it either, I don't know any of the 2 or who posted or DHTcel is one of our examples of results, and notice our few results are surrounded by doubts and disagreements haha

As I said I don’t support any speech I just posted because I hadn’t seen his photos DHTcell Early too and I found the comment of the user who posted relevant, with a lot of links and blah blah

Peace my warriors

Absolutely, in the end I think in part my first recovery was 50% luck and 50% having a very general understanding of what was causing it.

This second incidence has compelled me to do a lot more research and experimentation, what works for myself may or may not work for another, what I do however to help others is give context.

So when I add a whole bunch of other health or biology related anecdotes, it's to help people understand a bit more about the reasons why something may or may not work for me particularly, if they fit the model of what I present, it may help them too.

In the end, because medical research and healthcare response to hair loss is marginal to say the least, all of us in our own way have to be researchers of both the things we're going to take, and how our bodies work individually. We share information because like all other living things on this earth we are pattern based beings, and some aspects of our experience and biology may overlap.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, I avoided gynecomastia. It always starts to show in the first month, but I have no signs. Good or bad - I don't know. If it doesn't stop baldness, I'll switch to 75mg.
According to my small statistics, the T level at the age of 16-20 years when taking Bicalutamide rises to 1200ng / dl

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, I avoided gynecomastia. It always starts to show in the first month, but I have no signs. Good or bad - I don't know. If it doesn't stop baldness, I'll switch to 75mg.
According to my small statistics, the T level at the age of 16-20 years when taking Bicalutamide rises to 1200ng / dl
hmm i didn't had gyno for the first 2 months i believe, hard to remember.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If a person is not ready to sacrifice something for the sake of hair, then this is a small problem

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy... I wonder how you avoided gyno!? And damn that T level is very high.