Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, all.
I just signed up to the forum, but I've been following this thread for a few months now.

I am about a year older than Bridgeburn, but my miniaturization started in early 2020, I believe. So, I think I am at the beginning of losing my hair, rather than the advanced stage at which he started. I think very few of my hair follicles, if any, are close to permanently gone and my hairline is still more or less intact at this stage, but I can see it is starting to weaken. I feel like there is a lot of hope for me if I just figure out the right treatment quickly enough.

I'll start by saying that I do not mind things like facial feminization or even gyno. One of the primary reasons I started growing my hair out was because I wanted to be androgynous. It is not enough for me to maintain coverage, I want my hair to grow, at least have the miniaturized hairs eventually grow to shoulder length like so much of my hair had before this all started, or at the very least have those hairs look like they belong on the same head of hair with the unaffected strands. I recently ordered 1 mg Finasteride from Keeps, I'll be taking that to, hopefully, pause miniaturization and maintain current density while I figure everything out.

From what I can gather, Bridgeburn used an AA, CPA. But from more recent posts, it would seem that an antiandrogen might not be necessary(?) Other than that, he used topical oestrogel, as well as estrofem sublingually. I recall that he also used Dutasteride and oral minoxidil. From what I gather from the more recent pages on this thread, his complete regimen might not be necessary(?)

My hair was already quite long when this started, so I am not starting from nothing and I still have pretty full coverage including vellus hairs. What do you guys think would be the best approach for me at this stage?

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, all.
I just signed up to the forum, but I've been following this thread for a few months now.

I am about a year older than Bridgeburn, but my miniaturization started in early 2020, I believe. So, I think I am at the beginning of losing my hair, rather than the advanced stage at which he started. I think very few of my hair follicles, if any, are close to permanently gone and my hairline is still more or less intact at this stage, but I can see it is starting to weaken. I feel like there is a lot of hope for me if I just figure out the right treatment quickly enough.

I'll start by saying that I do not mind things like facial feminization or even gyno. One of the primary reasons I started growing my hair out was because I wanted to be androgynous. It is not enough for me to maintain coverage, I want my hair to grow, at least have the miniaturized hairs eventually grow to shoulder length like so much of my hair had before this all started, or at the very least have those hairs look like they belong on the same head of hair with the unaffected strands. I recently ordered 1 mg Finasteride from Keeps, I'll be taking that to, hopefully, pause miniaturization and maintain current density while I figure everything out.

From what I can gather, Bridgeburn used an AA, CPA. But from more recent posts, it would seem that an antiandrogen might not be necessary(?) Other than that, he used topical oestrogel, as well as estrofem sublingually. I recall that he also used Dutasteride and oral minoxidil. From what I gather from the more recent pages on this thread, his complete regimen might not be necessary(?)

My hair was already quite long when this started, so I am not starting from nothing and I still have pretty full coverage including vellus hairs. What do you guys think would be the best approach for me at this stage?
I just started a similar regimen 1 week ago which includes
1mg finasteride (been on it for 3 years)
Oral minoxidil (11 months)
Spironalactone 50mg( 1 week )
Estradiol 1mg (1 week )
Estrogel .75mg ( 1 week )

my baseline is not as severe as @bridgeburn and I don’t see how this regimen can’t work and give me growth in density, I may just have to tweak the doses a bit.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started a similar regimen 1 week ago which includes
1mg finasteride (been on it for 3 years)
Oral minoxidil (11 months)
Spironalactone 50mg( 1 week )
Estradiol 1mg (1 week )
Estrogel .75mg ( 1 week )

my baseline is not as severe as @bridgeburn and I don’t see how this regimen can’t work and give me growth in density, I may just have to tweak the doses a bit.
How effective has the Finasteride been?
Did it pause miniaturization at least?
How effective has oral minoxidil been?

My main concern about spironolactone and and other antiandrogens are the potential health risks from the side effects.
Don't want to end up doing permanent harm to my health or worse.

Last edited:

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
eventually, i started searching online more. The first things i ever read unfortunately about finasteride were about sexual side effects, brain fog, etc. and I immediately decided No way!
It's strange how you went from being afraid of Finasteride to commiting to a regimen like this, the desperation that hair loss brings is really intense.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, all.

Start with Finasteride 1mg and wait a year to see if it gets any worse. Takes photos of your hair and keep them until 12 months passes and you’re able to compare the before and current pictures. If finasteride isn’t strong enough for you then try Dutasteride and wait another 12 months if hair miniaturization continues then you can come back and try our regimen. Since you’re hair loss is in its beginning stage.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
How effective has the Finasteride been?
Did it pause miniaturization at least?
How effective has oral minoxidil been?

My main concern about spironolactone and and other antiandrogens are the potential health risks from the side effects.
Don't want to end up doing permanent harm to my health or worse.
The Finasteride has helped tremendously. I got some re-growth from it and after the 6month mark I have not lost any ground. I have seen some decent re-growth from the oral minoxidil when I was on 10mg but cut it down to 5mg because I got brain frog and by blood pressure dropped.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estradiol,

Attachments

• 8E26FDE4-8E60-42D0-B958-7FD424C50311.png
    8E26FDE4-8E60-42D0-B958-7FD424C50311.png
    708.2 KB · Views: 255

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, how long did it take to get results like that?

Like most hair loss meds give it 6-12 months to see a difference. I would avoid cpa and use 50mg bica and 2mg estradiol for 12 months, if not happy with results maybe try adding 5mg oral min. Ikarus and old member on here had very bad hair loss for his age and completely reversed it using that regimen.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like most hair loss meds give it 6-12 months to see a difference. I would avoid cpa and use 50mg bica and 2mg estradiol for 12 months, if not happy with results maybe try adding 5mg oral min. Ikarus and old member on here had very bad hair loss for his age and completely reversed it using that regimen.
Does he have any before and afters?

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about spironolactone?
I've read that's what most doctors prescribe to those going on HRT.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Выглядит очень хорошо !!
Что касается эстрогенов, вы принимаете только пероральный эстрадиол 3,5 мг?
Используете ли вы какие-либо эстрогены для наружного применения на коже головы (эстриол, эстрадиол или би-эстро)?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estradiol.1year ago and now

Attachments

• CCC3A1E8-17C0-4C51-B44A-1AFF54DB4636.jpeg
    CCC3A1E8-17C0-4C51-B44A-1AFF54DB4636.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 205
  • EDF2F8FA-B58F-49AC-B5EE-787158F0B39F.jpeg
    EDF2F8FA-B58F-49AC-B5EE-787158F0B39F.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 3904DCDF-EA74-4312-9D0F-3A2813562214.png
    3904DCDF-EA74-4312-9D0F-3A2813562214.png
    708.2 KB · Views: 214

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I conduct courses on hair restoration,please contact me in private messages, of course on a paid basis

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I really want to be serious and proactive against my hair loss, well, genes.

I noticed my hair getting thinner and thinner over the last years, but since a year or so, it gets pretty bad. And I started to shed a lot of hair since last year september and I got a pretty annoying itch and as well a mild seb. dermatitis.

Dont know what to do, I kept researching for a long time.

Also, I'm 17 1/2.

I started noticing thinning when I got into puberty.

Now the real part...
I always thought that finasteride is THE "CURE" when you catch it early bla bla ... the past time.

But in fact, it just slows down your thinning and halts the loss on mild male pattern baldness.

So whats the deal with male pattern baldness!?
It's ANDROGENetic Alopecia lol.

So you gotta stop androgens working, especially on the scalp. And now the real problem -> If you do that, you literally start transitioning. But I still want to stay "normal" and have a nice life, like all other people in my age. Suffering of this in a young age is just horrible.

To add something more: I noticed that my skin tissue all over my body is just pretty androgen sensitive: got a ton of body hair aka. monkey, pimples all over my body, epsecially forehead, back and shoulders, and overproduction of sebum, literally overproduction. My hair is feeling like it got toss in oil after 10hrs/ish of shower or a day and then it looks like I'm severly balding.

Side note: my family history is all about baldness lol. I'm actually doomed being bald. I knew I will be bald when I'm adult, but I never expected it starting within puberty.

My father started to lose hair in his late teens, starting from the crown/top/vertex, like I do now.

He was a NW7 by the age of 25.
And If I would shave my head, I feel like the horseshoe pattern would be clearly visible.

Also something to note: I'm all about hair styles and appearence, so I can't deal with being bald EVER.

Now...

What I want to do:

I already visited 4 derms, 2 family doctors, next week the andrology and soon the endocrinology, as the family doctor noticed my DHEA being TOOO high, like over the normal range.

Also, my E2 is reaching the peak zone of the normal range and my testosterone level the opposite, weird.

And oh yeah, its visible that I have a bit of a higher E2 (lol).

One doctor will already start to prescribe me Finasteride in April. But this won't be enough for me, I already know this, as I have aggressive male pattern baldness genes/hair loss.

So I came to the thought of adding bicalutamide 50mg + maybe spironolactone 100mg. And I really want to get regrowth. I want to avoid topicals, because it's just such a hassle for me. Also, I am okay with the side effects of being temporarily impotent, developing more gyno, and having a much younger look.

I never will have kids (dont want to spread my shitty genes), will get anyways gyno surgery (better than NW7 hair transplant) and I love the youthful look, I hate beards and the TOO masculine look. Cant believe that asian culture isn't still that much widespread.

My question is; can I experience regrowth/thickening or even just stopping further hair loss with that treatment and if I can use it as a long term solution (any experiences somebody!?). I am not transgender btw lol, I am asexual if somebody wants to know that.

Pic's: (the ones, were my hair looks kinda "wet" is made one day after shower lol)

I am really not in the mood to hear someone saying that I'm not balding, family members and friends are worrying for me... Pointing it out.

And no, I don't want to start taking E or actual HRT, that would be overkill for me, and not morally.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any reply, no, I want a reply, please!

Attachments

• 20210129_161835.jpg
    20210129_161835.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 20210129_161630.jpg
    20210129_161630.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 152
  • 20210129_161657.jpg
    20210129_161657.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20210129_161535.jpg
    20210129_161535.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210129_161556.jpg
    20210129_161556.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20210129_161129.jpg
    20210129_161129.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20210114_221708.jpg
    20210114_221708.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210112_214834.jpg
    20210112_214834.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 20201217_123855.jpg
    20201217_123855.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 142
  • 20201122_122725.jpg
    20201122_122725.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 20200928_202734.jpg
    20200928_202734.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In your case, Bicalutaide is propably best thing(of all the bad ones) you can take. Maybe try 25mg of bica and start low dosage oral minoxidil. Bicalutamide has high rates of gyno but is decent if you want to maintain sexual function. It wont't change your fat distribution from what i have seen. It would likely make you look younger so thats a plus for you.